Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, dani negreanu said:

Our only options of direct flights to the East coast are NY, Atlanta and Miami. I don't want to connect through Europe end of January, when the weather is iffy. We always prefer direct flights, even if it means staying in Miami for a couple of days, and then commuting to PC.

Dani, I only lurk in here but have been on CC for years now, mostly hanging in the Bella thread. If you guys decided to fly into Atlanta, Ken and I drive right thru Atlanta on our way down to Orlando.  You are more than welcome to hitch a ride with us, as we are also booked on Bella 2.0.  🙂. We could pick you up at the airport.  Our SUV can hold 4 adults, 4 large and 4 small pieces of luggage comfortably.  We will be retired then so can be flexible about when we drive down.  Just wanted to toss that option out, and if you seriously consider it, I can share my email here or the Bella thread. 🙂

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, derorim said:

My knee is much better, thanks.  I had to cancel my ortho appointment, though... both Andy and I brought home the souvenir nobody wants.... we have covid.

So glad your knee is better.

Covid 😢  -- it seems unavoidable... Been there, done that. I hope you get the milder version, and it will be just a bust to your natural immunity.

3 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Dani, I only lurk in here ... Just wanted to toss that option out, and if you seriously consider it, I can share my email here or the Bella thread. 🙂

Wow, I "know" you as the "bean counter" who works long hours from Bella's thread 😊.

Thank you so much for coming out of your lurking and dropping by just to offer us this very generous option. I really appreciate it 🙏.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, I "know" you as the "bean counter" who works long hours from Bella's thread 😊.

Thank you so much for coming out of your lurking and dropping by just to offer us this very generous option. I really appreciate it 🙏.

Just drop a line in the Bella thread if you find yourselves choosing Atlanta, and we can connect. It’s our pleasure.

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yeah location on 6 looked too good to pass up.  That close to Schooner could be dangerous!  we are used to mostly voyager class JS/GS which had usually been deck 9/10 for us.  OVB on Wonder opened up a whole new world of decisions!

YAY!    See you there in 600+ days🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, derorim said:

My knee is much better, thanks.  I had to cancel my ortho appointment, though... both Andy and I brought home the souvenir nobody wants.... we have covid.

Happy to hear your knee feels much better.   Sorry to hear you brought home bad souvenirs.   Hopefully mild and a quick recovery for both you and Andy.💐

• Thanks 1

Oh gee...I read on FB Oasis that 2 people came home with covid, and other family members haven't tested positive.  Carol and I have colds (I think).  I hope you and Andy have a very mild case of it.

After arriving home, we found out that one of the guys from our community had to be air-lifted to Bradenton with the flesh-eating (virus?) whatever it is called.  We're all praying that he will be okay. 😔🙏

• Like 2

I came home from Odyssey with the same souvenir.

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

After arriving home, we found out that one of the guys from our community had to be air-lifted to Bradenton with the flesh-eating (virus?) whatever it is called.  We're all praying that he will be okay. 😔🙏

Necrotizing fasciitis, most commonly cause by group A Streptococcus... a bacteria. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only a little over 12 hours and our rock and romance cruise will be over , will post some pictures later will head to Ft Myer to visit family after we get off. Glad we have this booked for next year, the 60’s cruise starts tomorrow and many are doing back to back.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, derorim said:

59 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh gee...I read on FB Oasis that 2 people came home with covid, and other family members haven't tested positive.  Carol and I have colds (I think).  I hope you and Andy have a very mild case of it.

Hope you both are feeling better soon.  So far we are both OK here, a few good nights sleep do wonders.  Did see on FB a few others brought that "C" souvenir home as well as various other head and GI things.  Hoping we are good, was already at book club this week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Weather stuff is just getting stupid around here !!!

https://www.foxweather.com/extreme-weather/tornado-damage-los-angeles-california

Everything ok where you are @taznremmy

Things are great here Dave!  I’m still on the Oasis 😹😹.  

Hopefully things are OK at home.  Haven’t heard from my neighbors.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you and Carol don’t get it.  But so far I feel like I just have a cold.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.  That’s scary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Hope you both are feeling better soon.  So far we are both OK here, a few good nights sleep do wonders.  Did see on FB a few others brought that "C" souvenir home as well as various other head and GI things.  Hoping we are good, was already at book club this week.

Thanks April.  I'm glad to hear that you're both okay.  I'll take covid test tomorrow, just to make sure it's just a cold before I venture out anywhere tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Another good tribal. I wish she had played the fake idol though. It would have been fun to see the reaction. 

That would have been fun to see!  Especially since she was laughing at Carolyn during Tribal.