Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

On 3/18/2023 at 3:33 PM, techteach said:

What time should I arrive for this feast? Sounds wonderful.

It was fun we started at 5 pm and I had threaten that I would have to go to bed to get the guests to leave at 11:30 pm. And then two hours of clean up. Thank goodness for two dishwashers. Five loads later, I am on the last wash. 

17 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

It was fun we started at 5 pm and I had threaten that I would have to go to bed to get the guests to leave at 11:30 pm. And then two hours of clean up. Thank goodness for two dishwashers. Five loads later, I am on the last wash. 

5 loads of dishes? That was quite a party and I’m assuming you had a great time.

I’ve been away for awhile and missed you all. Spring has definitely sprung here in Big Swampy and we’re spending a lot of time outside. 

We are anxiously awaiting April when Mister will (finally) have hip replacement surgery. They tell us he can be back on the dance floor in 6 week, and back in prime form in 6 months.  We’re looking at a 2025 voyage, maybe on Queen Anne but everything is on hold until we know how his recovery will go. 

Happy to “see” you all.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, ronpes said:

Just as we put the clocks forward this Sunday to British Summer (?) Time our forecast is SNOW !

Daylight savings time here AND officially spring, and snow forecast for Saturday night.  Oof.  It won't last long, though.

We're going to try this with dinner this evening:

IMG_20230326_151939105.thumb.jpg.cf4ebe1dea03be0be42fa9bb15cbfe16.jpg

Unfortunately not the Château Mouton or Château Lafite, but Rothschild's wine for the masses; Mouton Cadet.  By combining various discounts and cash back offers we ended up getting 2 at a nett 3€78 each!

Initial tasting was good although not exceptional. If we like it with the meal, we'll go back for another 6 tomorrow.

MoutonCadet.thumb.jpg.abb8693e375599134ac6dba3f91e388c.jpg

• Like 1

All is well in Central Florida.

The weather is warm and American major league baseball is in its final games of Spring Training. Opening Day is right around the corner!

For baseball fans in the US, that is exciting.

We are up to our final payment this week on our Cunard Alaska voyage, so it is really starting to feel real that we will be returning to our beloved Cunard.

After waiting on this trip since our cancelled Alaska voyage in 2020, we feel like this is a welcome friend coming for a long awaited visit.

• Like 2

ALC 13, I see from another thread you are doing a Japan Cruise on QE in April. I have been noticing that She has been in Singapore away from the Tourist Dock for some weeks, so I presume she is undergoing some 'touching up' Do you catch her in Singapore, or does she sail to Japan before taking on Passengers, do you know?

14 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

ALC 13, I see from another thread you are doing a Japan Cruise on QE in April. I have been noticing that She has been in Singapore away from the Tourist Dock for some weeks, so I presume she is undergoing some 'touching up' Do you catch her in Singapore, or does she sail to Japan before taking on Passengers, do you know?

To provide some additional detail, @Bigmike911, QE is currently at Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore for scheduled maintenance. She has been there since March 17. She just left the drydock there about five hours ago. Her next voyage with passengers departs in a couple more days. That's voyage Q313C, a 16-night cruise, April 3-19, from Singapore to Yokohama with eight port calls in Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan and Okinawa along the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Right, we’ll be on the 2nd itinerary after the refit.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:33 PM, bluemarble said:

To provide some additional detail, @Bigmike911, QE is currently at Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore for scheduled maintenance. She has been there since March 17. She just left the drydock there about five hours ago. Her next voyage with passengers departs in a couple more days. That's voyage Q313C, a 16-night cruise, April 3-19, from Singapore to Yokohama with eight port calls in Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan and Okinawa along the way.

Great Infor Blue Marble. Thank you so much. Mike.