How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

I am now starting to wonder... what places will still be in business after this.... just found one our favorite short get away places.. is up for sale ( and with plans to double the number of cabins .. so that it that )

Might be time to start a major rethink on places to go.....

Cheers Don 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I seem to recall that Mic's lovely wife has a bit of bother there, or was that somewhere else Mic?

That was Mudgee, I mentioned her name and school when I was there the other week, I got sent to 'Coventry' by the locals.  And as I mentioned, they sharpened the bones in the Chow feed and I cut my mouth and the hospital doctor would not treat me, do you want to hear any more? Rosie and her school mates must have really played up in in Mudgee a few decades ago.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, I’m sorry. But lockdown is getting to me a wee bit. I’m sure you can all understand.

Mr Gut, are you available for Moama?

Man charged after allegedly attempting to bribe border police

By Megan Levy

A man has been charged after he allegedly attempted to bribe police at the NSW-Victoria border.
Officers stopped a vehicle just before 2pm on Friday at the Barmah Bridge checkpoint.

Officers spoke with the driver, a 66-year-old man, and asked for his border permit to enter NSW.

Police will allege in court that the man could not provide a valid permit, and instead offered an envelope with $1000 to an officer.

The Victorian man was arrested and taken to Deniliquin Police Station, where he was charged with give/offer a bribe to a member of NSW Police.

He was granted conditional bail and is due to appear before Moama Local Court on November 4.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Okay, I’m sorry. But lockdown is getting to me a wee bit. I’m sure you can all understand.

By Megan Levy

A man has been charged after he allegedly attempted to bribe police at the NSW-Victoria border.
Officers stopped a vehicle just before 2pm on Friday at the Barmah Bridge checkpoint.

Officers spoke with the driver, a 66-year-old man, and asked for his border permit to enter NSW.

Police will allege in court that the man could not provide a valid permit, and instead offered an envelope with $1000 to an officer.

The Victorian man was arrested and taken to Deniliquin Police Station, where he was charged with give/offer a bribe to a member of NSW Police.

He was granted conditional bail and is due to appear before Moama Local Court on November 4.

No report of him forfeiting the bribe? Holding as evidence?

32 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

By Megan Levy

If the envelope containing the money was produced it would be seized and would be introduced in evidence as part of the prosecution brief.  The money then becomes the property of the Crown.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:16 PM, possum52 said:

I hope these organisers receive hefty penalties, but am realistic to know that doesn't always happen.Unfortunately having organisers arrested seems to wncourage the members of these groups to do the wrong things.

Leigh

I hope they include that Newman bloke. Idiot.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, possum52 said:

Let me say I do not support Labor normally but at this time I don't think there is any other way to control the outbreak. I'm also not in the camp of 'letting it run'. I do acknowledge that many people have lost their businesses and the unemployment numbers are very high. We have been lucky, that is Rob and I and our families have not been affected in any way for employment. Our children and their spouses all work for either state government departments or local council.

My son always refers to Dan Andrews as Dictator Dan as do many others.

Leigh

I have sympathy for the state premiers regardless of political leanings. They have an extremely difficult job to do and I know it's not a job I would like to have. Too many critics believe they can push their own political barrow by cheap swiping at their leaders. They, the critics, have their rhetoric but they certainly don't have all, or in some cases, any solutions.

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I hope they include that Newman bloke. Idiot.

I read that he was visited by police during the week and issued with an official warning. I think he should have been fined at least but then again, many people laugh at him these days.

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I have sympathy for the state premiers regardless of political leanings. They have an extremely difficult job to do and I know it's not a job I would like to have. Too many critics believe they can push their own political barrow by cheap swiping at their leaders. They, the critics, have their rhetoric but they certainly don't have all, or in some cases, any solutions.

I have sympathy for the state premiers too, it is the most thankless job to have at this time and I agree that their critics are not coming up with any worthwhile solutions. Your description certainly describes the Vic oppostion leader to a tee.

Leigh

I had a dream   where all the pollies work together for the good of Australia and give us light and hope.... then a magical pixie unicorn did a dance and sung a sweet song and all was good...

Can we please stop the world I want to get off........ lol

Then I woke up....  shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine........

One day we will look back at this.........

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I read that he was visited by police during the week and issued with an official warning. I think he should have been fined at least but then again, many people laugh at him these days.

I have sympathy for the state premiers too, it is the most thankless job to have at this time and I agree that their critics are not coming up with any worthwhile solutions. Your description certainly describes the Vic oppostion leader to a tee.

Leigh

Good Morning, young Leigh, I have no issues with your Vic PM Daniel, he is doing a good job under extreme circumstances. I don't care much for the Premier of that place up north where it is supposed to be 'Beautiful one day and Perfect the next.' She is OTT.

ScoMo should get stuck in and open the relevant borders, using federal resources, one country this is.  If he is cranky with Qld, he should withdraw some Federal funding, that will make them wake up.

Edited by NSWP

How the world has changed in a bit more than six months. Today I received an email from Spotlight telling me that "trending now - tie-dye masks". They also had examples of people wearing masks that matched their clothes.

I have yet to wear a mask. My daughter gave me one and I have it ready to use but I won't have one to match every outfit!😁

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good Morning, young Leigh, I have no issues with your Vic PM Daniel, he is doing a good job under extreme circumstances. I don't care much for the Premier of that place up north where it is supposed to be 'Beautiful one day and Perfect the next.' She is OTT.

ScoMo should get stuck in and open the relevant borders, using federal resources, one country this is.  If he is cranky with Qld, he should withdraw some Federal funding, that will make them wake up.

I have no issues with Dan Andrews, he's in a no win situation. I think that many Melbournians have had enough of lockdown restrictions but unfortunately can't see that we have to go the full distance with them. They are easily influenced by the anti everything activists and social media hasn't helped. I was looking at a local MP's FB page this morning, this person has worked very hard for his electorate and has been available to provide information and help basically 24/7. But this morning, some of the abuse he was copping was shocking and I doubt these people even live in his electorate. 

Isn't Scomo unable to demand the borders open due to the federal constitution?

Leigh

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

I had a dream   where all the pollies work together for the good of Australia and give us light and hope.... then a magical pixie unicorn did a dance and sung a sweet song and all was good...

Can we please stop the world I want to get off........ lol

Then I woke up....  shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine........

One day we will look back at this.........

Don

NZ did something along those lines during during Level 4 . We formed the Epidemic Response Comittee and Jacinda appointed an Opposition member to lead it ,so that it could seen they were all working together for the the collective good of the country .

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

As Leigh said, constitutional issues of states rights.

However, as you look at the abuse hurled at her, remember that SA, NSW, Tas, WA all have various degrees of closed borders. Hardly mentioned.

One particular norther state has an election on 31 October. More than a little politicking involved, in my opinion.

• Like 1