What About Insurance Refunds?

drolltroll

36 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

We know the threads about the refunds from carnival and all that hoopla, but is anyone having trouble getting their insurance refunded rather than a future use of it?

Are you rebooking?  It should be transferrable.   Are you working with a TA?  If so, they can take of it.  In the past, only sometimes would we use a TA.  After going through all of this, we'll always use one.  Their assistance was invaluable.

• Like 1

I use Travel Insured.  After the 14 day look period is over, the premium is non-refundable.  However, due to CV situation, if you trip is cancelled then they will allow the policy to be applied to a future trip.  If you go to website there is Covid-19 announcement w a link to an online form to notify them of the cancelled trip.  Once done, they will send you a future credit voucher.  Once you book your new trip, you can then call or chat online w then and give them details for the new trip and the policy will be reset to the new trip

• Like 1

We  only had a refundable deposit on the cruise we cancelled. When we booked our TA said that the insurance would also be totally refundable because nothing would have been at stake. (At the time that hardly mattered since we have never cancelled and never intended to.) When we cancelled the TA also informed the insurance company, and I immediately received an e-mail from them stating there would be a 15 day wait and then they would look into the claim. This was with private insurance, not with a cruise line.

It is my understanding that if you have Carnival's insurance, it is not refundable or transferable. People with private insurance have had luck transferring it over to a new cruise. Just like any other insurance, you pay for it but if you dont use it you cant get refunded. Your insurance started the day you bought it.

57 minutes ago, dltvermont said:

It is my understanding that if you have Carnival's insurance, it is not refundable or transferable. People with private insurance have had luck transferring it over to a new cruise. Just like any other insurance, you pay for it but if you dont use it you cant get refunded. Your insurance started the day you bought it.

I opted for Carnival's insurance on a now-cancelled cruise and was refunded in full

On 4/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, ontheweb said:

We  only had a refundable deposit on the cruise we cancelled. When we booked our TA said that the insurance would also be totally refundable because nothing would have been at stake. (At the time that hardly mattered since we have never cancelled and never intended to.) When we cancelled the TA also informed the insurance company, and I immediately received an e-mail from them stating there would be a 15 day wait and then they would look into the claim. This was with private insurance, not with a cruise line.

And today is 19 days later, and I had an e-mail this morning that we will be getting the premium refunded, though it may take 5-7 days to show up on our credit card. Between the cruise having an absurdly low deposit and the fact that we are both now senior citizens, this refund will be larger than the one we hopefully get someday from Princess.

8 hours ago, dltvermont said:

i had originally filed a claim, as instructed by my PVP.  It would have been refunded, however, once Carnival instituted the new refund policy, the claim was denied.  In the meantime, my amount paid for insurance was applied to my new cruise.