Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just the one side and I can chew on both. That said, when having food in my mouth and making complicated “shewing moves” can hurt. 

I'm so sorry that you are still dealing with this pain, Andrew.  Is it this Tuesday that you go back to the dentist?

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’ll have to look into the cost.  I have a cruise that we booked bare bones so I know I’ll be buying at least the basic internet package so I can get Messenger updates from our pet sitter.  But otherwise, hard as it is to believe, I can skip reading Cruise Critic for a week…😜

😁

On some future bookings the upgrade sale was as low as $2.99 pp pd if one already had the included wifi. It started from $6.99, then went to $3.99 for a long time and then to $2.99. I jumped on it. For two others we booked bare bones so waiting for the Black Friday sale (if any) since those two cruises are next year.

I hope to see you on the Equinox or another ship some day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just the one side and I can chew on both. That said, when having food in my mouth and making complicated “shewing moves” can hurt. 

Well, I'll just throw out that I once had a patient that had one sided TMJ pain that ended up being Lyme disease. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so sorry that you are still dealing with this pain, Andrew.  Is it this Tuesday that you go back to the dentist?

Tuesday is the TMJ clinic. 

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I'll just throw out that I once had a patient that had one sided TMJ pain that ended up being Lyme disease. I'll leave it at that.

Thankfully, I’ve never been bitten by any ticks or nor shown any symptoms of Lyme disease. It’s not to say that it couldn’t be a possibility.  I’ll keep that in the back on my mind, for just in case purposes.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Had slight hangover this morning we were listening to music at our favorite restaurant for four hours , started with a couple of old fashions then splurged a little on wine with a bottle of Jordan Cabernet then a couple of Irish coffees then a Hennessy. 
    Extremely happy with Buffalo Bills big win over miami. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

For two others we booked bare bones so waiting for the Black Friday sale (if any) since those two cruises are next year.

I hope to see you on the Equinox or another ship some day!

I’m also waiting…hoping for a sale.  Our next cruises are Apex, Equinox, Reflection and Beyond.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where do you get the Q70 bus? Also, going from the city to JFK at which stop do you get off the E train to get the bus over to the airport? Thanks.

Logan makes it pretty simple to get into Boston as does Heathrow with London.

People are making wagers tonight re the amount of times your BFF will be on screen during the Chiefs-Jets game.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m also waiting…hoping for a sale.  Our next cruises are Apex, Equinox, Reflection and Beyond.

We have a grand suite on harmony after thanksgiving, then in March we have our normal royal suite for our 70s rock and romance music charter on summit. The rccl cruise will be our 20th rccl cruise.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tuesday is the TMJ clinic. 

I’ll keep that in the back on my mind, for just in case purposes. 

I know this is not what your pain is from but I had stage 4 cancer on my trigeminal nerve.  This is extremely rare. It’s not really even in literature. The pain from that nerve is some of the worst pain possible, right up there with kidney stones and childbirth.  My point in sharing is explore all avenues needed to get the relief you deserve. Mine actually started with numbness, then pain.  Despite an MRI it was missed for 9 months.I wasn’t a good advocate for myself despite being a medical professional. I’m almost 2 years post treatment.  Full remission with immunotherapy which is a miracle. I read about all the TMJ treatments before my diagnosis.  There are things to try if this doesn’t work.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I didn’t use to save the cruise cards.  I know we sailed Royal enough to become Diamond and then they shifted the loyalty perks to our detriment…boo hiss.  But they sent a letter explaining reciprocity with Celebrity so we switched over in 2009.  After that we’ve only been on Oasis and Freedom on Royal.  (Shhh.  DH doesn’t know about Bella 2.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great job on the cake!!  Your granddaughter is adorable!

It did finally clear up late in the afternoon, sun didn't stay out for too long.  

I felt badly for our grandson and his Marching Band yesterday.  They had to be at the football field at 8:00 am to practice for the High School Marching Band competition to be held later in the day.  They practiced in the rain for 2 hours, then went into the school to change into their Band outfits and head to their HS football game at another high school not far from them for a 12:00 game.  Of course, it was still raining.  They then had a break for lunch, and traveled a half-hour to where the Competition was held.  He got home around 8:00 pm.

It is beautiful here today.  Loving the sunshine!!!

I've been seeing the advertisements for the LBI Chowderfest, but I'm not too crazy about crowds.  How bad does it get there?  Are you going?

It gets crazy busy on the island this weekend.   We still have tenants in our house until the end of October.   

We haven't gone to Chowderfest for a couple of years.   I enjoy all the end of season sales the stores have.  Maybe next year we will give a try again.   Will depend if we have renters or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just finished our first week in our tiny apartment by the grands.  DH and I loved our time.  It was so great to see them and spend time and then retreat to our own quiet space.  I set up the apartment and did some babysitting, a birthday party, a night with my daughters, lunch with one daughter, and today a pizza lunch at the apartment to show the grands where we’ll be. Driving home now and exhausted but a good kind. We are blessed. I now will have 4 days to get ready for our Panama Canal cruise. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great job on the cake!!  Your granddaughter is adorable!

It did finally clear up late in the afternoon, sun didn't stay out for too long.  

I felt badly for our grandson and his Marching Band yesterday.  They had to be at the football field at 8:00 am to practice for the High School Marching Band competition to be held later in the day.  They practiced in the rain for 2 hours, then went into the school to change into their Band outfits and head to their HS football game at another high school not far from them for a 12:00 game.  Of course, it was still raining.  They then had a break for lunch, and traveled a half-hour to where the Competition was held.  He got home around 8:00 pm.

It is beautiful here today.  Loving the sunshine!!!

I've been seeing the advertisements for the LBI Chowderfest, but I'm not too crazy about crowds.  How bad does it get there?  Are you going?

How did your Grandsons  Band do in the competition?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Huge win, although potentially a very expensive win.  Preliminary reports are that Tre White is out with an Achilles injury.  Could be season ending.    

But we should get Von Miller back very soon, our cat joebob normally sits between me and my wife while we watch tv but the big exception is football game’s apparently we make way too much noise so he sleeps in bedroom closet .

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan had bought a few decorations and a topper for the cake, so our granddaughter went to work at finishing icing and decorating.  This was her finished cake.  

IMG_9088.thumb.jpeg.5586a31ba1cb01969ed0acaca363f652.jpeg

She had a lot of fun, and the cake tasted pretty good.  If anyone wants a piece, stop by.  There is some left. 

That’s so neat, @h20skibum. The wedding cake looks great.  She’s got real talent.

Yesterday, we went to a wedding also.  This was their wedding cake.  Pretty similar to your granddaughter’s.  One day, she will make one just like this.

IMG_4122.thumb.jpeg.96b33c309303273ea851ae706068cb91.jpeg

27 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We just finished our first week in our tiny apartment by the grands.  DH and I loved our time.  It was so great to see them and spend time and then retreat to our own quiet space.  I set up the apartment and did some babysitting, a birthday party, a night with my daughters, lunch with one daughter, and today a pizza lunch at the apartment to show the grands where we’ll be. Driving home now and exhausted but a good kind. We are blessed. I now will have 4 days to get ready for our Panama Canal cruise. 

We will be on this cruise also.  Hope to meet you at Sail Away.  I will have red sunglasses on so hopefully I should be easy to spot.

• Like 14

So this afternoon I am at my cousin's house. He lives in Jamestown RI which is an island sitting in Narragansett Bay which is a body of water that divides most of RI into east and west.

20231001_180007.thumb.jpg.0dec90a456e70ebd44155f154af74e47.jpg

20231001_180018.thumb.jpg.f309a327b89db4d3a705a90ed589b8d1.jpg

Yes, we have a lot of water around here.

• Like 24

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We'll be at the same concert.  Flying into LGA.  It's been a few years since I've been to that airport and I'm interested in seeing the improvements that have been made.  Supposed to be much nicer now, but that bar was pretty low before.

10 hours ago, George C said:

I hated LGA for years , was shocked on how nice it currently is . 

It was such a dump before. Now it's a place you won't mind getting stranded in, heck, even hang out in. 

However, the never-ending road work makes dropping off & picking up people a nightmare.  Something I do too much of. 

• Like 6