Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Few pictures from today's walk from the condo.

20240501_121414.jpg

20240501_121542.jpg

The near by Marina

20240501_121444.jpg

20240501_121606.jpg

Some of the homes on the shoreline

20240501_121613.jpg

20240501_121618.jpg

20240501_121732.jpg

Small boat

20240501_121900.jpg

Lighthouse on Oak Island

20240501_121928.jpg

20240501_122341.jpg

20240501_122743.jpg

Much larger vessel !! One might even call it a large Yacht. Probably 2 or 3 million $$$$

20240501_123854.jpg

Nice photos!  Weather looks great😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So we did get a Ricky update yesterday from his blood test.  Numbers were up over 30, so that was good.  

Now he gets his steroid dose cut in half, and he just has to finish antibiotics.  Then, another blood test next week to monitor how things are going.  

He does seem to be acting almost normal.  (Well, normal for him)

Excellent😻

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Today marks 43 years since my Dad died at the age of 61.  He was a Foreman working on the 2nd Avenue Subway project when he fell down 25 feet, head first.  He was a very healthy, strong man who never smoked in his life.  He remained in a coma for a week before finally passing, which was a Blessing, due to his extensive injuries.  

😪

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My granddaughter who is in college is going to Poland May 4 for a ten day trip with 19 other students and 3 Professors.She hopes to be able to make side trips to the city where my father grew up and to the city where my other grew up.

If she is going to Warsaw she should visit the Jewish cemetery.  It will make a lasting impression. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Today marks 43 years since my Dad died at the age of 61.  He was a Foreman working on the 2nd Avenue Subway project when he fell down 25 feet, head first.  He was a very healthy, strong man who never smoked in his life.  He remained in a coma for a week before finally passing, which was a Blessing, due to his extensive injuries.  

My wife found her dad dead in there living room when she was 13 years old , very sorry about your dad . I was extremely lucky both my parents lived to there 90’s .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So sorry to read this about your dad. 

• Thanks 1

That is so sad. Sorry.😔

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sad to hear this

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry Maryann what a tragedy. It’s so tough to lose our parents. The one thing I have learned is that there are days that you have a question that you would like to ask them as they are the only ones who know the answer and you can’t get your question answered. I wished I would have asked more questions of my parents.

Agree, I lost my mom almost 40 years ago, I wasn't old enough to think of asking many of the questions I should have.  Still miss her and think of her every day.  Had my dad for over 25 years after she passed, still not enough but did appreciate that time so much more.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Survivor.....

Knock me over with a feather with what Hunter did and didn't do last week.  I'll bet you can guess where my vote is going tonight. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, Susan and I had to split up.  She went to another of our granddaughter’s concerts, and I went to our grandson’s opening game for little league. 

He had a great night, and was starting pitcher for his team. It is always nice when they start out with a win.  Final score 12-2. 

IMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.3e69694554fb381bb08b10d5be0af1de.jpeg

Congratulations on his pitching last night, and on his team's first win of the Season.

Glad to hear Ricky is doing so well!

• Like 1

Liz's reaction was terrible. Venus's indifference was disgusting. If I were playing I'd keep Venus in the game. I don't think anyone would vote her a million.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What a tragic death, Maryann.  The anniversaries are always difficult but I hope the memories of him bring you comfort.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Who needs a little Lucy fix. This was her acting up about 30 minutes ago. Thankfully I still have all my fingers. 

Love this. What a great video.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry Maryann what a tragedy. It’s so tough to lose our parents. The one thing I have learned is that there are days that you have a question that you would like to ask them as they are the only ones who know the answer and you can’t get your question answered. I wished I would have asked more questions of my parents.

Thank you, Greg.  You are so right about questions we wish we could ask.  I think that may be one of the reasons that our daughters gifted both Jim and I with the subscription to our own Storyworth book with question suggestions that we could write about.  For example, "what was your mom like when you were a child?  What was your 21st birthday like?  etc.  I finally finished my book with 52 stories for our daughters and grandchildren to read.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana Maryann, I couldn't have said it better than Greg. However, I would like to add; May wonderful memories of your beloved dad constantly be with you.

Thank you so much, Bonnie.😘

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Greg.  You are so right about questions we wish we could ask.  I think that may be one of the reasons that our daughters gifted both Jim and I with the subscription to our own Storyworth book with question suggestions that we could write about.  For example, "what was your mom like when you were a child?  What was your 21st birthday like?  etc.  I finally finished my book with 52 stories for our daughters and grandchildren to read.

Thank you so much, Bonnie.😘

What a great idea. I am totally going to do this for Jonathan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your dad passed so early. What a shame.

Had my 1 month eye check up, all good. Home now and no judge judy, yes I still watch regular tv, dont stream. Taken over with protesters here, only 2 miles from where my eye doctor was. UTD Richardson. I went there for a few years at night after my MBA. No tents allowed. They moved here into dallas now. They say 19 arrests but the arrests in austin they didnt charge them, dismissed the charges. Meaningless. Dallas says putting them in jail overnight. Chained tires to trees. Not just tents. Blocking others. Can protest, but not sleep out there.

Thank you, Jane.

How great that all is good with your eye check up!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

😪

Thank you, Deb.😘

1 hour ago, George C said:

My wife found her dad dead in there living room when she was 13 years old , very sorry about your dad . I was extremely lucky both my parents lived to there 90’s .

How awful this happened to your wife as a child.  I can't even imagine!

Thank you, George.  My Mom was a young widow, who lived to the age of 92.❤️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

So sorry to read this about your dad. 

Thanks Andrew.  Boy, Lucy was giving you a run for your money!😉

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is so sad. Sorry.😔

Thank you, OB😘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Sad to hear this

Agree, I lost my mom almost 40 years ago, I wasn't old enough to think of asking many of the questions I should have.  Still miss her and think of her every day.  Had my dad for over 25 years after she passed, still not enough but did appreciate that time so much more.

Thank you, April.  I had my mom so much longer than my dad, thankfully, but there are still questions that I wish I had asked my mom.❤️

57 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What a tragic death, Maryann.  The anniversaries are always difficult but I hope the memories of him bring you comfort.  

Thank you so much, Deb.😘

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a great idea. I am totally going to do this for Jonathan.

When we first got it, I wasn't really in to it, and several months went by before I picked it up and began writing.  Once I did, I began to totally enjoy doing it.  The bound book arrived a day or two after we got home from Florida.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Jane.

How great that all is good with your eye check up!  

I talked to him today about the price and he says he is middle of the road pricing for this lens, he knows some doctors charging 10k, 1k more. Also he has access to a machine during surgery that not all surgeons have access to. It compares your eyes to 1000s of eyes world wide to determine during surgery the exact best fit for your eyes for a better outcome. The machine zooms in and takes a picture and then I hear him 18,1 or whatever, it shows him the exact best lens for each eye lens. I could have easily driven home by myself it was so good immediately. Not every surgeon has access to this kind of high tech machine. 

My next door neighbors of my parents need cataract surgery and were shocked by the price of the high tech lens so I asked him today more questions. I do think he is excellent. Just the price was omg. The machine sees astigmatism and all that and calculates the best lens. It's all high tech. Hed like to see me in 4 months but I'll be gone ... i hope.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Liz's reaction was terrible. Venus's indifference was disgusting. If I were playing I'd keep Venus in the game. I don't think anyone would vote her a million.

Liz was quite ridiculous with her outburst.  How does one even decide to go on this show when you have so many food allergies??  

Venus is another story.....

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good tribal outcome. This group is big on blindsides.

This is true about the blindsides.  I would've liked to have the other person sent home, though.  I'm so done with that one.

• Like 4