Who you sign an onboard illness waiver?

What if the cruise lines made signing a illness waiver that releases the cruise line of any litigation,  if you were to get sick or Quarantined for extended period of time while on board as part of Required cruise documents prior to boarding.  What would you do? would you sign it and sail or cancel for a refund or FCC.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You mean like the existing over 70 note?

Except a doctor’s signature wouldn’t be necessary on this hypothetical waiver.

As an aside.... I’m not over 70 but have followed some of the discussion on other threads; for the life of me, I cannot imagine many doctors signing the declarations I’ve seen.

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Except a doctor’s signature wouldn’t be necessary on this hypothetical waiver.

As an aside.... I’m not over 70 but have followed some of the discussion on other threads; for the life of me, I cannot imagine many doctors signing the declarations I’ve seen.

I agree that it will be next to impossible to get a doctor to sign that unless you are related to a doctor.  I hope cruising resumes before I reach 70 -- a while away still but doesn't look like it will restart anytime soon.  😢

The odds of a doctor signing the "over 70" waiver is not good since it is linked to the Corona Virus. Being over 70 along makes us more vulnerable to the virus, not even taking into account any preexisting condition. The fact that the doctor has to "attest" to it makes it more unlikely he/she would sign it. "Attest" is a legal term, isn't it? 

I hope this form will go away if there is ever a vaccine. I wanted to take the FCC instead of asking for a refund for our May 17 cruise,  but with that "over 70" form, I could not take the chance of it being in effect in Dec. 2021 with no vaccine available yet. 

• Like 1

For those of us that were offered an FCC that Royal won't convert to a refund; if they change their terms and conditions and I am no longer willing to accept that's completely unfair. 

Hey, I like cruising, but I don't think I'm willing to 100% let go of any claim to negligence just so I can get on a ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifes-a-beach said:

What if they made you sign a document saying if you die on the ship you would be buried at sea?  OMG let’s speculate!

If you thought RCI’s wedding packages were expensive, wait until you see their funeral packages. And don’t forget the 18% gratuity that will be added. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TravelerThom said:

If you thought RCI’s wedding packages were expensive, wait until you see their funeral packages. And don’t forget the 18% gratuity that will be added. 

Your estate may be dinged for a PVSA violation fine too....

Waivers don't always hold up in court.  I think people need to take a few steps back and realize until there is an effective treatment and/or a vaccine, cruising may not happen.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KansasK said:

The odds of a doctor signing the "over 70" waiver is not good since it is linked to the Corona Virus. Being over 70 along makes us more vulnerable to the virus, not even taking into account any preexisting condition. The fact that the doctor has to "attest" to it makes it more unlikely he/she would sign it. "Attest" is a legal term, isn't it? 

I hope this form will go away if there is ever a vaccine. I wanted to take the FCC instead of asking for a refund for our May 17 cruise,  but with that "over 70" form, I could not take the chance of it being in effect in Dec. 2021 with no vaccine available yet. 

That's what many don't realize... Agree unless there is a Vaccine have feeling the over 70 will be around in some Form until then

12 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

And everyone will have to pay for the funeral and photo package in advance but if you survive they will provide you a FFC- Future Funeral Credit, but you can apply for a refund that might take 90 days to process but if you allow them to keep your money they will throw in a song of your choice.  There will be three song lists for you to choose from; Standard (a couple of compositions with just an organ.  Sort of the buffet of music packages),  Special (Jimmy Buffet stuff like Cheeseburger in Paradise), and Premium (pretty much only Sinatra’s My Way but performed by the best showroom singer onboard at the time).  Revenue stream!

4 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

And everyone will have to pay for the funeral and photo package in advance but if you survive they will provide you a FFC- Future Funeral Credit, 

However, if you don't notify RCI of your intent to survive ar least 24 hrs. prior to the end of the cruise you forfeit the right to any FCC. If you survive due to some action by RCI the 24 hr. rule will not apply.