100 DAYS POLICY WITHDRAWN?

No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations

by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Editorial Note: The agency has requested this document be withdrawn from publication after placement on public inspection. The document will remain on file through close of business on April 13, 2020. A copy of the agency's withdrawal letter is available for inspection at the Office of the Federal Register.

THIS DOCUMENT WAS WITHDRAWN

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It also doesn't mean that a new document won't be put in place. I really don't think it means what people here are implying.  

I don’t know what I don’t know, therefore I will defer until more information is available then I might know more than I did before I didn’t know.  Perfect sense to me 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the second time it was withdrawn. There was one posted on Wednesday that had sailings extended by 120 days.  This one is being republished on the 15th probably with some minor changes. 

I may be wrong... I often am, but don't believe there was ever a 120 day order.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

It was issued last Wednesday and withdrawn. Posted with a copy of the actual document on the 100 day thread. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the second time it was withdrawn. There was one posted on Wednesday that had sailings extended by 120 days.  This one is being republished on the 15th probably with some minor changes. 

But on the other hand, click and bait news headlines reporting this as a done fact are in error. 

Might be another 100 days but until its registered it's still not concrete fact. (Not that i expect cruises to resume that soon, rcl wants to cancel in waves, this doesnt allow them to do that next time)

Just now, firefly333 said:

But on the other hand, click and bait news headlines reporting this as a done fact are in error. 

Might be another 100 days but until its registered it's still not concrete fact. (Not that i expect cruises to resume that soon, rcl wants to cancel in waves, this doesnt allow them to do that next time)

This is just a formalization of what the majority of people knew was going to happen. 

On 4/10/2020 at 11:21 AM, firefox247 said:

The CDC has made a few different versions of the document.  Even yesterday, they had the date as April 8 (as well as the PDF), and then they updated both to be April 9, and they changed the dates from 120 to 100.  It's possible that the document they withdrew was the old one I suppose.  All speculation at this point until we know.

If the CDC really requested that the final version was withdrawn, I have to imagine they would have removed it from their website first.

image.thumb.png.26a8520ced6867abbd1c06eebbd3dfcc.png

6 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Heres a link to the 120 day document. 

• Like 3

IMO, the CDC and CLIA are still negotiating final language and timing of prohibitions in the final published order. Given that Carnival just extended their cancellations until the end of June, I expect that the final language will not have an ambiguous 100-day clock, but a "date certain" end to the order.

• Like 2

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/15/2020-07930/no-sail-order-and-suspension-of-further-embarkation-modification-and-extension-and-other-measures

It's still there.  A prior version of this order was withdrawn last week and replaced with the one above (due for formal publication on Wednesday).

Edited by danv3
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

IMO, the CDC and CLIA are still negotiating final language and timing of prohibitions in the final published order. Given that Carnival just extended their cancellations until the end of June, I expect that the final language will not have an ambiguous 100-day clock, but a "date certain" end to the order.

Gotta have those beaches open for the 4th of July, don't ya know! 

Mayor Larry Vaughn | Fear world Wiki | Fandom

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In all seriousness, this sounds pretty logical to me. A future order could supersede it, but even what was out this weekend was backed down from what was out at end of last week.  I expect to see something new / revised this week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bhavird said:
No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations

by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Editorial Note: The agency has requested this document be withdrawn from publication after placement on public inspection. The document will remain on file through close of business on April 13, 2020. A copy of the agency's withdrawal letter is available for inspection at the Office of the Federal Register.

THIS DOCUMENT WAS WITHDRAWN

If you click on the CDC link that you provided above you can readily see that the OLD No Sail order is being withdrawn and the NEW No Sail order will be published in the Federal Register on April 15.  April 15 is the start of the 100 day clock.

image.thumb.png.ccdf3104507647723d7b29be2a28aef9.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1