Cruise line with rooms bigger than 4

Matt_Cardiff

Hi all,

I’ve done 2 Med cruises over the last 2 years with RC in an inside cabin with my partner, 3 year old son - and my mum.

We would like to do another cruise next year but have another child due in August. We’ve been looking online to try and book a room that will accommodate 3 adults and 2 children but the booking systems won’t allow it.

I was just wondering if anyone can advise of any cruise lines (which sail from UK) that would fit 5 people in a room?

Thanks in advance.

for the most part, cabins that hold more than 4 can only be booked  via a TA or by calling directly.. not online.

that being said   just go for 2 cabins.   it will often times be much cheaper going that route  Royal has  some terrific connecting promenade cabins that are very reasonable.  some ships even come with a balcony that face inside.  

There are a number of options for this on most cruise lines but as indicated by spookwife they are not available to book on line and must be done either by calling the cruise line directly or requesting information through a TA.  The reason for this is based on inventory control in that there are limited options and availability for the 4+ staterooms and each typically requires a minimum passenger number on the booking and matching deposits to reserve.  

That being said, RCI, as example, has several good single 4+ stateroom / suite options to choose from that would provide a good comparison to multiple stateroom considerations.  We have booked both options in the past, based on ship and fare offerings at the time, with good results.  You just need to check by contacting the cruise line directly or through a TA (who can most easily provide cruise line and ship options) and compare.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, spookwife said:

that being said   just go for 2 cabins.   it will often times be much cheaper going that route

Strange but true ! We saved getting two cabins instead of one for four persons . This is not always the case but worth investigating . 

We had a cabin on Serenade of the Seas (Royal Carib) that fit 6.  There were 4-6 of these cabins on board (I think called "Ultra Spacious Outside Family Cabin).   There is a small room withing the room with twin bunks and its own closet; twin single beds or pushed together queen and a large sitting area with a couch bed that can be curtained off for privacy.  One bathroom.  I was able to book this online for 3 people, but I believe you always have to call when booking a cabins for over 4 people.  The larger cabins go quick!

Royal Caribbean does have the six person rooms.  You do have to call if you are booking more than four to a room though.  If you do a search for four people, it will at least show you if they are available.  Look for ultra spacious- interior, ocean view, and ocean view with balcony.  They have the twin beds that push together, a sofa bed, and a set of bunk beds.  The ships that have the panoramic ocean view also have two of these rooms in the panoramic view option, but they are under the suite category and are pricier.

Edited by KimA75

• 2 weeks later...

Princess has what's called a "family suite".  You cannot see prices online, you must call about it.  I haven't staying in one, as of yet, but planning to do so in the future (every time we go to book it is sold out because there are only a few on each ship).  Good luck!

Carnival has their family cabins which sleep 5 on their Dream class ships, and on the Fantasy class.  We love the Carnival Magic.  We've also done the Grand Suite in Fantasy class that has a king bed, a queen bed, and a twin roll-away.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...