Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I absolutely love Dillard’s!  We don’t have them here in the Northeast, which is probably a good thing lol, but I always hit at least one when we’re in FL.  

Hi Deb,   Safe travels for your upcoming adventure.   I hope you and Andy have good weather and lots of fun.   😊

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Here in PA..I believe I have now had enough snow....

Same here.    At least we only had about 4 inches today but tired of shoveling.

All mailboxes will be safe today!

I'm staying home today and doing some cleaning and going to make a pot of meatballs and sausage with the last of my sauce from last summer's tomatoes.  

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

Oh no.  I hope this is just a quick blip on the road to feeling great.  Take care and feel better soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

Wow 1200 ml is alot, good thing you went to the ER.    Sorry to hear you are having these difficulties. 

Please stay well hydrated.   You want to keep #2 working too.      

• Like 3

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow 1200 ml is alot, good thing you went to the ER.    Sorry to hear you are having these difficulties. 

Please stay well hydrated.   You want to keep #2 working too.      

Thanks Debbie. Yes that amount explains why I was in so much pain. Yes I plan on staying hydrated. 

• Like 2

So I’m having a little problem with something here onboard AOS. I have spoken to my stateroom attendant twice who in turn spoke to his supervisor (I was there for one of his calls so I know he made) and nothing was done. I went to guest services and requested this  line rectified and was assured some would head to my stateroom shortly. 3 hours later still no one had made it to my room so I went to guest services again last night at 1030. I was told some was on their way there now. Of course nobody showed up. 

Who do I escalate this to. I don’t want to be a jerk or an overly demanding passenger I  just need this resolved. 

Thoughts?

Heading to Giovanni’s for lunch. I’ll check back after. 

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

So I’m having a little problem with something here onboard AOS. I have spoken to my stateroom attendant twice who in turn spoke to his supervisor (I was there for one of his calls so I know he made) and nothing was done. I went to guest services and requested this  line rectified and was assured some would head to my stateroom shortly. 3 hours later still no one had made it to my room so I went to guest services again last night at 1030. I was told some was on their way there now. Of course nobody showed up. 

Who do I escalate this to. I don’t want to be a jerk or an overly demanding passenger I  just need this resolved. 

Thoughts?

Just a thought but you could try to go through the diamond concierge or suite concierge - can’t remember if your in a suite in this one.  Or at least have them recommend who you should go to next to escalate the issue.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm staying home today and doing some cleaning and going to make a pot of meatballs and sausage with the last of my sauce from last summer's tomatoes.  

About the same here in Pittsburgh.  it was about 4-5 inches.  mostly  fell before midnight last night.  Much of it already melted off my driveway from the sunshine before I went out to shovel.  That was nice!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thoughts?

Maybe at stop at the Loyalty Ambassador's desk or the Diamond Concierge can assist.   Sorry to hear you are having troubles.   Hopefully it gets resolved soon and you enjoy a stree free cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks Maryann.  We’ve been to the M’ville in Hollywood Beach a few times and the one in Orlando twice.  Great stays every time.  

I didn't realize there were two others!  Carol and Andy went to the one in Ft. Myers Beach.😊

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I didn't want to say it when I asked "the question" a couple of days ago.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love meatballs. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thoughts?

What is the problem?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

we only had about 4 inches today

About 9 in my driveway. Happens all the time due to there being nothing to break the wind. We're on top of a hill out in the country and so frequent drifts and larger accumulations. There can be 6 inches on the road and 3 feet in my driveway depending on the wind. Shovel it off and sometimes it drifts back in again overnight. This stuff was pretty light so I could shovel it. Last time needed to snowblow. Should be a lovely spring with having had some snow cover on the flowerbeds for slow-release moisture.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Welcome to winter in Southern New England. Last Saturday at this time I was in Odyssey's solarium....

20240217_115429.thumb.jpg.4b71b1a42b97082cd5264e00dcc66bd7.jpg

20240217_121448.thumb.jpg.55c22df522a91563b9ecff8d0dba20ae.jpg

20240217_122351.thumb.jpg.71db6522da8e78e80297226cb0bbd379.jpg

20240217_124445.thumb.jpg.40740a396d305e512df7f67a73b20943.jpg

The gates that lead to paradise 

20240217_123455.thumb.jpg.c37d8c2e0435338123130720e9b663a0.jpg

Paradise found

20240217_124459.thumb.jpg.cd2193e5ec95bdc00bcd4aaf99da7fcd.jpg

Goodness...your house???  Wow....

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My "dear friend's" house.

Ahh....nice to have such a friend!!  How about some inside pics?  🤔  Wait a second...looks very much like Taylor Swift's "High Watch" estate....

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Ahh....nice to have such a friend!!  How about some inside pics?  🤔

Since the owner of the house has found her football boy toy my invitations seem to have dried up. Once she has cause to write a song about him I expect that I'll be back with the in crowd and I'll get some pictures.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once she has cause to write a song about him

OK...confirming my suspicions of who owns it! You're pulling my leg on the "invitations" though 😁   LOL on the "football boy toy". See how long it lasts. I've decided to not watch the KC Chiefs anymore. Tired of them, and now even worse that the focus is on Swift.  Speaking of her, though, just came across this:  https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/02/18/teen-girl-dies-in-horror-crash-on-drive-to-taylor-swift-concert/

Edited by OnTheJourney

16 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

OK...confirming my suspicions of who owns it! You're pulling my leg on the "invitations" though 😁   LOL on the "football boy toy". See how long it lasts. I've decided to not watch the KC Chiefs anymore. Tired of them, and now even worse that the focus is on Swift.  Speaking of her, though, just came across this:  https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/02/18/teen-girl-dies-in-horror-crash-on-drive-to-taylor-swift-concert/

That is so sad.

• Like 5

Just booked our favorite New York City hotel again for Memorial Day weekend 4 nights there the 3 in Buffalo area (East Aurora) . Have our rock and romance music cruise in less than 4 weeks, will most likely visit my sister and her family Labor Day . Then MSc yacht club cruise right after thanksgiving 😁😁. Need to prebook a play or two or maybe Carlyle room or 54 below . 

• Like 4