Now for something completely different

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well the civic elections were held yesterday. All but one of the existing council got fired including the Mayor. This could make it more difficult for our house sale to proceed. It is conditional on a development permit and the new council is not going to be quite as liberal handing those out as the last council was. Oh well time will tell, We aren't desperate to sell, we're comfortable and the mortgage is manageable so we are okay to stay here. We have a lot of equity in this place so if it takes a little longer to cash that in oh well.

Hope it all falls into place for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lyle you might like to put this book on your wish list for Santa - "Australia's Best Nature Escapes" by Lee Atkinson.  I have it on loan from the library.  When I stayed at Punsand Bay on the tip of Queensland, I could only find out details via Two Drs (American travellers who brought their 4WD to Aust.).  Well this book has an article on Punsand Bay!! I was sold!  It is such a good book of hidden discoveries, I might buy it for a daughter who is going travelling next year for her birthday or Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After all these years of sailing waters far away, we've just booked our first cruise in Australian and New Zealand Waters:  Cunard QE Sydney to Sydney (7-28 January 2023).  We're wasting no time in using the cruise credits from our Barcelona to Sydney fiasco.  Really looking forward to returning to New Zealand and Tasmania, this time in a ship.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

After all these years of sailing waters far away, we've just booked our first cruise in Australian and New Zealand Waters:  Cunard QE Sydney to Sydney (7-28 January 2023).  We're wasting no time in using the cruise credits from our Barcelona to Sydney fiasco.  Really looking forward to returning to New Zealand and Tasmania, this time in a ship.  

Eases the disappointment no doubt! 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Here's an example the entertainment at a place where we had dinner under the stars by the Garonne Canal in France.

Couldn't help but get to our feet and boogie.

https://www.facebook.com/100063486224992/videos/pcb.506527388140131/1150463039186259

Fantastic!  Great moves on that clip, too👏

3 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Marion, I'm not on facebook either, but it opened in my browser easily.  Try again

3 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Marion, I'm not on facebook either, but it opened in my browser easily.  Try again

No it wouldn't open again.  Do you have an Apple Laptop?

It was a ad day for the RCMP yesterday, a member was murdered while on duty yesterday. She was stabbed to death while attending to support a park worker. She had only been on the job for 3 years and was part of the mental health support unit.

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It was a ad day for the RCMP yesterday, a member was murdered while on duty yesterday. She was stabbed to death while attending to support a park worker. She had only been on the job for 3 years and was part of the mental health support unit.

How sad for her family and also for her co-workers. đź’”

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Sad news Lyle, but to be blunt it is an occupational hazard, too many criminals and lunatics out there. It is a jungle out there.👮‍♀️👮

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Such a terrible, awful act.  Our thoughts and prayers for this brave woman, her family and community🌹

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

How sad for her family and also for her co-workers. đź’”

The RCMP being our National Police force it hit the whole nation. We have had 3 line of duty murders in the last couple weeks, 2 in Ontario who were not RCMP and now this one in Burnaby which is much closer to us. Fags are half staff across the nation.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sad news Lyle, but to be blunt it is an occupational hazard, too many criminals and lunatics out there. It is a jungle out there.👮‍♀️👮

It is Les, the perpetrator was shot and is in hospital. He was charged with 1st degree murder today. I doubt he will be living in a tent in the park for at least 25 years.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Sounds like he might have been a mental health case.  That is dangerous work.