Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Put together a kitchen for my grandaughter this morning. Took every bit of 3 hours. Very retro.

20201127_131031.thumb.jpg.688df157a21185a0c47454fcaf421aff.jpg

She likes it. Accessories on order

You did a great job as usual John.

Have you and Pat drank those lovely bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale?.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, island lady said:

This one had spinach...yum!  

Next one up, thought I would try BBQ chicken pizza.  🍕

Try putting pineapple pieces on the BBQ chicken pizza. 

On 11/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Kudos to you and your wife.  Nothing worse than trying to get in and out of a grocery store quickly than a bunch of couple shopping together clogging up the aisles, nattering back and forth over what brand to buy of something to save a couple pennies. 

Mike and I almost always go together. We usually split the list up and one of us takes one half of the store and the other one the other half. Shopping goes much quicker. Luckily he doesn't mind shopping and is good at it. Of course he sticks to the list more than I do. 😁

On 11/22/2020 at 3:16 PM, mo&fran said:

At least you report inches instead of centimeters.

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, Domino D said:

4. Window shopping my 111 Day Around the World retirement cruise on Princess.  

Mike told me about 3 years ago to start looking into one for when he retires. He still has 7 years to go if he stays until 65. I can't even wrap my brain around something that far in advance cruise wise. I still haven't looked into any part of it. In a few years I will probably start.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, she is a beast.    I donated the turkey I bought for her so I am sure it went to someone who appreciated it.       My DH did phone her last weekend and firmly told her to leave for me -she is to stop calling me,  so far so good.      My Husband is the only person left in the whole family that speaks to her and that is only because he promised his dying Father he would.    Her Sister,  other Son, SIL, Grandchildren and the neighbors don't want anything do with her.    She is truly a very nasty person and doesn't see any problem with it.   

We had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday for just the 2 of us.    Our Sons enjoyed their day with their Girlfriends at their own apartments.     Nice relaxing day.

I hope you did, too!

I liked this post for the right reason. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

On another note, we spoke with DH's Brother last night who has been in the hospital for several weeks battling Covid.   It was touch and go for awhile there and doc kept saying he may have to intubate.    They never did.   Last week his oxygen levels were improving and he is now hanging around 85.    Still not good but much better than  a month ago.   He is very weak and unable to stand or walk and say he will lots of therapy but he is improving everyday so that was great to hear!

As well as this one. 

Two polar opposite posts but easy to like them both. Hopefully you get a reprieve for sometime. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:46 PM, mo&fran said:

you should see similar temperatures at your house in Fla next week.

I can't wait for our "winter" to start here even if it's only for a few days.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:28 AM, island lady said:

Interesting...need to try that next time.  I slather it with ketchup.  😉 

Same here. Love ketchup. 😁

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've got the covid blues. I need more people interaction, not just my parents and sister. The highlight of my staycation was installing a new 65 inch tv at my parents where their neighbors came to help, with masks on. But just the interaction and laughter helped.

I'm chomping at the bit to just go anywhere, but going alone doesnt hold much appeal.

We are doing Thanksgiving today, yesterday my sister and her hubby went to his daughters. I told mom no sense cooking as they wouldnt be hungry. So I was home alone for Thanksgiving but will go out today. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I've had about enough alone time right now. I want my life back. I cant go visit friends or relatives as they are my age and not mixing with people.

I'm sick and tired of covid. Felt ready to scream last night. Even driving to the beach doesnt appeal, somewhat, I get take out and bring to my hotel room or risk mixing? 

Sorry to hear how frustrated you are. Can't wait for the vaccine to be widely distributed. If you don't mind me asking, but why are you in a hotel?

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

On another note, we spoke with DH's Brother last night who has been in the hospital for several weeks battling Covid.   It was touch and go for awhile there and doc kept saying he may have to intubate.    They never did.   Last week his oxygen levels were improving and he is now hanging around 85.    Still not good but much better than  a month ago.   He is very weak and unable to stand or walk and say he will lots of therapy but he is improving everyday so that was great to hear!

So sorry to hear about your BIL. Hopefully he will continue to improve and will be home soon.

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Can't wait for the vaccine to be widely distributed.

It was encouraging to hear today that the vaccine is going to be available in mid December at the assisted living facility that a relative of mine lives in.  They called today to see if my relative should receive it or not as they are not requiring all to receive it.

• Like 3

We sold some rail fencing to a nearby neighbour and the last couple days they took it down. We did help with the post pulling because their loader tractor wasn’t strong enough.  Lisa ran the chain today and the job is now done.  It’s also been raining the last two days and you can see the mud.  That’s better than the predicted snow tonight. 

82C8E3DD-9D9C-444F-ABB8-CA283577A49F.thumb.jpeg.52fc5d4019486eafd66fedb9b039c846.jpeg

I delivered 3 loads of posts to help them out. It’s a 10 mile round trip. I also wanted to get everything to their place.  It’s the last big job of the year here. I just want to wash a few pieces of equipment and that’s about it. 

On my trip I pass by our local observatory. I kind of forget it’s there, as it has been there my entire life and on a secondary road. They started with the large station and now have 3 smaller stations. 

768A3AEC-7B0F-4F2F-B615-45A89ACE6818.thumb.jpeg.65a3d5e5bd5935c9ec3017e7cbfd854d.jpeg

82E52DB3-294C-4B84-AFB1-25108D365B1A.thumb.jpeg.bd36c603d5a090c132e88e10827e6fbb.jpeg

A couple throw back photos from back in the day. 

BED8351E-5570-4A27-82B0-3E47092CF895.gif.29d0cb604cc0b44be90e88511b2739a3.gif

Their 1.2 metre telescope.

77FE1D62-1195-4840-A9D6-C370C2828B94.gif.1165ab5711ff20449e5a7e1d1421f4f2.gif

Looks like it could be a missile silo. 

5840E7EC-DFEF-4FD4-BBAB-910CA31BD949.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

I haven't been on this thread for about 5 days so I'm catching up. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all. Mike and I had a lazy day. I slept until 10:00 because I shopped online until 5:00 am. I have been so busy lately that I haven't really thought about what I wanted to shop for. All of a sudden it hit me last night, but I didn't buy very much.

I loved all the food pictures. We had the basics since it was just the 2 of us. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and brussel sprouts. I don't make pies and we forget to buy one so we had no dessert. 😫  I posted this picture on another thread, but thought I would post it again. 🤣

20201126_011646.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

Lucy was up to some antics as well today. She snuck into the large barn and I had to call her out at the end of the day. 

She is almost 40’ up.

9BA592F2-91DC-4C4A-BF4B-14CED1FE01F0.thumb.jpeg.0ab5b7c15a0e099adce54c70ec32a61c.jpeg

Can you spot her?

2E3D97DA-E5DE-4FEA-9AB7-A50D526D0ED8.thumb.jpeg.3c6a95822647ba34da100c41dbc7fe91.jpeg

She didn’t know what way to come down, so she walked the trusses some more.

B63072AC-2478-4480-9193-F6F061936EE4.thumb.jpeg.722bec5fe2d00a0cb98e25b21f6fe1f8.jpeg

She contemplated jumping for a few minutes. At least she is only 20’ up at this point. 

D7C84D3D-BF24-431A-BB99-C8E1C5FE78E8.thumb.jpeg.332ab90b868b3f7a57ff4ed56c9a4710.jpeg

Then she did. You can just see her tail.

99EF82DA-EC1A-4BC9-86A8-308E9D27DD44.thumb.jpeg.bb7fd6371b5e79c3b545a91debec0416.jpeg

A couple minutes later she was down.

A3D6C02C-1705-49C9-9A67-A8CE5085D3C1.thumb.jpeg.783c0693f59435d1bf34656a4a8551be.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought for sure you had NA for special occasions. 😂😂😂

I didn't make it. We're up in Atlanta. My last vodka purchase was Polish potato vodka that is on sale at Publix.  Call it PPP

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike told me about 3 years ago to start looking into one for when he retires. He still has 7 years to go if he stays until 65. I can't even wrap my brain around something that far in advance cruise wise. I still haven't looked into any part of it. In a few years I will probably start.

A little closer for me (I hope), but I'm sure it may be a little different by the time I book.  

• Like 1

Hi, Dani,

Sorry to be late to the party on this great long running thread.

We typically put up thr Christmas tree the day after Christmas.  We started buying various ship ornaments few years back as part souvenir and part functional tree decoration. 

Stating the obvious here - do miss sailing during the holidays. Looked back at my cell phone from few years back and grabbed the last picture from the archives. 

20201127_162428.jpg

20201127_164120.jpg

20201127_165910.jpg

20171223_173652.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Took a walk just a couple of houses down from us where there is a pond, with this warning sign.  But just in case you forget or don't read the sign.......an extra reminder here.  

Very thoughtful of him or her to stay near the sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy was up to some antics as well today. She snuck into the large barn and I had to call her out at the end of the day. 

She is almost 40’ up.

9BA592F2-91DC-4C4A-BF4B-14CED1FE01F0.thumb.jpeg.0ab5b7c15a0e099adce54c70ec32a61c.jpeg

Can you spot her?

2E3D97DA-E5DE-4FEA-9AB7-A50D526D0ED8.thumb.jpeg.3c6a95822647ba34da100c41dbc7fe91.jpeg

She didn’t know what way to come down, so she walked the trusses some more.

B63072AC-2478-4480-9193-F6F061936EE4.thumb.jpeg.722bec5fe2d00a0cb98e25b21f6fe1f8.jpeg

She contemplated jumping for a few minutes. At least she is only 20’ up at this point. 

D7C84D3D-BF24-431A-BB99-C8E1C5FE78E8.thumb.jpeg.332ab90b868b3f7a57ff4ed56c9a4710.jpeg

Then she did. You can just see her tail.

99EF82DA-EC1A-4BC9-86A8-308E9D27DD44.thumb.jpeg.bb7fd6371b5e79c3b545a91debec0416.jpeg

A couple minutes later she was down.

A3D6C02C-1705-49C9-9A67-A8CE5085D3C1.thumb.jpeg.783c0693f59435d1bf34656a4a8551be.jpeg

Just look at that adorable cute face. Thanks for her cheery photo. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

wow @A&L_Ont what is the observatory used for?

and Lucy is far braver than I

Star watching. The local university still has it’s name on the front security gates and there was a car there 2 of 3 times I passed it by. If it was busy it would have to be at night though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It was encouraging to hear today that the vaccine is going to be available in mid December at the assisted living facility that a relative of mine lives in.  They called today to see if my relative should receive it or not as they are not requiring all to receive it.

Yes, hopefully soon.    I spoke with my SIL last night and her Mother lives an assisted living facility and in the past 2 weeks they had 8 workers test positive and now have 4 residents with Covid.    She has thought about bringing her Mom to her house but she is early stage dementia and needs a lot of attention and my SIL is a nurse that works 12 hour shifts so leaving her mom home alone wouldn't be good either.       The facilities need help as quick as possible.     

• Like 1

Today I have an appointment at noon to visit a foster home for maybe a new kitty cat.    And we were doing our 2nd Thanksgiving.   I'm having our other BIL over for a full thanksgiving meal.   He lives alone and didn't do anything for Thanksgiving.   I felt bad for him being home alone all the time and I know he is safe as he doesn't go anywhere other than food store and always wears his mask.       Cooking another 18 pound turkey with all the fixings today.      Might have another guest, a new cat be part of the entertainment.     

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, hopefully soon.    I spoke with my SIL last night and her Mother lives an assisted living facility and in the past 2 weeks they had 8 workers test positive and now have 4 residents with Covid.    She has thought about bringing her Mom to her house but she is early stage dementia and needs a lot of attention and my SIL is a nurse that works 12 hour shifts so leaving her mom home alone wouldn't be good either.       The facilities need help as quick as possible.     

My relative is in the memory care unit of this assisted living facility.  They have tried to keep them with masks on and social distancing but pretty much impossible in that unit.  The assisted living side and independent living side have been very strict with social distancing, masks and quarantining if anyone has been out of the building.  They locked down the facility in early March and have remained covid free the whole time.  The staff have been amazing and dedicated to the residents.  No outside vendors have been allowed in, other than elevator repair and other critical needs.  They still have not allowed the hairdresser back in the building, so those that are going to have to quarantine do to leaving for a doctors appointment are adding a visit to the hairdresser since they are going to have to quarantine for two weeks anyway.

The isolation is very difficult on the residents though. Outdoor visits with family helped a lot and window visits, but the weather is too cold now.  They are allowing very short, distanced indoor visits with precautions but those don't always go well as the masks muffle voices and the barriers muffle too, so now they have added microphones and speakers to help.  They are really trying!

Hopefully, they get the vaccine mid December as planned.  Initially, they had said depending on availability, vaccines would also be offered to family, but haven't heard them say that again for a few weeks.  Will have to see what they say on this weeks family Zoom call.

• Like 2