Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

50 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

So how come your posting here if you do not visit the Aussie part anymore🤔🤔🤔

Nd great thing is that you can check where he has posted, looks like nowhere but this sub forum since at least April.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I think they should build the new erminal at the Q Station.

Still in Sydney Harbour, but able to re-Commission the quarantine hospital to deal with the passengers.

It would be a ***** of a place to get to. The main roads into Manly are already a nightmare and the ferry followed by a bus or taxi/uber is the only other option.

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would be a ***** of a place to get to. The main roads into Manly are already a nightmare and the ferry followed by a bus or taxi/uber is the only other option.

No worries , just build a bridge over to Watson’s Bay 🤗🥱

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But the 2 weeks after the cruise ,the old quarantine station is a lovely place.                       (I think he was joking)

On 6/24/2020 at 4:54 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Which cruise line is selling its ships?

In an interview a few weeks ago, the boss of Royal said they were considering removing their smaller ships from the fleet.

He said there was a better return on a 30% full big ship than a 50% little one. As well as much more space for people to use with distancing.

My experience is they claim there is more public space on the bigger ships but, in reality, a lot of the interior space is taken up with shops and speciality restaurants. I've certainly noticed on Princess that as the ships get bigger the bars and lounges get smaller. And don't get me started on promenade decks or lack thereof!

• Like 1

I have heard on the grapevine that Princess will be donating the Ruby Princess to Sydney Ports and it will be converted into the new Botany Bay cruise terminal. It will be renamed the Mick Fuller cruise terminal and will be officially opened by the Police commissioner himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

I have heard on the grapevine that Princess will be donating the Ruby Princess to Sydney Ports and it will be converted into the new Botany Bay cruise terminal. It will be renamed the Mick Fuller cruise terminal and will be officially opened by the Police commissioner himself.

Snoopy Lol GIF - Snoopy Lol Funny - Discover & Share GIFs | Snoopy ...

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

if you think thats a nightmare , then try botany to city . you may not even make it and turn back lol.. 

dont need to post here that much our battle has been won for now thanks to the cruise companies reckless behaviour.  plus been busy having a great time driving the ole cars and going fishing .  i see the same people here's attitude is still the same.. now even more people are aware of just how nasty some of the ships can be.  still doesnt deter my misses she still wants to go on the kiss cruise . hopefully america cleans its act up and start  the kiss cruise again doubt it will happen within next 2 odd yrs but hopefully i can supprise my misses and get her some tickets to the kiss cruise.  i like you blokes its entertaining reading some of your wishful thinking post about ships returning here in aus lol 

i give you 1 bit of advice .  got out and support your local towns and places we have such a awesome country here .

Edited by in rod we trust

On 6/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, The_Big_M said:

NIMBYists out in force again at plans for the reinstating previous wharves at Botany for another boat service... Guess they're taking "Stop the boats" to an ideological extreme.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-15/botany-bay-ferry-plan-for-nsw-coronavirus-recovery-causes-divide/12353714

id rather a ferry than a great big ugly cruise ship blocking the view and killing of all the wildlife in the bay . not to mention a great big ugly break wall .  but then again the cruise ships will take at least 5 yrs to recover thats if they recover and dont go bust by then. its ingrained in peoples head of just how bad they acted and spread the virus around the country.  they did it to themselves,  its political suicide to even mention  the word cruise ships in australia lol

Edited by in rod we trust

On 6/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, MMDown Under said:

I have just read an interesting article in Traveller about Caribbean Islands wanting improved financial arrangements with the cruise lines.  In the past, if the islands didn't do what the cruise lines wanted, the threat was they would take their business elsewhere.  They did the same with Alaska, stopping cruising there, forcing Alaska to reverse its proposed tax policy. 

I read that article even have it posted under cruise news section. It does make you wonder about the arrangement with Pacific islands🤔. If you're interested check out this opinion piece on Caribbean cruises. It is a year old but it is interesting to see the difference in fees each island gets:

Rethinking Caribbean Cruise Port Revenues

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

id rather a ferry than a great big ugly cruise ship blocking the view and killing of all the wildlife in the bay . not to mention a great big ugly break wall .  but then again the cruise ships will take at least 5 yrs to recover thats if they recover and dont go bust by then. its ingrained in peoples head of just how bad they acted and spread the virus around the country.  they did it to themselves,  its political suicide to even mention  the word cruise ships in australia lol

So it's just your personal preference then. 

As for the last part of your comment, you don't get to make your own facts up. Cruise ships didn't act badly - in fact, with the most transmitting example, all the evidence in the inquiry so far shows nobody acted "badly" but the mistakes were all on the government side. 

On 6/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, MMDown Under said:

A lot of people will be happy that the cruise lines are no longer in a position to put pressure on the Government to build an additional expensive cruise terminal in Sydney.  

I have just read an interesting article in Traveller about Caribbean Islands wanting improved financial arrangements with the cruise lines.  In the past, if the islands didn't do what the cruise lines wanted, the threat was they would take their business elsewhere.  They did the same with Alaska, stopping cruising there, forcing Alaska to reverse its proposed tax policy. 

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I read that article even have it posted under cruise news section. It does make you wonder about the arrangement with Pacific islands🤔. If you're interested check out this opinion piece on Caribbean cruises. It is a year old but it is interesting to see the difference in fees each island gets:

Rethinking Caribbean Cruise Port Revenues

What are the port fees for Australia and NZ ?

7 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

if you think thats a nightmare , then try botany to city . you may not even make it and turn back lol.. 

Rod baby 

I have a spy in NSW transport and transport is still working on it.
Your cruise terminal will have a passenger rail service .

The delay will go quickly and with cruise lines scraping their smaller ships .There will be a demand for another terminal.

FEAD536E-4CFB-4C52-B601-16EA938E5DA3.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My experience is they claim there is more public space on the bigger ships but, in reality, a lot of the interior space is taken up with shops and speciality restaurants. I've certainly noticed on Princess that as the ships get bigger the bars and lounges get smaller. And don't get me started on promenade decks or lack thereof!

Our group was on the Ruby Princess last November and we were stunned at the amount of space available, quite often with no other people in sight.

8 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Our group was on the Ruby Princess last November and we were stunned at the amount of space available, quite often with no other people in sight.

When we were on her in December it was wall-to-wall people all the time, except for one bar up by Share which was always blissfully quiet. Huge queues to get into the MDR for all meals. The only way you could get a table for two for breakfast was to get there before it opened and getting a table in the buffet took considerable luck. There were close to 3500 on that cruise which is probably near maximum.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Rod baby 

I have a spy in NSW transport and transport is still working on it.
Your cruise terminal will have a passenger rail service .

The delay will go quickly and with cruise lines scraping their smaller ships .There will be a demand for another terminal.

FEAD536E-4CFB-4C52-B601-16EA938E5DA3.jpeg

That's a road connection with WestConnex.

11 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

11 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

I’m referring to the duplication of the port botany container terminal rail.

https://www.infrastructureaustralia.gov.au/listing/media-release/port-botany-rail-line-duplication-and-cabramatta-passing-loop-approved-priority-project

I think it’s all part of Sydney Gateway.

I’m told there’s a passenger rail service in the proposal for a cruise terminal at Botany.

I don’t know how it would work with the airport to city line ,because it’s a different line.

And I was responding to a post about congestion in the area.

Edited by Chiliburn