Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Flight had small delay but we will still get into New York early enough, most likely we will have dinner at Becco’s tonight on same block there is live music in two places, last year I asked how long will the music last was told 4 am which is closing time .

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We found baby bunnies in an empty flower pot on our porch in our old home. It was a huge ceramic pot with some soil in it and I found something moving so looked and found these bundles of joy. We just let them be. Since I have not been a bunny mom before, I did not know if I should give them water or milk or food. The Mama bunny visited but hey were alone most of the time. Most of the day they were sleeping. then they started climbing out of the pot, but in the evening they were all back in and fast asleep. All left after a few days of giving me joy watching them. I was kind of sad when they left for good. We did not know what or if to feed them. I called our local animal hotline to ask and they said to not feed them as it would attract other things and not be in rhyme with their rehab into the wild(?).

Following year some other bunny family came back into the same flower pot. When we moved, the pot had to be emptied of soil, cleaned and given away 😌So no bunny nursery anymore.

The best thing to do for baby animals is to let them be.  Deer and bunnies the mothers only come by to feed them so as to not draw predators.  If the babies can't be reunited for instance if the mother has been killed then keep the babies in a warm quite area and contact a rehab facility.  Feed a baby the wrong formula can make them very ill.  If there is no rehab facility then email or call  Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge in Navarre Florida and explain what has happened and ask for advice.  Most of our babies are kidnapping victims by well meaning people.  However, if you find a oppossum under 5" in length they need help. They are not old enough to be on their own and mom won't come back for them.  Baby squirrels and baby birds that fall out of a nest and look uninjured can be reunited with mom by making a nest out of a box and some dry leaves or grass and placing up in a tree close to where they fell.  Keep an eye out and if not reunited in a day then go to plan B.

P.s. you did the exactly right thing.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Flight had small delay but we will still get into New York early enough, most likely we will have dinner at Becco’s tonight on same block there is live music in two places, last year I asked how long will the music last was told 4 am which is closing time .

Hope you post some pictures George.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder if anyone in the cast had a change of heart after watching the entire show ?

I disagree with the reason why those that voted for Kenzie gave her the million. IMO, based on that voting Ben should have been awarded the million for flying under the radar and doing nothing for 25 days. Charlie, well the look tells that story. Moving on. Looking forward to #4several. I'd like to see the game change big time. Survivor is getting way to scripted and way to soft for the players. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your help . I texted her the wildlife agency name and location. 

There are five bunnies and my SIL is a kind person and will try very hard to save these bunnies. 

IMG_3900.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Got home from our weekly trivia contest last night (we won 😁) and decided that I'd better watch the Survival final before going to bed.  Otherwise, I'd need to avoid this place (even though everyone is doing a good job of not giving away the results) and I'd still probably hear the results from somewhere else.  Too many people watch the show.  I was happy with the winner.  It's who I picked to win (along with the person who came in second) several weeks ago.

Q even messed up the jury question session. 🤣  I really don't think he knows what he does or says.

I didn't even like his question. I don't think what people plan to do with the winnings is anyone's business. It has nothing to do with how you played the game. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

The best thing to do for baby animals is to let them be.  Deer and bunnies the mothers only come by to feed them so as to not draw predators.  If the babies can't be reunited for instance if the mother has been killed then keep the babies in a warm quite area and contact a rehab facility.  Feed a baby the wrong formula can make them very ill.  If there is no rehab facility then email or call  Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge in Navarre Florida and explain what has happened and ask for advice.  Most of our babies are kidnapping victims by well meaning people.  However, if you find a oppossum under 5" in length they need help. They are not old enough to be on their own and mom won't come back for them.  Baby squirrels and baby birds that fall out of a nest and look uninjured can be reunited with mom by making a nest out of a box and some dry leaves or grass and placing up in a tree close to where they fell.  Keep an eye out and if not reunited in a day then go to plan B.

P.s. you did the exactly right thing.

I appreciate all you do for animals. So many times their misfortune can be traced back to a human encounter either directly or the result of a parent's encounter with a human.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I disagree with the reason why those that voted for Kenzie gave her the million. IMO, based on that voting Ben should have been awarded the million for flying under the radar and doing nothing for 25 days. Charlie, well the look tells that story. Moving on. Looking forward to #4several. I'd like to see the game change big time. Survivor is getting way to scripted and way to soft for the players. 

I like Maria even less after watching the finale. I suspect Charlie may no longer have much interest in being "Uncle Charlie" to her sons.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

There are five bunnies and my SIL is a kind person and will try very hard to save these bunnies. 

IMG_3900.jpeg

I can't get it to play on my phone and I am away from home so don't have access to my laptop.  If I can get a good picture I will contact my boss and get her opinion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

IMG_3900.jpeg

I spoke with my boss.  Have her look up animal health now dot org.  Put in her zip code and licensed rehabbers may show up.  Or call animal clinics in the area to see if they will help.  If none of this works let me know. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I spoke with my boss.  Have her look up animal health now dot org.  Put in her zip code and licensed rehabbers may show up.  Or call animal clinics in the area to see if they will help.  If none of this works let me know. 

Thank you so much .  Here is a pic taken in flower pot . In the box there is a bunny in upper right , lower right and behind the click circle. 

I will pass on your information to her . 

IMG_3902.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

The Mama bunny visited but hey were alone most of the time.

Mama bunny does not want to leave a scent that a fox or other predators could follow to the nest, so, yeah, they pretty much don't show up very often. Leave 'em be.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Thank you so much .  Here is a pic taken in flower pot . In the box there is a bunny in upper right , lower right and behind the click circle. 

I will pass on your information to her . 

IMG_3902.jpeg

As a last ditch effort have her search out how to feed baby rabbits and follow those instructions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good. I can't deal with the whining.

Did she really just say what I think I heard? She would have beat everyone?

I actually hit rewind.  Not sure why she thought that.  I guess Ben felt like that too.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Mama bunny does not want to leave a scent that a fox or other predators could follow to the nest, so, yeah, they pretty much don't show up very often. Leave 'em be.

So , here is the background info . The bunnies were found in a flower pot hanging from the outside rafters of my SIL house . The mama either had to climb up there or they were in the flower pot she bought at the plant nursery. 

I once bought a holiday flower pot arrangement from Costco only to discover months later that it was crawling with worms .  Moral is look for freeloaders when buying plants . 

These bunnies have no mama nearby and leave ‘em be well ….

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I actually hit rewind.  Not sure why she thought that.  I guess Ben felt like that too.

I think Venus also felt the same way.  It's probably just entitlement for that generation, but we only see what the producers decide to put into 90 minutes of show each week.  They will show us what they think will generate the most viewers, which may or may not accurately represent what really happened.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NHProud said:

I thought maybe it was Tremble Clefs 

No.This is sort of a karaoke sing .The words are on a screen and we sing.In addition before we begin singing ,in the intermission and after we finish we do Parkinsons exercises.

I also do Zoom Creative Writing 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Scripted in what sense ? 
I liked it better before they had fire making to determine who faces the jury.

What I do not like is Jeff talking during the challenges.

5 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Me neither. Never followed the show after maybe watching the first few episodes - which probably goes back quite a few years by now. Also, even though I'm a musician, I have absolutely no interest in shows like "The Voice", "American Idol", and such. Actually can't think of a single tv show I watch at all with any degree of regularity, except for old Star Trek TNG re-runs, Twilight Zone (though I know most of those by memory at this point), Perry Mason (not my thing but DW likes it as well as Carol Burnett). I'd much rather watch stuff on PBS - Nature, Nova, etc. We have one channel that basically features older movies from the 30s to the 80s so often watch those. We don't get cable, so it's all whatever we can pull in on digital TV through our roof antenna (old school here..)

My cousin Bob used to produce shows for Nova in Boston.

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think Venus also felt the same way.  It's probably just entitlement for that generation, but we only see what the producers decide to put into 90 minutes of show each week.  They will show us what they think will generate the most viewers, which may or may not accurately represent what really happened.  

Sharon was pointing out how Venus was not liking things.

I agree that the producers twist the show. 

• Like 1

Received my new iPad Pro last week.   Loving it.  Here's some fun I'm having with it. 

Here's Kenzie. 

IMG_5853.thumb.JPG.a50fb7003bbf1bcc58ee03454c7f9250.JPG

IMG_5850.thumb.JPG.b78fffa17b0672294653f8dc9aa2c392.JPG

IMG_5924.thumb.JPG.87a2c26a95ccf1cd59e4f70335f04a84.JPG

IMG_5903.thumb.JPG.a195d65494d224840457e33620dcd735.JPG

DS

IMG_5838.thumb.JPG.42433015711622be30cc004d37d4842e.JPG

IMG_5854.thumb.JPG.74470201599b16f5a77aa4f4f1ab4037.JPG

DB

IMG_5851.thumb.JPG.803ec3c26dac2b1f58a4d8c501383e8c.JPG

IMG_5855.thumb.JPG.b1faac9c40b7460a4720cb0faf17a339.JPG

IMG_5905.thumb.JPG.2eda1cd69871cdb6bbda422a68d5cb1c.JPG

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 28

20 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I stopped at a new garden center today to get my herb pots started.  I usually only grow basil and mint but in looking around, they had some nice chive plants so I’m going to give that a go also.  They also had a new (to me at least) variety of mint called Mojito Mint.  Since mojitos are primarily what I grow it for -sold!  
(…Dreaming of mojitos…)

As others have mentioned mint is very invasive, I have mine in its own planter and it comes back every year, it is currently big enough for many Mojitos.  

As far as chive same thing also comes back, but not invasive, the plant that I have is 20 years old, my now 26 year old daughter got it for me for mother's day at the school sale because it was a pretty purple flower, my favorite "flower" of all time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I can't get it to play on my phone and I am away from home so don't have access to my laptop.  If I can get a good picture I will contact my boss and get her opinion 

It won't play on my phone either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1