Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It was such a dump before. Now it's a place you won't mind getting stranded in, heck, even hang out in. 

However, the never-ending road work makes dropping off & picking up people a nightmare.  Something I do too much of. 

One of the things I hated about old LGA is you couldn’t order food or more importantly drinks you needed to go thru a online thing with your credit card , now lots of nice bars and you actually order your food and drinks with a real person and you have the option to use cash , which wasn’t a option before . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Mets fired Showalter.If they tradevAlonso I will no longer root for the team that I have been rooting for since 1962.

I think the players are glad he was sent packing. Don't think none of his players liked him. They should have a much better record next year no matter who coaches them.

He is the kind of coach who thinks he is bigger then his players. Not a great way to relate to his players with today's sport athletes.

I hope he doesn't even get back on Tv for at least 2 or 3 years from now. Don't want to see him next year at all.

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think the players are glad he was sent packing. Don't think none of his players liked him. They should have a much better record next year no matter who coaches them.

He is the kind of coach he think she is bigger then his players. Not a great way to relate to his players in today's sport athletes.

I hope he doesn't even get back on Tv for at least 2 or 3 years from now. Don't want to see him next year at all.

I think Showalter did a better job with the roster that he had than Yankees Boone , would love to see both Boone and Cashman fired .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, George C said:

I think Showalter did a better job with the roster that he had than Yankees Boone , would love to see both Boone and Cashman fired .

I think the Yanks pretty much threw in the Towel with Aaron Judge only playing 106 games and Rondon being a huge bust and to think the Phillies wanted him. Glad we didn't get him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

Had slight hangover this morning we were listening to music at our favorite restaurant for four hours , started with a couple of old fashions then splurged a little on wine with a bottle of Jordan Cabernet then a couple of Irish coffees then a Hennessy. 
    Extremely happy with Buffalo Bills big win over miami. 

“Slight”??? 🙀😹😹

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We made it to Galveston and checked into Habor House.  We like it.

20231001_135226.thumb.jpg.48c5a8b7136947fc925b69b16822eb28.jpg

It is at Pier 21.

IMG_1122.thumb.jpg.dc7ab5ddd0298221331f002d4fe185b6.jpg

We are about a 5 minute drive from where RC boards.  We could see Allure from our room. 

20231001_135007.thumb.jpg.50f8d3382555bde95dae551921c68e0f.jpg

And a pic of Harbour House this evening. 

image.thumb.png.ac00983b4a9c351d26247c8853eb0d1e.png

Make sure to eat at Willie G’s! Have a great cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The setting for the wedding reception last night at a winery 

IMG_4191.thumb.jpeg.1c8c3b91c4f62027d42b4c7194c00695.jpeg

It rained on and off all day and even during their 6:00PM wedding and ended up with this sunset

IMG_4186.thumb.jpeg.65d2b9b27d0463bbed049e13fdd272c6.jpeg

IMG_4192.thumb.jpeg.15888de80b46e6f0a8d309722d703d66.jpeg

IMG_4205.thumb.jpeg.d0e2a2e3960b7db825cd23bb4dabbf7e.jpeg

Pretty! Which winery? 

• Like 1

We have had a couple of challenges on this trip.  We stayed at the Marriott last night before flying out.  We had booked the correct hotel but wrong location.   We spent an hour on the phone with Chase  getting it all corrected. Hard understanding their accents.  Sad thing is Marriott did not have a problem correcting it from the beginning. 

Today we checked my rollator in at the gate like we did last time flying.  This time they said when we get to Houston we will have to pick up the rollator at luggage pickup and not the gate.  When we arrived in Houston we wanted to make sure we were correctly informed so we asked a stewardess and the guy that loads stuff at the gate and both said we will get it at luggage pick-up.   After waiting and hour at luggage pick-up they brought it down to us.  It sounded like we could of got it at the gate.

I will feel better when we are sailing away tomorrow.  Let's hope tomorrow goes smoothly. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

He is the kind of coach who thinks he is bigger then his players. Not a great way to relate to his players with today's sport athletes.

I never liked him prior to being Mets Manager but in my opinion he was very good.Many of the players on the team would not have the opportunities that he gave them such as Stewart,Ortega,Butto.

I believe that the Astros will hire him as Manager if Baker retires.

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It was such a dump before. Now it's a place you won't mind getting stranded in, heck, even hang out in. 

However, the never-ending road work makes dropping off & picking up people a nightmare.  Something I do too much of. 

People in my part of NY do not fly out of LGA or JFK when flying to Fla .

They leave from MacArthur airport in LI.Less congestion and easier to get to.

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have had a couple of challenges on this trip.  We stayed at the Marriott last night before flying out.  We had booked the correct hotel but wrong location.   We spent an hour on the phone with Chase  getting it all corrected. Hard understanding their accents.  Sad thing is Marriott did not have a problem correcting it from the beginning. 

Today we checked my rollator in at the gate like we did last time flying.  This time they said when we get to Houston we will have to pick up the rollator at luggage pickup and not the gate.  When we arrived in Houston we wanted to make sure we were correctly informed so we asked a stewardess and the guy that loads stuff at the gate and both said we will get it at luggage pick-up.   After waiting and hour at luggage pick-up they brought it down to us.  It sounded like we could of got it at the gate.

I will feel better when we are sailing away tomorrow.  Let's hope tomorrow goes smoothly. 

Enjoy your cruise

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We all wish you a very smooth sailing tommorw. Please update us on your journey.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We made it to Galveston and checked into Habor House.  We like it.

20231001_135226.thumb.jpg.48c5a8b7136947fc925b69b16822eb28.jpg

It is at Pier 21.

IMG_1122.thumb.jpg.dc7ab5ddd0298221331f002d4fe185b6.jpg

We are about a 5 minute drive from where RC boards.  We could see Allure from our room. 

20231001_135007.thumb.jpg.50f8d3382555bde95dae551921c68e0f.jpg

And a pic of Harbour House this evening. 

image.thumb.png.ac00983b4a9c351d26247c8853eb0d1e.png

My favorite place to stay before a cruise.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Patti, it was at the Paradise Ridge Winery in Santa Rosa.  This was what we had to cross to get there.

IMG_4078.thumb.jpeg.c2534f9214fcca3f54c905b1e23c35b7.jpeg

IMG_4086.thumb.jpeg.150913b2484f5771ef35203bb721f61d.jpeg

Thank you, Helen!  It is a beautiful winery and it always so cool to go across the GG Bridge. We were going over to see Phantom of the Opera one year, went over the bridge to brunch, and one of the Blue Angels was hovering right next to the span. It gave us pleasant shivers. 😊 They were also knife edging through the building's downtown that year. Fun Memory!

• Like 5

On 9/30/2023 at 8:27 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

As far as wearing a dress when traveling, that's a hard no, considering the thigh chafing that would occur... especially in hot weather.

You can get anti chafing shorts/underwear to wear under dresses that I'm interested in, anyone tried them ?

https://www.thebigbloomerscompany.co.uk/collections/anti-chafing-knickers

• Like 1