Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My nephew bought me tickets for NY Rangers opening night next Tuesday.   Hoping they can finish what they started last year and not come crashing back to earth.

Opening against Tampa should be a nice start. 🙂

I think you're in for a good season.  Rangers have arguably the best goalie in hockey and that is what really matters come post season.  As long as they can finish high enough to secure a couple of rounds of home ice I'd say you're going to be smiling well into June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think you're in for a good season.  Rangers have arguably the best goalie in hockey and that is what really matters come post season.  As long as they can finish high enough to secure a couple of rounds of home ice I'd say you're going to be smiling well into June.

In 1979 I was on a cruise from New York and hall of fame ranger hockey great Phil Esposito was there they had just finished there season and was in playoffs, he was a amazing friendly guy who talked to everyone, during a talent contest his wife thru a pie in his face.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Aaron Judge just hit # 62 most ever in the American League and most people and reporters believe is the true home run record. We had tickets for tonight’s game and had to give them up because of a medical issue , glad our friends and New York native did attend and sent us the video . Go Yankees. 

I remember you posting a while back that you were going to attend one of the games this week.  Sorry you weren't able to be their in person & hope the medical issue isn't serious.

Maybe Judge can hit a few more now that the pressure is off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank you,

🍻 Here's to a 1994 rematch! 🍻

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

In 1979 I was on a cruise from New York and hall of fame ranger hockey great Phil Esposito was there they had just finished there season and was in playoffs, he was a amazing friendly guy who talked to everyone, during a talent contest his wife thru a pie in his face.

I've heard on a few occasions that many sports writers consider hockey players - generally speaking - tend to be some of the most down-to-earth, easy going, friendliest of all the major sports athletes.  Maybe it's because they don't get the same level of attention that NBA or NFL players get (at least in the US of A) or that many hail from small towns.   Not sure why.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Can you also get soda and bottled water?

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bottled water yes. I think yes on soda but not sure.

We were able to get both in January.   I have  not heard of it changing either.  If it did change I would think we would of seen it mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Great story... Those old time hockey players were remarkably down to earth.  The best one I ever met was Dave "Tiger" Williams.  He showed up at a rec hockey game I was playing in back in 1990 at 8 rinks (it might have still been 4 rinks back then)  He'd been retired for a few years and moved back to Vancouver.  He skated with us in the warm up and had a few wobbly pops with us after.  Just a regular guy and a great story teller.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I've heard on a few occasions that many sports writers consider hockey players - generally speaking - tend to be some of the most down-to-earth, easy going, friendliest of all the major sports athletes.  Maybe it's because they don't get the same level of attention that NBA or NFL players get (at least in the US of A) or that many hail from small towns.   Not sure why.

Totally agree back 30 plus years ago they didn’t have the salary that the other sports had , we did a cruise in late 80’s that was a hockey cruise, we had no idea about that before we boarded the ship , I was playing poker with a full table playing Texas poker , was talking to the guy next to me and I told him he should play the bonus for 50 cents so you could win 20k for a royal flush  and one of the other guys at the table you have a better chance at scoring 100 goals next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Blink and you might have missed it!

Other than the build-up anticipation of who may or may not be fired, this group is quite the yawner.

Do you think making the changes with just two charters left is worth it? 

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you think making the changes with just two charters left is worth it? 

Frankly, no. It will take these 2 charters for the newbies to get up to speed. They both should have been fired at Charter 2. Magda was clueless and Ryan was a jerk who didn't  respect his own Capt, his BOSS.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Frankly, no. It will take these 2 charters for the newbies to get up to speed. They both should have been fired at Charter 2. Magda was clueless and Ryan was a jerk who didn't  respect his own Capt, his BOSS.

I agree.

6 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I was washing up dinner dishes...what happened? A flood? Broken pipe? Was there water all over? I missed it.

Never found out why the water was on the floor. First the engineer is checking it out and then there is nothing more said about it.

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never found out why the water was on the floor. First the engineer is checking it out and then there is nothing more said about it.

They said they thought it was the pump in the dishwasher and messed around for a couple of hours.  Last I heard them say was they were going to leave so he could cook and come back later.

I was surprised they didn't give him someone to help him clean the galley so he had time to prepare.  I think they will make this work once he actually has time to cook.

• Like 3