Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 11/1/2023 at 12:03 PM, A&L_Ont said:

IMG_2265.thumb.jpeg.efe3a35267333856ad51dc6a46994b86.jpeg

I would love to see this from INSIDE our house. Beautiful photo. 🥶

On 11/2/2023 at 12:28 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!

It is here and I love it.  It already shows I have rode it over 6 miles.  What is real nice is that I can ride it to the garden. 

The only trouble I am having now is finding a carrier to haul it around.   The one we tried this week is not working.   The wheelchair is 430 lb and many carriers have a 350 lb limit.

image.thumb.png.0b9948bffcf6e89b72105c047877cc7c.png

That looks really cool. Did you ask the company that makes them for any recommendations for a carrier?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 12:30 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!   Do you want to come to Bucks County, PA mid December and decorate our tree?

I thought you lived more west in PA. We lived in Hatfield for a few years after we moved from Key West. 😲 Home of the Happy Porker and Penn reels.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

Busy day for us.  Our grandson’s team had their championship game today.  It was a low scoring game, and the two teams were tied at the end of regulation.  Overtime, and their opponent had first possession.  Grandson tossed the winning TD pass on their first OT possession, and they came away with their championship win.   

Susan and I came home, and did our good deed for the day.   Yesterday, while I cleaned up leaves and mowed our yard, she took our walking blower to our 93yo neighbor’s house and blew his leaves all in piles.  So, after the game, we both went over and disposed of all his leaves and I mowed his grass for him.

Now to get cleaned up and dinner out.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Surgery went well . I now have matching metal. In a room now. Weird in recovery as I had a spinal block and Propofal and I could not move my legs or wiggle my toes. Finally wore off and I’m starting to feel them. All is good but starting to feel some pain. Bring on the pain meds.

IMG_3691.thumb.jpeg.98f07953bee59376961e292e727b452f.jpeg

Glad to hear everything went well. What did they put on your head or is that on the curtain?

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear everything went well. What did they put on your head or is that on the curtain?

I think is a knob from the cabinet behind me. It does like I have some of Frankenstein terminal on my head.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I thought you lived more west in PA. We lived in Hatfield for a few years after we moved from Key West. 😲 Home of the Happy Porker and Penn reels.

You might be thinking of Mark and Susan @h20skibum.   Hatfield is about 30 to 45 minutes from me.   Good old Hatfield scrapple.  Yummy.   I'm close to New Hope.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Busy day for us.  Our grandson’s team had their championship game today.  It was a low scoring game, and the two teams were tied at the end of regulation.  Overtime, and their opponent had first possession.  Grandson tossed the winning TD pass on their first OT possession, and they came away with their championship win.   

Susan and I came home, and did our good deed for the day.   Yesterday, while I cleaned up leaves and mowed our yard, she took our walking blower to our 93yo neighbor’s house and blew his leaves all in piles.  So, after the game, we both went over and disposed of all his leaves and I mowed his grass for him.

Now to get cleaned up and dinner out.

We just finished leaves at our neighbors too.  She takes such good care of our cats when we are away.   

I've been battling a sinus infection this week and Augmentin has been bothering my stomach.  I think tonight will be soup and sandwiches.  Eric loves tomato soup and grilled cheese on chilly days.   Although today isn't too bad.  It's 58f right now.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

The wedding was perfect.  Even with the proverbial glitches.  I cried, I laughed, I danced and lost most of my voice.  I am so happy for my son and his beautiful bride.  I lost my phone for awhile so I will have to wait for the best pictures but I did manage to snap this one.

Resized_20231103_164049.thumb.jpeg.b51c10381a7706c1e7f3d5f502e3e8a1.jpeg

Lovely photo of your son and his new bride.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just finished leaves at our neighbors too.  She takes such good care of our cats when we are away.   

I've been battling a sinus infection this week and Augmentin has been bothering my stomach.  I think tonight will be soup and sandwiches.  Eric loves tomato soup and grilled cheese on chilly days.   Although today isn't too bad.  It's 58f right now.

Take the Augmentin with food, it will be less irritating. Grilled cheese with tomato soup is a favorite here, too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I would love to see this from INSIDE our house. Beautiful photo. 🥶

That looks really cool. Did you ask the company that makes them for any recommendations for a carrier?

Yes, Sharon contacted them when we could not figure out the one our cruise friends gave us.  (Who you will meet on Icon.)  They suggested having the ramp modified on a manual,  showed us an electrical one that can handle the weight but was almost $3,000, and getting an accessible van.  Now that we have this one figured out for use around town we will go with what we have.

The company also suggested not to fly with it.  They said most of the damage they see is from loading them on planes.  I am currently leaning toward renting a Whills wheelchair on Icon now that our TA got us moved to an accessible room!  This is the 1st cruise that I have been getting excited about this far out.  Looking forward to meeting you and others on the Icon!

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Take the Augmentin with food, it will be less irritating. Grilled cheese with tomato soup is a favorite here, too.

Yes, I take with breakfast and dinner.  I started taking with Greek yogurt this morning with small Hershey bar to help the gut.  So far I'm not in the bathroom as much as I was the last 2 days at work.  Thank you😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

chilly days.   Although today isn't too bad.  It's 58f right now.

58f here too but it does feel like a "chilly 58f", if that makes sense, much cooler than the temperature would indicate. No wind but no sun either, it's been a very gray day.

Finished round #3 of leaf removal.  About 2/3rds of the leaves are now down so I'll probably be blowing leaves at least 2 more times, until at least Thanksgiving.  I have 4 Red Japaneses Maple trees of various heights that hang onto most of their leaves until Christmas time. Lot of fun trying to rake/blow the leaves when they are frozen to the ground or mixed in with snow.

• Like 3

We just tried a new seafood restaurant, really nice , started with a dozen oysters, then I had gumbo then a very nice lobster roll, wife had the trout, we washed it down with a bottle of Mer Soleil Chardonnay, I am sure Ocean Boy has better seafood restaurants but this was excellent for Dallas , we will be back.

• Like 6

IMG_3704.thumb.jpeg.4b57f60acea3c8b642f69f522406ab5e.jpeg

Football kinda day. Had a good PT session walked, rom tech bike. Stairs and bending got up to 77 degrees. I was really sore afterwards and in some good pain. Took pain meds and watched Mizzou. What a heartbreaker. I did sleep on and off but saw the main plays. Now watching KU and going to have a light dinner before another walk this evening. Couldn’t be happier with the staff here at KC Orthopedic Alliance.

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Football kinda day. Had a good PT session walked, rom tech bike. Stairs and bending got up to 77 degrees. I was really sore afterwards and in some good pain. Took pain meds and watched Mizzou. What a heartbreaker. I did sleep on and off but saw the main plays. Now watching KU and going to have a light dinner before another walk this evening. Couldn’t be happier with the staff here at KC Orthopedic Alliance.

We will be routing for your Chiefs to beat the fish , hopefully cowgirls will loss and Bills should win but really good matchups.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Two great powers laid up with knee surgeries

Watching Bama and the Tigers(100,000 people in the stands in Alabama) here which both could probably beat 4 or 5 NFL teams easily. 

@Seadog and Zuckerberg

b718cc3175dcb1cbe9e45867f9139cb6

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 8