FCC Nightmare! Anyone success??

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is allowing you to book a cruise and the deposit is not due until May 31.  This is to allow for the FCC to be processed so that you can apply it.

Wait....so you have to pay a deposit on top of your 125% FCC you already paid for.....I do not understand that. You shouldn't have to pay them a DIME.

26 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

What a nightmare. Let these stories be a forewarning to anyone making the conscious choice right now to take the FCC over the cash refund when given the choice. That 125% is tempting people into a potentially horrible fate. 

That extra 25% isn't nearly enough to cover the price increase and aggravation that everyone is going through. I don't know the OP's situation as far as having a choice for refund or FCC but it would be a cold day in Hell before I let anyone keep $11,000 of my money if I had a choice to get it back.

• Like 7

After reading all of this, we are now hoping that RCL just cancels our June 22nd sailing out of Amsterdam, we have invested over $7000 for a JS aft, we also purchased excursions as well so there's around 9 grand in jeopardy....this whole "FCC crap" sounds like a shell game and a runaround. I'd rather have a full refund; I know they'll do their utmost to sweet talk us into a FCC instead of the refund even if they cancel it themselves....I think we are DONE with Royal....we'll just go to Australia after this has blown over and never cruise again. GLAD NOW I didn't buy any of their stock when the cost per share plummeted (I nearly did).....common sense prevailed. I am so sorry for those of you that own stock in RCL because they will more than likely tank, this is turning into a nightmare for them. AND ALL OF US.

Edited by johnjen
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, johnjen said:

After reading all of this, we are now hoping that RCL just cancels our June 22nd sailing out of Amsterdam, we have invested over $7000 for a JS aft, we also purchased excursions as well so there's around 9 grand in jeopardy....this whole "FCC crap" sounds like a shell game and a runaround. I'd rather have a full refund; I know they'll do their utmost to sweet talk us into a FCC instead of the refund even if they cancel it themselves....I think we are DONE with Royal....we'll just go to Australia after this has blown over and never cruise again. GLAD NOW I didn't buy any of their stock when the cost per share plummeted (I nearly did).....common sense prevailed. I am so sorry for those of you that own stock in RCL because they will more than likely tank, this is turning into a nightmare for them. AND ALL OF US.

Agreed.  Lot’s of loyalty at risk.  Even just a lump sum FCC would’ve been sufficient.  I paid the bill, just put FCC in my name...and I’ll split it up.  Now my daughter has a friend with a nice FCC credit at age 17.....crazy.  Airlines similar.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As my post stated you can book s cruise with no deposit while you wait for the FCC to be generated.  Once you get your FCC you can then apply it to the reservation.  You only need to pay the taxes and fees. 

I wish they had let us do that! The TA did suggest that once the fcc was applied (or final payment,mit wasn’t clear) that our cash deposit would be credited back to our card. But until today I didn’t realize RCL might try to force us all into 2 cruises if we missed 2 cruises (given the new cruise is 12: days, we expected to be able to put most of our 10k fcc into this one cruise).

1 minute ago, AlohaLivin said:

I wish they had let us do that! The TA did suggest that once the fcc was applied (or final payment,mit wasn’t clear) that our cash deposit would be credited back to our card. But until today I didn’t realize RCL might try to force us all into 2 cruises if we missed 2 cruises (given the new cruise is 12: days, we expected to be able to put most of our 10k fcc into this one cruise).

So does anyone know:

RCL canceled our March 15 cruise.  Do we lose ANYTHING if we opt for refund since they canceled the cruise?? 

1 minute ago, mstayman said:

So does anyone know:

RCL canceled our March 15 cruise.  Do we lose ANYTHING if we opt for refund since they canceled the cruise?? 

You won’t lose anything. 

Edit.  As long as you didn’t cancel it before they did. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You won’t lose anything. 

Edit.  As long as you didn’t cancel it before they did. 

Correct.  It was canceled that Friday afternoon.  One rep said I lose $$ room deposit if I opt for refund vs FCC even when he could see they canceled the cruise....unbelievable.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s an example. 

Old cruise $2000, include in that $300 in port charges. 

Each person gets a FCC for $850. Port charges of $300 refunded

new cruise $1800.  Port fees $200..cruise only is then $800 per person 

you must pay the port fees and taxes of $200.  You can then apply $800 each from your FCC.  After this cruise has sailed you will receive a new FCC for $50 each.

port fees and taxes must always be paid and cannot have a FCC applied to them. 

Thank you...that clears it up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mstayman said:

Just received my FCC April 10, 2020 from a canceled March 15, 2020 sailing.

The March 15 sailing was moved to July 4, 2020. Another deposit paid and also told I had to pay for the balance of the July 4 cruise (90 day rule) by April 5th, 2020 and then apply my FCC when I received it both from RCL and travel agent.

I read in my RCL FCC email that my FCC CAN NOT be applied to a cruise paid in full..which was done 6 days ago....or I would have my reservation canceled!

Called travel agent, I called RCL. Both declined to apply FCC to the July 4, 2020 paid in full cruise.

I now have a paid in full rescheduled "new" cruise for July 4, 2020 and an FCC from the canceled March 15, 2020 cruise which expires 12/2021.

To top it off, if the July 4, 2020 cruise is canceled due to the new CDC 100 day rule and FCC is issued for the July 4, 2020 cruise, I will have 2 FCC certificates that CAN NOT be applied to just one new future cruise.

Multiple FCC for the same person are required to be used separately on 2 DIFFERENT cruises.

If I request refund for the March 15, 2020 cruise I lose the $1000 rooms deposit.

Can’t really get ahead…..or break even.

Cruiser beware.

Almost the same exact thing is happening to me. Was told the same thing while on the phone with RCI. My only advice. Take the refund for your july 4 cruise, and get your money back as soon as RCI cancels the july cruise(100% Refund if they cancel) Don't think you want 2 FCC's.

26 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Almost the same exact thing is happening to me. Was told the same thing while on the phone with RCI. My only advice. Take the refund for your july 4 cruise, and get your money back as soon as RCI cancels the july cruise(100% Refund if they cancel) Don't think you want 2 FCC's.

Right.  The FCC is valid until you use it, it expires or you request refund.  We are requesting the refund from the March 15, 2020 RCL canceled cruise and letting the July 4 "paid in full" cruise ride until we go or it is also canceled by RCL.  Having the possibility of 2 FCC's that are required to be used on separate cruising dates is not feasible for us.

14 hours ago, Rustic23 said:

We had a March 29 cruise. Paid in full $1,600 for two.  We got ou FCC yesterday.  $1,000 for me, $400 For the wife.  So our $1,600 paid equals a refund less, not 25% more!   Thanks RCL!  My guess they have a real problem!  However, my guess is it won’t matter, as they will file chapter 11 sometime in the next. Couple of months.   Will be interesting as they are nor a US Corp.

How much of the $1600 was port fees and taxes?  Also, was any of the $1600 for onboard activities like dining/drinks/excursions? The FCC amount should be for the cost of the cruise less those fees and charges. Port fees, taxes and pre-purchased onboard stuff will eventually be refunded to your original form of payment. I say eventually, because those fees for the cruises we cancelled on March 10, showed up in my CC account on 4/8.

Another odd thing - we had requested a FCC for our June/Canada cruise and the TA confirmed at the time that he was on the phone requesting it. But now we get an email that shows RCL refunded that cruise instead of sending an FCC. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't know how we are ever going to fix what seems like a mess right now with two cruises cancelled and one pending.

16 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That extra 25% isn't nearly enough to cover the price increase and aggravation that everyone is going through.

Depends on the Cruise. Last 4weeks I've received over $3000 in reductions on Cruises for this Fall and next Spring. Then lot of times people dont realize refund of Port/Fees come separately and refunds can come in multiple payments. 

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That extra 25% isn't nearly enough to cover the price increase and aggravation that everyone is going through. I don't know the OP's situation as far as having a choice for refund or FCC but it would be a cold day in Hell before I let anyone keep $11,000 of my money if I had a choice to get it back.

I cancelled BEFORE they did on 3/9 - three days prior - so I did not qualify for a refund OR 125% FCC.  Only 100% FCC which is not ideal. 

Warning to anyone in my situation, DON'T cancel, wait for them to cancel and then take the cash and RUN!

• Like 6

On 4/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I do agree that they need  to make it clearer that you need to book a cruise before calling to apply the FCC.  BTW, you can book a cruise right now and not pay a deposit.  When you apply the FCC then you need to pay the taxes and fees.

So if I canceled mine yesterday, but I haven't received an email yet about FCC, I can go ahead and book my new cruise, pay nothing and apply the FCC later?  Can I do this online or do I have to call?

6 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

So if I canceled mine yesterday, but I haven't received an email yet about FCC, I can go ahead and book my new cruise, pay nothing and apply the FCC later?  Can I do this online or do I have to call?

You have to call. It will probably take about 30 days for the FCC to come in. Deposit would be due by May 31 if the FCC hasn’t been applied. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to call. It will probably take about 30 days for the FCC to come in. Deposit would be due by May 31 if the FCC hasn’t been applied.  When you apply the FCC you will have to pay the port fees and taxes. 

Thanks! Is it just the regular reservation phone number?

1 minute ago, travelinmoma said:

Thanks! Is it just the regular reservation phone number?

Yes, they should be able to help.  I was aware that it was available for travel agents but someone else posted on here that they were also able to take advantage of this offer by calling. 

On 4/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, UrbanGirlie said:

I'm so sorry.  This is such a nightmare to be out so much $ with zero recourse.  Never again.  Viking returned $25K of my money with no questions asked.  Classy company.

How long did it take for Viking to refund your money? My parents had their April Netherlands tulip cruise cancel the first week of March and they’re scheduled to take a Panama Canal transit cruise this coming December (booked late 2019). They were told it would be up to 60 days to get their funds returned and they’ve decided that if they don’t have them before final payment for the December cruise is due, they will be canceling that one as well. 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:41 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

What a nightmare. Let these stories be a forewarning to anyone making the conscious choice right now to take the FCC over the cash refund when given the choice. That 125% is tempting people into a potentially horrible fate. 

Has anyone received a cash refund other than Cruise Planner and Port/Taxes feed?

On 4/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, UrbanGirlie said:

I'm so sorry.  This is such a nightmare to be out so much $ with zero recourse.  Never again.  Viking returned $25K of my money with no questions asked.  Classy company.

Same here, with Tauck. Over $30k. Had refund within a week. Only thing not fully refunded was insurance and was given as a credit if we decide to try again next year.