P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

24 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Apparently not as they have no wifi and cannot therefore issue tickets via their machines or distribute them to telephone apps.  It's all becoming a bit comical now, I'm holding for National Rail who tell me they should be able to complete a telephone sale with an electronic ticket. Apparently they guy is in an Indian call  centre so is checking with the UK via email.  You really couldn't make it up.  No train company can sell a ticket over the telephone, only National Rail is allowed to do this, apparently it's a streamlined service!

I wonder if there has been a major cyber attack on a large server centre, I notice that Yahoo/Sky e-mail is down, and another smaller cruise site is also down.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

It's all becoming a bit comical now, I'm holding for National Rail who tell me they should be able to complete a telephone sale with an electronic ticket. Apparently they guy is in an Indian call  centre so is checking with the UK via email. 

Possibly using their new call centre 😉   FullMoon2010.jpg.82ee8640ec5820ea2b444c5a81699f9d.jpg

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder if there has been a major cyber attack on a major server centre, I notice that Yahoo/Sky e-mail is down, and another smaller cruise site is also down.

I use them John and mines working fine so it's not national 

Some businesses are really hopeless. Last night, I visited the WHSmith website to order my usual photo albums as I’d been sorting my photos over the weekend. To qualify for postage I looked for some 2024 A5 week to a view diaries for business use as we need them now to schedule business events for next year. They only had a few fancy ones, not their basic standard diaries. No wonder they’re struggling if they can’t provide their core products in a timely manner. If they don’t have them ready by mid September, I will look elsewhere. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Still out here, a bit concerned that nobody else is having any problems,

Are you registered on Sky's disabled help line John ? 

Edited by kalos

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Still out here, a bit concerned that nobody else is having any problems,

Sky working here as we are watching the racing and have just checked all our apps okay.  We do intermittently lose connection to our wifi and have to reset the router to get it back.

Just now, kalos said:

Are you registered on Sky's help line John ? 

No idea, but MySky app is also not working for me. But I obviously do have a working broadband so hopefully no problems with my recordings or any streaming I might want to do this evening.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No idea, but MySky app is also not working for me. But I obviously do have a working broadband so hopefully no problems with my recordings or any streaming I might want to do this evening.

Because of your wife you can register for exclusive help line as I have done . 

Give them a ring tell them you want to register They will let you choose a password .

Tell them your problem and they should help if they can . ...  0344 241 0333

Hoper you get sorted 🙂

Yet more dramas!!! In all the excitement with my BIL stranded in Italy and my train woes I'd completely forgotten about my American friends who travelled into UK on Queen Mary 2 and flew straight out to Spain from Southampton when they arrived.  I've just had a message to say they're meant to arrive London tomorrow but BA cannot confirm if and when.  To add to the excitement they've also lost their luggage en route! To quote my friend:

"Right now- no clothes no underwear nothing no makeup 
Have only what I wore on plane
BA NEVER AGAIN FOR ME"

Goodness knows what's happening next!! They have to board QM2 back to NYC on 4th I've not said a word but am silently praying!
Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Yet more dramas!!! In all the excitement with my BIL stranded in Italy and my train woes I'd completely forgotten about my American friends who travelled into UK on Queen Mary 2 and flew straight out to Spain from Southampton when they arrived.  I've just had a message to say they're meant to arrive London tomorrow but BA cannot confirm if and when.  To add to the excitement they've also lost their luggage en route! To quote my friend:

"Right now- no clothes no underwear nothing no makeup 
Have only what I wore on plane
BA NEVER AGAIN FOR ME"

Goodness knows what's happening next!! They have to board QM2 back to NYC on 4th I've not said a word but am silently praying!

Issues or not, we've only flown with BA once and never again. Terrible attitude and service. JET2 and Tui have always been fab... as has Monarch to be honest ..and Excel. 

Having said that ... not sure all of this mess is any airlines' fault. Glad we are in our happy place in Wales at the minute. 

Must be a nightmare for those stranded or whose holidays are wrecked.

Edited by Presto2
Predictive text .....
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Issues or nit, we've only flown with BA once and never again. Terrible attitude and service. JET2 and Tui have always been fab... as has Monarch to be honest ..and Excel. 

Having said that ... not sure all of this mess is any airlines' fault. Glad we are in our happy place in Wales at the minute. 

Must be a nightmare for those stranded or whose holidays are wrecked.

Have little choice but to use them for my long haul flights as they cover most destinations.  I quite like Lufthansa to the States but invariably I go via Germany and break my journey to visit friends.  Very odd watching the flight plan which says I'm flying over Salisbury as we are a flight free zone unless there's an emergency. I'd love to know where we really are on those flights.

Barbados 
Tortola 
La Romana 
St Maarten 
Antigua 
St Kitts 
Martinique 
St Lucia 

anyone got any recommendations for these islands? Especially with 9&8 year olds. Just looking through some of the blogs to see what to do. Found one from interestedcruisefan. Wonder if there is any from any others, used some in the past but forgot the names to search. 

22 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Barbados 
Tortola 
La Romana 
St Maarten 
Antigua 
St Kitts 
Martinique 
St Lucia 

anyone got any recommendations for these islands? Especially with 9&8 year olds. Just looking through some of the blogs to see what to do. Found one from interestedcruisefan. Wonder if there is any from any others, used some in the past but forgot the names to search. 

There's a thread on here I started for these ports. May be on page 2 or 3 by now. Worh checking it out. 

Well the sun may be putting his hat on in-between clouds but its a cold northerly wind .. feels more like October ! The sea is roaring in for high tide. Beautiful but not paddling weather ..... well at our age, the children may be up for it!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Barbados 
Tortola 
La Romana 
St Maarten 
Antigua 
St Kitts 
Martinique 
St Lucia 

Found it

17 hours ago, kalos said:

Because of your wife you can register for exclusive help line as I have done . 

Give them a ring tell them you want to register They will let you choose a password .

Tell them your problem and they should help if they can . ...  0344 241 0333

Hoper you get sorted 🙂

Thanks Kalos I will bear that in mind, however my problem is now resolved, I took the usually recomended action when these sort of incidents happen, I switched my phone off and did a restart, and surprise, surprise everything is now fully working. 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1