P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We're both fine(ish) Gill, thank you. Frank is having some mobility issues at the moment and I'm having to help him more than normal.  The heat has been affecting me and as a result I'm not sleeping much, about  three or four hours a night so I'm a little down at the moment and don't feel like posting much. I've  been reading all the posts and reacting, it helps me through the day. I'll bounce back, I always do.🙂

A bit of an odd day of mixed emotions for us today. Frank's 78th birthday and the anniversary of his Mum's death. 

Have a good day all whether on land or sea.

Avril

Glad you are ok-ish Avril and Happy Birthday to Frank.

I hope that with the cooler weather you will feel a bit chirpier….. the heat has certainly not been conducive to uninterrupted sleep at night.

Take care. X

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thinking of anniversaries, it is our 58th anniversary today, unfortunately since 2001 the date has become rather notorious.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.93a69a1e3812e793a81cf67cb764204f.gif

Wow !!!  58 YEARS , Congratulations to the pair of you 🙂

What do you buy each year ? I am rubbish at buying gifts for such occasions .

I think the Mrs was trying to help me by leaving loads of cruise magazines all over the house .

Pleased to say I can take a hint ,so I hope she's pleased with the magazine rack 😉🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

8 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good afternoon everyone. Just thought I would come out of my " lurking cabin" . We are just arrived to our favourite Hotel down here in Sidmouth Devon .(We travelled down yesterday & stayed in a Holiday inn Taunton( had to slum it overnight) as we didn't want to spend half a day travelling. We are here again for a short break to celebrate our wedd/anniversary 42 yrs. It is 21* sunny but overcast, we left 32* back in Kent yesterday. Great to be welcomed back again, we were here last newyear. The staff here are first class, food excellent, it is just to nice to be looked after. Hopefully will post some pictures later, and from our planned river cruise from Exmouth tomorrow.

Happy 42nd wedding anniversary to you both.

anniversary-42-9.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We're both fine(ish) Gill, thank you. Frank is having some mobility issues at the moment and I'm having to help him more than normal.  The heat has been affecting me and as a result I'm not sleeping much, about  three or four hours a night so I'm a little down at the moment and don't feel like posting much. I've  been reading all the posts and reacting, it helps me through the day. I'll bounce back, I always do.🙂

A bit of an odd day of mixed emotions for us today. Frank's 78th birthday and the anniversary of his Mum's death. 

Avril

Avril @Adawn47.

Happy 78th birthday Frank.

Anniversary memory in heaven to your dear mam Frank.

Graham 

maxresdefault.jpg

5d3b64aae40dd05e34695b6704d62377.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Beckett said:

Sorry to hear you're a bit low Avril. Thankfully it looks as though the temperatures are dropping this week and the relief of some sleep should come soon. I hope poor Frank regains his normal mobility and you both get your bounceability back. Take good care both. Best wishes. Jane xx

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o9CIC0FTK6I&si=NpJTnpmlhIa0bIfZ

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

All the best Frank, I am sure Avril will make it special.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry folks but 1980 was a good year for us, we are fast approaching our 43rd wedding anniversary in November.

I was amazed that when we went to hospital this morning, I checked in on the screens and as we entered the waiting room my name was just being called so it was straight in and 10 minutes later we were walking back to the car park. 

I now have 4 to 5 weeks waiting for the letter either telling me that I am ok for another year or calling me back for treatment

Best wishes for good news Josy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad morning and afternoon here, raining now. We have been watching the Emley Moor mast removal this afternoon. 

Is that it,Ithought it was taking all of it.Our Fred would have sorted it for a packet of fags.

• Haha 4

Good morning everyone hope you are all keeping well and safe and Avril I hope you’re able to sleep a bit better now the weather is cooling a bit . 

It was Sardinia yesterday and it didn’t start off to well but that was my fault, because it was a tender port the first one was at 8 o’clock and this was too early for us , we wanted 9 o’clock but the steward wouldn’t give me a ticket for then because they call them in groups and not times so I choose a few rows of cards along her box , as things we’re working out I probably chose a 12 o’clock one , so after waiting some time we got another one and eventually got on the island at 11.15 so a few hours waiting .

we walked all round the old town wall and in the tiny streets and there was many coral shops which I think is their main thing. I ended up buying two dresses though instead because the coral earrings were pretty expensive the ones I liked anyway, so we spent about 2 hours walking around and decided we’d had enough and went to catch the tender back and was met by a huge line to join but good as princess is we we’re also given umbrellas to shade under , cold flannels and cold water and the line moved pretty quickly I don’t think we waited anymore than 15 minutes, all in all a very enjoyable day .

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4282.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4292.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@Purdey16 Wonderful photos Purdey - please keep 'em coming.  Thank you for taking the time to post and I'm so glad you're having good cruise.

It's still very muggy down here despite the temperature dropping quite a bit. Roll on a full night's sleep.

Only 104 days to Christmas!

Keep well and safe everyone. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone hope you are all keeping well and safe and Avril I hope you’re able to sleep a bit better now the weather is cooling a bit . 

It was Sardinia yesterday and it didn’t start off to well but that was my fault, because it was a tender port the first one was at 8 o’clock and this was too early for us , we wanted 9 o’clock but the steward wouldn’t give me a ticket for then because they call them in groups and not times so I choose a few rows of cards along her box , as things we’re working out I probably chose a 12 o’clock one , so after waiting some time we got another one and eventually got on the island at 11.15 so a few hours waiting .

we walked all round the old town wall and in the tiny streets and there was many coral shops which I think is their main thing. I ended up buying two dresses though instead because the coral earrings were pretty expensive the ones I liked anyway, so we spent about 2 hours walking around and decided we’d had enough and went to catch the tender back and was met by a huge line to join but good as princess is we we’re also given umbrellas to shade under , cold flannels and cold water and the line moved pretty quickly I don’t think we waited anymore than 15 minutes, all in all a very enjoyable day .

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4282.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4292.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

Love the photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning all,

A nice sunny day down here, cooler of late but still expected to be warm.

Belated Happy Anniversary and birthday wishes to those celebrating them.

A busy day again as meeting a couple of friends for coffee and I should really start packing. I also need to remember to book my car in for its MOT. My list of 'to do' doesn't seem to be getting any shorter😕

• Like 8