Questions about future cruise credit

dawnrae

Does anyone have info on how it will be handled if WE cancel our May 16th cruise - we have 3 cabins that had two people in each.  We paid for all three with a travel agent.... and with the exception of the original deposit - all were paid off using carnival gift cards....

Do we get gift cards as a 'refund' or do we get FCC?

If we get FCC - will they be credited to me since I paid for it all... or to each person in each cabin?

This was a college graduation celebration for 2 daughters that are graduating, roommate of another one graduating and fiancé of the other that just graduated..... They are likely to start going their own way and would be difficult to round everyone up again to take another group cruise in the future....  

Any info would be appreciated

Our Mardi Gras aug 31 cancellations and the subsequent FCCs were issued per person.

Each person can apply their own  FCC as they like, it doesn’t have to be used on the same sailings.

FCC must be used for a new booking, if there is any “leftover “ it is lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sillyjilly said:

I would think so since it's a credit and the new cruise could be cheaper. You still keep the leftover credit until its expiration date.

Cheaper I doubt.i checked the price of my cruise for January 2022 it has gone up almost $500.im talking an inside cabin at that.

16 hours ago, lasekeye said:

Our Mardi Gras aug 31 cancellations and the subsequent FCCs were issued per person.

Each person can apply their own  FCC as they like, it doesn’t have to be used on the same sailings.

FCC must be used for a new booking, if there is any “leftover “ it is lost.

I am hoping this is the case.  I am expecting a FCC from an expensive cruise and want to divide it on two others.  Thanks for current information.

4 hours ago, dawnrae said:

I am hoping this is the case.  I am expecting a FCC from an expensive cruise and want to divide it on two others.  Thanks for current information.

I’m a little confused.....maybe my original post wasn’t clear.

If Carnival gives you a FCC from a cancelled booking, each person in that stateroom will get their own FCC.

Each persons FCC can be used only once, it can’t be divided into different sailings.  If the FCC from the cancelled cruise has a higher dollar value than the new booking, you will forfeit the difference.  So, if the new booking is lower priced than the previous cancelled sailing, make sure you upgrade to a better room to “spend” the full FCC value.

Edited by lasekeye
Spelling

The terms and conditions for the FCC offered for the cancelled cruises from 3/14-4/9/2020 are different from those for the FCC offered for the cancelled Mardi Gras sailings.  We had the 15 day 9/30/2020 Mardi Gras Journeys cruise sailing cancelled and were able to apply the FCC to 3 different shorter sailings.

The terms and conditions for the FCC offered for the cancelled cruises from 3/14-4/9/2020 state: "The FCC/OBC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking...."  We had our 3/22/2020 Magic cruise cancelled used the FCC for a 2021 sailing costing less.  The excess FCC will be applied as an OBC on the same booking.

This said, I think the Carnival reps have some latitude about applying the terms and conditions.

2 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

The terms and conditions for the FCC offered for the cancelled cruises from 3/14-4/9/2020 are different from those for the FCC offered for the cancelled Mardi Gras sailings.  We had the 15 day 9/30/2020 Mardi Gras Journeys cruise sailing cancelled and were able to apply the FCC to 3 different shorter sailings.

The terms and conditions for the FCC offered for the cancelled cruises from 3/14-4/9/2020 state: "The FCC/OBC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking...."  We had our 3/22/2020 Magic cruise cancelled used the FCC for a 2021 sailing costing less.  The excess FCC will be applied as an OBC on the same booking.

This said, I think the Carnival reps have some latitude about applying the terms and conditions.

Oh, this is all so confusing.  Our PVP told us from our original Mardi Gras B2B August 31 sailing from Copenhagen to NY, we would each have 2 FCC’s to use.....total of 4 FCC’s. Each FCC had to be used toward a new sailing.  It couldn’t be split into multiple cruises, it couldn’t be doubled and used on only 1 sailing, “each FCC had to be applied separately to a new cruise”.

7 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Oh, this is all so confusing.  Our PVP told us from our original Mardi Gras B2B August 31 sailing from Copenhagen to NY, we would each have 2 FCC’s to use.....total of 4 FCC’s. Each FCC had to be used toward a new sailing.  It couldn’t be split into multiple cruises, it couldn’t be doubled and used on only 1 sailing, “each FCC had to be applied separately to a new cruise”.

Thinking more about this, the FCC for the Mardi Gras was 25% of the base fare.  In our case, the FCC was likely applied to just one of the three sailings.  We were paid in full, so the remainder of the payments were applied to the the other cruises.  So what your PVP told you was probably correct.

In the case of our 3/22 cancelled cruise, we were past final payment date, also paid in full, and the FCC was 100% of the base fare.

So I just found out today that my cruise April 11th has been canceled.   I went ahead and applied on their form for the FCC and OBC.  My question is, I am interested in booking another cruise now.  How do I go about using the FCC to pay for it?  It looks like they would want me to enter my new booking number to use the FCC but if I have to pay for the cruise, how are they going to apply for FCC?  Will they refund my new booking to my card??  I know its almost impossible to get a hold of anyone over the phone so I want to try to make this as easy and painless as possible for me and everyone else.

Also, I have a friend who I want to take with me on the cruise, and he has a better offer listed under his account.  Could I use my FCC under his offer?  I am still going to go on the cruise, just booking under his offer code.

Thanks

3 hours ago, dawnrae said:

I was hoping to use my husband’s share of the FCC for one cruise and my share for a different cruise.  So, should this work?

Sure, that will work.  

You and Hubby don’t have to use your FCC’s at the same time, each FCC is attached to the VIFP number that earned them, and can only be used toward cruise fare for that specific person.  (So, if you if you want to use only 1 FCC per cruise...one of you will pay full price while the other has a FCC applied to their cruise price).

Just be aware of the FCC expiration date, don’t let it lapse.

Edited by lasekeye

Partial answer....

FCC is credited to an individual VIFP number to be used toward a new cruise.  Every person in the stateroom of a cancelled cruise will earn their own FCC, (not sure how it works if there were more than 2 in the room) which is pro-rated to what they originally paid/would have paid.

When you book a new cruise, your PVP will see (but make sure they know you want to use it at this time) that there is a credit to be used toward the new cruise fare.  This FCC is then applied right away to the total/final price of the new cruise.  If you use a TA, they will need to call their Carnival contact to confirm that you have a FCC (have your cancelled Carnival booking # handy).

22 hours ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

I don't know the answer but have a question similar. We booked three cabins. Either way is Carnival cancels or we cancel with the insurance do all three cabins need to take the same offer or can two ask for a refund and one FCC?

Got my answer and my cancellation email this morning.  All is good they are even refunding the VPP insurance.