Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

22 hours ago, chipsahoy2 said:

I've had 3 cruises cancelled on me by Royal. With refunds being issued in partial installments with no rhyme or reason, it has been a massive pain in the behind trying to figure out what refund is for what cruise. So frustrated, yet relieved that refunds are finally coming. Going now because I have more math to do... 

I actually have created a spreadsheet.  Four of the amounts don't match anything on my cruise invoices.

Our May 2nd cruise was cancelled on March 24th. We applied for a full refund on March 25th. Our Air2Sea was refunded on April 30th. This morning we finally received the remaining refunds for our cruise and cruise planner items after waiting 51 days. It came in 6 separate payments which didn't match any amount on our invoice, but the total added up to the correct amount so all's good. 

We have 2 more cruises in 2020 which will likely be cancelled. I'm hoping Royal can come up with a better system to expedite future refunds correctly. 

Edited by lr657
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

I thought you said you were leaving these boards for good and going golfing or to some rally or something...

Greetings, young lad!  

I’m still here. Eager learn from you and the rest of the cruise thought-leaders. 

My best.

my ta found out that the shorted amount of my refund from RCI was their commission. She's gonna check with their accounting department to see if they had received their commission from RCI. If they had, I'll be getting a check for the balance from the travel agency, if they have not, they'll contact RCI and bug them to refund me.

38 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

my ta found out that the shorted amount of my refund from RCI was their commission. She's gonna check with their accounting department to see if they had received their commission from RCI. If they had, I'll be getting a check for the balance from the travel agency, if they have not, they'll contact RCI and bug them to refund me.

My TA refunded me the commission for my cruise when I cancelled.  Took about 3-5 days.  I got the rest refunded from RCI after I disputed with my credit card.  🍷

12 hours ago, jknc said:

Greetings, young lad!  

I’m still here. Eager learn from you and the rest of the cruise thought-leaders. 

My best.

Glad to hear...just trying to lighten the mood a bit, as these times have been a bit disruptive for all of us.

11 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

Refund to you doesn't have anything to do with commissions.  Those are paid directly to the TA.   You should never see anything about the commission and it doesn't come out of your account.

Edited by BND

16 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I actually have created a spreadsheet.  Four of the amounts don't match anything on my cruise invoices.

Mine match (mostly) and the total is $399 short.  What I did find was the insurance wasn't refunded, which makes sense as it's through a third party insurer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BND said:

Refund to you doesn't have anything to do with commissions.  Those are paid directly to the TA.   You should never see anything about the commission and it doesn't come out of your account.

That had me puzzled as well

It is like paying $2500 for our cruise  out of that $2500 Royal pays the TA 13% 

So the cruise gets cancelled Royal pays you back the $2500 they paid and then give you another 13% 

making your refund $2825.  Good for you , bad for the TA  

31 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

So the cruise gets cancelled Royal pays you back the $2500 they paid and then give you another 13% 

When I make final payment, my TA takes their commission, so there are two charges to my CC, one to the TA, and the other one to Royal.  Obviously, the TA has worked out some sort of arrangement with the cruise line to do this.  So, when I cancelled, the TA sent me back their portion, and the cruise line sent me back the rest.  I'm OK with that.  🍷

38 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

When I make final payment, my TA takes their commission, so there are two charges to my CC, one to the TA, and the other one to Royal.  Obviously, the TA has worked out some sort of arrangement with the cruise line to do this.  So, when I cancelled, the TA sent me back their portion, and the cruise line sent me back the rest.  I'm OK with that.  🍷

So you are getting more money back that you spent .   I would be ok with that too.

I am so done, we have been waiting since March 15, 2020 for our cruise on Oasis of Sea...I gave them until May 15, 2020 to give me a refund on excursions/future cruise credit for a cruise that was canceled on March 15, 2020. 60+ days for my future cruise credits and refund for my excursion is more than reasonable.  On top of that, our family has lost money on the original cruise due to use flying down to Florida prior to them notifying us that the cruise was canceled which i have to throw that money away too.  Now I approach a new adventure to get my $25k from Royal.  Anyone gone through their credit cards disputing the charges?

At this point, I probably will not be back since they are so many choices cruise or vacation.

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

that's my point, RCI didn't refund me the whole "$2500", it was short $23.04 and after trying to get through to RCI, my TA said it matched what the amount of their commission. If RCI hasn't credited them their commission yet, she will have RCI refund me directly. If the agency has received the commission, I will get a check from the travel agency. Other people on CC have noted that they've had to call RCI to get their correct amount. Now I don't have to call RCI, my TA is doing all the leg work. 

We received below email on May 6.  So this is the end of the week they were referring to and zero.  I'm not calling my bank or card because I'm sure if they had received the credit, it would have been posted.  Another stall I guess?? Did anyone get this email and actually receive the refund?

Dear Guest,

As promised, we are following up on last week’s refund update, where we shared that we needed some extra time due to volume. Your refund is currently being processed and disbursement will occur by the end of this week, which means you’ll see your refund in your account sometime next week. If you don’t, be sure to contact your banking institution for an update. 

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you continue to remain healthy and safe and we remain optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to joining us back on the high seas! 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

So you are getting more money back that you spent .   I would be ok with that too.

No, I'm getting back exactly what I spent.  For example (fictitious numbers), let's say final payment was $4,000.  I give my credit card number to my TA, and they charge $3,500 to Royal and $500 to the TA.   I got the $500 from the TA in less than a week after I cancelled, then got the $3,500 back from Royal 42 days after I cancelled in 3 payments -- the $900 split into 2 payments, and the remainder in one payment.  🍷

@torpeedo I got the emails the past two weeks or whatever apologizing for the delay.  My refund did show up on my credit card yesterday, but had a May 10th posting date.  I'm guessing my card was slow to process it as well as RCI to give it.  I have no real complaints.  I cancelled an April cruise out of Puerto Rico about a week after they cancelled everything through May I think it was(sometime end of March).  I clicked the link in the email. completed the info and waited.  I knew it was going to take a while, but was happy when I finally saw it had posted.  I would say a good 45 days or so from the time I filled out the form.  I did nothing else, did not call or email, just waited.  I can understand the frustration, at least they offered a refund option.  My airline only allowed me to take a credit.  Not the worst thing in the world, but I would prefer to take a different airline, but at the time we booked our PR cruise, this airline was about the only one offering decent arrival and departure times...

1 hour ago, dragonfire989 said:

I am so done, we have been waiting since March 15, 2020 for our cruise on Oasis of Sea...I gave them until May 15, 2020 to give me a refund on excursions/future cruise credit for a cruise that was canceled on March 15, 2020. 60+ days for my future cruise credits and refund for my excursion is more than reasonable.  On top of that, our family has lost money on the original cruise due to use flying down to Florida prior to them notifying us that the cruise was canceled which i have to throw that money away too.  Now I approach a new adventure to get my $25k from Royal.  Anyone gone through their credit cards disputing the charges?

At this point, I probably will not be back since they are so many choices cruise or vacation.

It's currently taking up to 90 days for refunds to be issued. If you do a credit card dispute you should have it back within a week. 

29 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

It's currently taking up to 90 days for refunds to be issued. If you do a credit card dispute you should have it back within a week. 

Yes this seem the way to go,we did that we have credit in our credit card,just  took out 550.00 in cash this morning..

So if you haven't received your refund start a credit card dispute this seem to speed up your refund.

Hope this will help>>>

Regards

43 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

No, I'm getting back exactly what I spent.  For example (fictitious numbers), let's say final payment was $4,000.  I give my credit card number to my TA, and they charge $3,500 to Royal and $500 to the TA.   I got the $500 from the TA in less than a week after I cancelled, then got the $3,500 back from Royal 42 days after I cancelled in 3 payments -- the $900 split into 2 payments, and the remainder in one payment.  🍷

So you never had a Royal Caribbean Guest Receipt , just one from your travel agent ?

I have never done business like this and never heard of any other TA doing so. If you paid me the $4K final payment 

100% of that would be charged on your cc to Royal .

If your TA charged you a commission that is WRONG 

If your cruise took place your TA would be getting they 13% or what ever rate they are getting plus the $500 

No question they gave you back that money real fast.  

I have said this before to other and on other threads always tell the agent you must have a Royal Guest Invoice.

Some travel agencies only have to pay net so they keep their commission..therefore they would need to refund the difference.  Not a good way to do business.  We pay the cruiseline directly from your credit card then after you travel we get a small commission...our commission is usually protected if the cruiseline cancelled the cruise and final payment had been made.  The charges everyone is seeing is because it’s coming from different departments, so one is the sales tax and port fees, one is the cruise fare and one is the commission.  Some are getting 3 while others 6 refunds...guess it depends on who is doing it!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

So you never had a Royal Caribbean Guest Receipt , just one from your travel agent ?

I have never done business like this and never heard of any other TA doing so. If you paid me the $4K final payment 

100% of that would be charged on your cc to Royal .

If your TA charged you a commission that is WRONG 

If your cruise took place your TA would be getting they 13% or what ever rate they are getting plus the $500 

No question they gave you back that money real fast.  

I have said this before to other and on other threads always tell the agent you must have a Royal Guest Invoice.

I don't have any issue.  It seems they worked this out with Royal.   🍷

On 5/15/2020 at 8:14 AM, pineapple666 said:

Is there anyone who got their down payment/deposit refund first, and still waiting for the rest of the refund? Or if any one could share their time line on how long does it space out will be appreciated too.

yes.  I posted somewhere that I got my taxes and fees in one transaction and deposit in another.  Three weeks since then and still no refund of final payment.