Jump to content

When Do You Plan To Cruise Again?


SargassoPirate
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

We cruised Athens to Barcelona (18 days) in October/November 2021 - felt lucky to get the cruise in during the lull between Delta and Omicron. We prefer small ships, mostly Windstar, so the cruises had about 130 passengers, all vaccinated. The 3 Italy ports only allowed going off ship with a ship tour and that was less than ideal. Greece, Cyprus and Spain all allowed independent excursions or exploring on your own. 

 

I'm planning on a solo trip in March/April. My husband isn't interested in ocean crossings so he isn't coming along. It will be 23 days for a Transatlantic followed by a Lisbon round trip to the Canary Islands. 

I was in Lisbon and the Canary's back in October solo.......hope you LOVE IT😃...even with protocols and stuff, it was one of my best cruises EVER!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

When it is safe for us to board with only proof of two vacs and two or more boosters, and when the airlines, airports and cruise ships are adequately staffed and supplied, and when I can enter any port without testing and other hassles. In other words, a rather long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last week, I took my first cruise since 2019.  We were required to show proof of being vaccinated and boosted.  No masks were required, but the crew was always masked when dealing with passengers. We were also required to present proof of a negative COVID test for boarding the ship at the embarkation port, but not for entering any of the other ports.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, islandwoman said:

Last week, I took my first cruise since 2019.  We were required to show proof of being vaccinated and boosted.  No masks were required, but the crew was always masked when dealing with passengers. We were also required to present proof of a negative COVID test for boarding the ship at the embarkation port, but not for entering any of the other ports.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

What steps did you take on the ship to avoid getting Covid?  Did you hear of anyone on the ship coming down with Covid?

I'm planning a cruise for next month. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SunnySideUp100 said:

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

What steps did you take on the ship to avoid getting Covid?  Did you hear of anyone on the ship coming down with Covid?

I'm planning a cruise for next month. 

 

The cruise was very different than those we've done in the past because we didn't socialize with other passengers.  But it was still very enjoyable.

DH and I are fully vaccinated and boosted.  We wore KN-95 masks in all public indoor places, except the main dining room where we sat at a table for 2 in a location away from other tables.  Other meals we ate at the sunset bar (outside seating) or room service on our deck. 

No, I did not hear of anyone coming down with COVID, but I don't think I would have even if there were.

Enjoy your cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SunnySideUp100 said:

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

What steps did you take on the ship to avoid getting Covid?  Did you hear of anyone on the ship coming down with Covid?

I'm planning a cruise for next month. 

 

I've been on five cruises since the restart. I am vaxxed and now double boosted.  I jumped through whatever testing hoops there were (finding my own or testing at the port) and wore a mask whenever required, but ditched it when it wasn't.  I didn't wear a mask on the planes or in terminals after that mandate was dropped.  When required I only wore a single layer face diaper mask, which met the requirements.  I trust the vaccines and therapeutics.

 

It was nice to be back at sea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I've been on five cruises since the restart. I am vaxxed and now double boosted.  I jumped through whatever testing hoops there were (finding my own or testing at the port) and wore a mask whenever required, but ditched it when it wasn't.  I didn't wear a mask on the planes or in terminals after that mandate was dropped.  When required I only wore a single layer face diaper mask, which met the requirements.  I trust the vaccines and therapeutics.

 

It was nice to be back at sea.

I am excited to cruise again and hope to avoid Covid, as you have!  I might be the one person on the ship wearing a mask when it's not required.  I'm accustomed to wearing a mask at work, anyway.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, islandwoman said:

The cruise was very different than those we've done in the past because we didn't socialize with other passengers.  But it was still very enjoyable.

DH and I are fully vaccinated and boosted.  We wore KN-95 masks in all public indoor places, except the main dining room where we sat at a table for 2 in a location away from other tables.  Other meals we ate at the sunset bar (outside seating) or room service on our deck. 

No, I did not hear of anyone coming down with COVID, but I don't think I would have even if there were.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for all that.  Hopefully you'll cruise again soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have put it off for as long as possible. Have almost $9K in FCC to use by the end of the year. Since we're driving to port and putting COVID health on the line, we added a B2B to take us over HAL's 4* status. See my signature line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Have put it off for as long as possible. Have almost $9K in FCC to use by the end of the year. Since we're driving to port and putting COVID health on the line, we added a B2B to take us over HAL's 4* status. See my signature line.

Wow!  That's a lot of cancelled cruises.  If I stopped to add up all of my cancelled travel (including, but not just cruises), since the pandemic started, it might come to that much too.  But I'm not going to do it because it would be depressing.

I hope that you have a great time on your upcoming cruises.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Five day Carnival freedom for our 37th anniversary this coming October and then attending celebrity silhouette call retirement cruise in the sky suite next November 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have booked a B2B for the end of September into October of 2023.  This will be our first cruise post pandemic.  We had 3 cruises cancelled during the pandemic.  And those were booked before we even heard of Covid.  It has been a long time since we have been on a cruise - April of 2017.  So it will be 6 years between sailings.  Way, way, way too long!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...