Carnival continues to move employees home

jimbo5544

22 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i read that Carnival Ecstasy is going to India

The only time a Fantasy class ship is heading to India that isn't bound for Alang for scrapping! I wouldn't be surprised if the Ecstasy goes into long term storage somewhere over there until a buyer is eventually found.

With all the ships going everywhere, I makes me think Carnival is shutting down for the rest of the year. Yes, the Fantasy class ship maybe done also. I personally regret this since I love the class. I doubt the cruising public will have the confidence to sail anything soon. I read today, Oxford University and an Indian company hopes to have a vaccine out in the Fall- I pray that materializes. 

18 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

This all must be devastating news for the people who really believe they will be going somewhere on a cruise June 27th - Time to buy stock in mothballs!

I do not believe it is all of the crew

21 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

It means not all ships are sailing. Who makes the cut and who doesn’t...

If you look at their ships sailing schedule, you will see it is staggered.  While I do not know this for fact, I think you can make the correlation between the staggered ship starts and crew, that and the fact it is two months between now and then.

3 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

The only time a Fantasy class ship is heading to India that isn't bound for Alang for scrapping! I wouldn't be surprised if the Ecstasy goes into long term storage somewhere over there until a buyer is eventually found.

I would be very surprised.

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

If you look at their ships sailing schedule, you will see it is staggered.  While I do not know this for fact, I think you can make the correlation between the staggered ship starts and crew, that and the fact it is two months between now and then.

I guess time will tell - speculation is fun though. 

I know someone on the Fascination that says they are going to transfer ships cause it is going to India too. They will go on the Magic as it is headed to bring crew back to Europe. Panorama is on the way to Asia. 

9 hours ago, Stick93 said:

This all must be devastating news for the people who really believe they will be going somewhere on a cruise June 27th - Time to buy stock in mothballs!

I’m told by the brand ambassador that cruising will be back to normal by the end of June similar to the previous expected timelines. I have good faith in this information and hope he is correct 🙂

Edited by xDisconnections

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I’m told by the brand ambassador that cruising will be back to normal by the end of June similar to the previous expected timelines. I have good faith in this information and hope he is correct 🙂

I feel like everyone is following what is being passed down from the suits but that bringing people home to their countries that are in some way “still developing” (Some of them) or even some countries that are getting hit hard...and with all we know at this time - I don’t see this as a reality. 
I understand people wanting and planning to go - I don’t understand the way the ships will keep people and staff safe for a season of cruising. They will be medically evacuating people and possible who ships within weeks of starting the way cruises are set up and what we know right now about the virus and what we may be expecting still with a second bump or outbreak at some point. 
Maybe I am wrong....as I said time will tell. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Nice to see you and John are talking again.  If the CDC et al let the ships sail, the crew will be there.  We will see if the myopic oversight of the cruise industry continues.  Saw a pic of an American flight with almost no opens seats this morning, so much for social distancing on aircraft.

24 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I feel like everyone is following what is being passed down from the suits but that bringing people home to their countries that are in some way “still developing” (Some of them) or even some countries that are getting hit hard...and with all we know at this time - I don’t see this as a reality. 
I understand people wanting and planning to go - I don’t understand the way the ships will keep people and staff safe for a season of cruising. They will be medically evacuating people and possible who ships within weeks of starting the way cruises are set up and what we know right now about the virus and what we may be expecting still with a second bump or outbreak at some point. 
Maybe I am wrong....as I said time will tell. 

Well there is an optimistic view.  When is “at some point”, fall, winter, 2021, 2030?  At some point we need to take possession of our lives.  NOBODY is suggesting for that to happen before we can mitigate concerns.  If, for you, that means no cases any where in the country getting sick, that’s fine, but not for me.  Life at its fullest deserves to be lived that way, not carelessly, but not in a bubble.  Just my two cents, your opinion sounds different.

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well there is an optimistic view.  When is “at some point”, fall, winter, 2021, 2030?  At some point we need to take possession of our lives.  NOBODY is suggesting for that to happen before we can mitigate concerns.  If, for you, that means no cases any where in the country getting sick, that’s fine, but not for me.  Life at its fullest deserves to be lived that way, not carelessly, but not in a bubble.  Just my two cents, your opinion sounds different.

I have been pessimistic about the future of cruising, for two main reasons: first the cruising public will be reluctant to return to cruising. Almost everyday there are stories in the major media about infections on the cruise ships. Second, the cruise industry has over built- there are two many ships. Less passengers and two many ships will mean some of the ships will be docked and may never cruise again. Some of the ship will be sold for pennies on the dollar (to China?).  from what I understand Carnival is in a better position than some of the other cruise lines since the Carnival entered into this with less debt than some of the others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have been pessimistic about the future of cruising, for two main reasons: first the cruising public will be reluctant to return to cruising. Almost everyday there are stories in the major media about infections on the cruise ships. Second, the cruise industry has over built- there are two many ships. Less passengers and two many ships will mean some of the ships will be docked and may never cruise again. Some of the ship will be sold for pennies on the dollar (to China?).  from what I understand Carnival is in a better position than some of the other cruise lines since the Carnival entered into this with less debt than some of the others. 

Of course, all opinions count.  The one sided media view of cruising can certainly influence our views.  One might say over the top broadcasting.  I cannot argue the build market has gone crazy, they were at all time highs, whether they can fill these ships in the future remains to be seen.  I beleive the backlog of people who want to cruise to be strong, almost amazingly strong.  There will be no selling of assets on pennies on the dollars.  Carnival would love to sell some of their older fleet, and have had them on the market for a while (most notably Fantasy, for about 30 mill). That said, it would make zero sense to auction these assets off under price, it will not happen.

• Like 1

NCL yesterday said it is putting the majority of its fleet into long-term parking.
   "The majority of ships in the Company's fleet are currently transitioning to cold layup." 

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/04/27/2022503/0/en/Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Holdings-Ltd-Provides-Business-Update.html

That follows the early April SEC filing by CCL, in which the company announced “We currently estimate the substantial majority of our fleet will be in prolonged ship layup.”

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/8912eb63-49dd-4a1e-856a-8c2e316b3316 

Cruising simply is NOT coming back in the forseeable future.

So if some CC members wish to keep building their expectations while putting down $$ for trips that won't happen, well ... enjoy. But the rest of CC members can save themselves disappointment and expense by looking beyond phony "optimism."   

• Like 2