Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@LuckynanaDS is 12 months into a 2 year Canadian visa.  He is currently on a extended vacation with the group of Canadian friends he made whilst working over summer.  Halifax is one of their stops on their holiday.8435F4F5-124D-43A4-B408-29777E051E23.thumb.jpeg.4087abc97b173e53cbf011b8d2e36d3c.jpeg

044EEEC9-BD4F-4966-9BFF-5BC6504570FE.thumb.jpeg.dce02227b087f472509d7ab1bb0c88e2.jpeg

65246736-99C9-4701-B4F7-0193F1BD4DF8.thumb.jpeg.88471de27dcea504fe525107936ff6be.jpeg

E1556426-0117-4029-848E-09D9765876DA.thumb.jpeg.15f52cecbe712aa9e6a10b17e10b2d40.jpeg

Thank you, aussie!  Your son takes after you with his camera!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They said they would call back and update us.  After waiting another hour I called for the 3rd time.  This time a good representative helped us.  The manager from the Galveston warehouse is supposed to be bringing a charger and switching the controller to the left side.  We will see.  In the mean time we have been stuck in the room over 2 hours.  After we cruise away I may forget to say virgin when I get a Peach Daiquiri and a Miami Vice and a....... and a......!

I better not miss my 1st day ice cream cone!

I can't believe this is happening to you!  Since this was posted 2 hours ago, I surely hope this problem has been resolved for you, and that you can get out of your room and start enjoying your cruise!  And, your 1st day ice cream cone!

Bon Voyage!!!!!!  Have a wonderful cruise, John!🛳️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Snag 3.

Got to the room to find that Scootaround delivered the wrong wheelchair!  The tag on the wheelchair agrees with our confirmation but it is not the same one.  It is supposed to be a Whills model Ci with a control on the left side.  We got a Jazzy with control on the right hand and no charger.  We have waited now an hour for a call back. We confirmed a week ago they had the correct model Whills.  So aggravating. 

Ugghh!     That's frustrating.   I hope the correct model was delivered before your sail time.

• Like 1

@dani negreanu my Wife is doing fine now, Her Doctor gave her Paxlovid before we left for the cruise incase she got Covid on the Cruise. So as soon as we were confirmed positive she started taking the 5 days worth of pills. Worked perfectly for her.

My Doctor would not give me anything ahead of time, told me it was best I go to Medical on the ship. So All I was using is what medical gave me, which was a joke, cough drops. anti-acid pills and allergy pills.

When I got home my Doctor then prescribed Prednisone and Benzonatate for me, finally I'm starting to feel back to normal except my taste is a little off, hoping it's just the meds I'm on and not the Covid.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

@dani negreanu my Wife is doing fine now, Her Doctor gave her Paxlovid before we left for the cruise incase she got Covid on the Cruise. So as soon as we were confirmed positive she started taking the 5 days worth of pills. Worked perfectly for her.

My Doctor would not give me anything ahead of time, told me it was best I go to Medical on the ship. So All I was using is what medical gave me, which was a joke, cough drops. anti-acid pills and allergy pills.

When I got home my Doctor then prescribed Prednisone and Benzonatate for me, finally I'm starting to feel back to normal except my taste is a little off, hoping it's just the meds I'm on and not the Covid.

I suspect your wife would be doing fine even without the Paxlovid.... just my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I say go for it!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

After all of this have a daiquiri and ice cream cone for me, as well as you. It is deserved. 

Great idea.  So Sharon went to get them, handed her card over and the bartender said, your not diamond. 🤔 our cards did not say diamond! So off to the loyalty desk to get the cards fixed. In the meantime our cruise friends got us Daiquiris. 

20231002_175041.thumb.jpg.353f4229dfc9ac781476aa2e01059d91.jpg

Then we got this! 

image.thumb.png.1250b0eb94e6d7b823a34f8c6446d112.png

I was also able to catch a nice view.

image.thumb.png.5bbcbb7db0e416957c2422da96c2c608.png

BTW, I would of posted some of this earlier but I got locked out of the internet for awhile.   😆   This is reminding me of our Miami saga.  After so many things happen you just start to laugh at the next thing. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Glad your DW is fine and you are beginning to feel better, Jimbo!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect your wife would be doing fine even without the Paxlovid.... just my opinion.

She has immunodeficiencies,  it wasn't worth her testing whether or not it would be okay without Paxlovid. I'm super glad she had it. 🙂

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great idea.  So Sharon went to get them, handed her card over and the bartender said, your not diamond. 🤔 our cards did not say diamond! So off to the loyalty desk to get the cards fixed. In the meantime our cruise friends got us Daiquiris. 

Then we got this! 

BTW, I would of posted some of this earlier but I got locked out of the internet for awhile.   😆   This is reminding me of our Miami saga.  After so many things happen you just start to laugh at the next thing. 

I hope all goes well for the remainder of the cruise, John, Sharon, and friends!  Have some drinks, relax, and have lots of laughs while having a great time!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Then we got this! 

Great start to the week...😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Glad to hear thst the third call went better.  Hopefully they followed through and you are all set

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!     That's frustrating.   I hope the correct model was delivered before your sail time.

They never made it.   And we waited in our room until sail away.  ️ So is life.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

She has immunodeficiencies,  it wasn't worth her testing whether or not it would be okay without Paxlovid. I'm super glad she had it. 🙂

In that case I probably would have prescribed it too. I'm just not convinced it is all that effective. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In that case I probably would have prescribed it too. I'm just not convinced it is all that effective. 

Worked great for her, could tell her getting better after the 2nd days dose. It was amazing. After the 3rd days dose wasn't even sure she wanted to take day 4  and 5 but I assisted she take them all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's unfortunate.  Yours can't be the only wheelchair they dropped off, wonder if guest services can help co ordinary sharing a charger with another guest.

Will you travel either your own chair for your next trip?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Worked great for her, could tell her getting better after the 2nd days dose. It was amazing. After the 3rd days dose wasn't even sure she wanted to take day 4  and 5 but I assisted she take them all.

Maybe it was the Paxlovid....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think there is a certain time, that they won't allow anyone from shore side on the ship no matter what the issue is. That time might have been up? before the control can be switched over.

You are missing the charger though so what do you intend to do when the current battery runs out?

• Like 1

Glad @Jimbo you and your wife are feeling better. We survived the same cruise without incident.

I have only had Covid once, about 9 mos. ago.  I only took the test because my daughter-in-law was pregnant. It was a mild case to the extent I was able to continue my daily run and I just stayed away from everyone until negative. I took no medication, but I have no health issues (knock, knock, knock on wood).

Best to all.

PS We have the Carnival Venezia scheduled for February as I have mentioned before. Will try to squeeze in a cruise if we can before then.

Best to all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Glad your wife is feeling better.  Pax seemed to work wonders for my (unvaccinated) brother as well.  First full day he was in bed thinking he was gonna die.  Within 12 hours of taking it, he was up and around and feeling like he just had a pretty bad flu.  Within 24 hours, he felt pretty much back to normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is reminding me of our Miami saga.  After so many things happen you just start to laugh at the next thing. 

Sounds like our saga on Harmony a few years ago, when they didn’t even have me listed in the cabin with Susan.  I was at guest services 2 or 3 times a day during the cruise trying to get things straightened out.

Hang in there and keep that sense of humor about everything. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Will you travel either your own chair for your next trip?

I have thought about it.  Not sure I want to fly with it.  I have heard to many talk about damage done to there wheelchair.   Miami is a long drive.  Right now it is a slim chance. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You are missing the charger though so what do you intend to do when the current battery runs out?

RC has made it to the room with a charger that is not made for this wheelchair but may work.  We will see.  

At the worse the Rollator  converts to a transport chair.  The problem with that is someone has to push it.  It will work out.  We are pretty much over it now.  Not going to let it ruin the cruise. 

• Like 18