What'd you buy for your cruise that's now useless?

Vagabond Knight

All new clothes for my ten year old to fit the MDR dress code, plus a new suit and shoes. Formalwear for me and my husband that won't fit by the time we cruise again because we are midway through losing weight. Not to mention spending money to get highlights and a mani/pedi that I wouldn't normally have spent because we splurged on a photo package. So much wasted money. 

We also lost our Priceline reservations- they refused to refund them.

Lucky because I bought  new  posh frocks and beach wear for my celeb carribean  cruise in Jan which I got to wear, unlucky because I justified it by thinking I could wear it again for my summer holidays in the UK and to Spain, both of which look like they are gonna be cancelled:( . Fingers crossed I can save them for my Feb 2022 cruise:) 

On 4/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, Fouremco said:

That's an interesting question, but after giving it some thought and talking to my DW about it, I can say with some confidence that we've never bought anything solely for use on a cruise. 

I bought a new tux and shoes two weeks before X Xd the rules and moved to evening chic.

So much for my ability to predict the future...

Oh... and 7 cruises with non-refundable deposits for 2020 and 2021

Edited by Argo.

1 minute ago, Argo. said:

I bought a new tux and shoes two weeks before X Xd the rules and moved to evening chic.

So much for my ability to predict the future...

I'm sure that you found a use for them during the few weeks a year you spend ashore!:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

New speedo.

RedneckBob in a speedo; no explanation required!

2 minutes ago, meechee111 said:

I don't need an explanation, just a picture!

Noooooo! No Picture!! It’s bad enough with the ‘picture’ your posts put in my brain!!!!

Den

On 4/16/2020 at 6:43 AM, cruise47 said:

Insurance 

I purchased travel insurance for the second leg of a B2B cruise I canceled.  I purchased the insurance in Feb.  When I canceled my cruise, I contacted the travel insurance company and they refunded me the amount I paid for the policy.  Try contacting them and see if this works for you!

4 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Noooooo! No Picture!! It’s bad enough with the ‘picture’ your posts put in my brain!!!!

Den

Well we are all missing our cruise vacations and it is possible that I might have been on a cruise with Bob.  If so, I am ALSO missing out seeing him on deck in that Speedo.  THEREFORE, I want my PIC!  I'm already missing my cruise, just let me have this Den  😃  We all need this pic!

1 minute ago, meechee111 said:

Well we are all missing our cruise vacations and it is possible that I might have been on a cruise with Bob.  If so, I am ALSO missing out seeing him on deck in that Speedo.  THEREFORE, I want my PIC!  I'm already missing my cruise, just let me have this Den  😃  We all need this pic!

Ooooh, I’m so sorry - I was just looking into a mirror when I read this about a speedo and the whole concept was, shall we say. Horrifying! 

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

Ooooh, I’m so sorry - I was just looking into a mirror when I read this about a speedo and the whole concept was, shall we say. Horrifying! 

Den

LOL!  Lean into it and send around a pic.  We all know you own a Speedo! 🙂 

2 hours ago, meechee111 said:

LOL!  Lean into it and send around a pic.  We all know you own a Speedo! 🙂 

I’ve been adding jokes to the fun thread and was about to add this, but I think this works great on this subject:

Original Joke:

The police responded to a home disturbance. When they got there, a man was laying in the garage just outside the kitchen with the wife standing on the other side of the kitchenwith a handgun. They told the woman to drop the gun, then asked her what happened. She said “I just mopped the floor and it was still wet, and that idiot tramped in from the garage so I shot him”. The Sgt called it in and the Lt asked, “Have you arrested her?” the Sgt replied, “No, the floor is still wet”.

Modified for this Thread:

The police responded to a home disturbance. When they got there, a man was laying on the living-room floor and bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds. He was laying next to an iPad and was wearing just a Speedo, and his wife was standing over him with a handgun. the police told her to drop the gun and asked her what happened. She responded: “My husband was on that stupid CruiseCritic forum and took a photo of himself wearing only a speedo, then he posted the damn thing, so I shot him!” The Sgt called it in and the Lt said: “Sounds like Justifiable Homicide”. the Sgt responsed: “Yup. this guy should only be wearing a swimsuit that goes to his knees and a t-shirt!”.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I disputed the fees on my Chase Mileage Plus credit card and got both fees refunded.  🍷

Curious if you got a refund or just a temporary credit.    I've filed a couple claims and so fare they are listed as temporary giving the merchant 45-60 days to respond to.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if you got a refund or just a temporary credit.    I've filed a couple claims and so fare they are listed as temporary giving the merchant 45-60 days to respond to.

There were no annotations.  I just reviewed my credit card statement on line, and they both just showed up as credited refunds.  I usually check my credit card statement on line on a daily basis.  I've never in the past ever disputed a charge until one day I saw a $13,000 pending charge for airline tickets to somewhere I've never been or never intend to go.  🍷