JOS vs EOS

While I am thinking about it, I was curious as to what y'all thought about Enchantment vs the Jewel?  I looked in the search engine.  Either I don't do well with the search engine or there really isn't much said about these two ships because they are not the big fancy ones.  

Has anyone sailed both?  What were your thoughts on the matter?

My DD loves the Broadway shows.  So shows are a must.  Do we loose that going from EOS to the JOS?

1 hour ago, casadetexas said:

While I am thinking about it, I was curious as to what y'all thought about Enchantment vs the Jewel?  I looked in the search engine.  Either I don't do well with the search engine or there really isn't much said about these two ships because they are not the big fancy ones.  

Has anyone sailed both?  What were your thoughts on the matter?

My DD loves the Broadway shows.  So shows are a must.  Do we loose that going from EOS to the JOS?

Neither has Broadway shows. 

I'd go with Jewel

• Like 1

All you get on those ships is the "Production" show....and some guest entertainers that rotate in and out from port to port.  

Jewel's solarium (adult pool) is under roof...so tanning isn't really able there...it's a "retractable" roof, which seems to stay closed, no matter the weather.

I've been on both although it's been quite a while since I've been on Enchantment. I'd recommend Jewel. The layout is much nicer. There are windows all over that give you great views of the water. There are also elevators that with glass windows that face the water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

All you get on those ships is the "Production" show....and some guest entertainers that rotate in and out from port to port.  

Jewel's solarium (adult pool) is under roof...so tanning isn't really able there...it's a "retractable" roof, which seems to stay closed, no matter the weather.

Enchantment solarium is covered and doesn't retract very often at all. As I recall it has doors that open on the upper level. 

Edited by John&LaLa

I’ve been on Enchantment and Radiance (sister of Jewel).  Jewel hands down. 
We have the TA booked on Jewel when it leaves Galveston and the B2B cruise thereafter. 

Edited by HicksRA

I have also sailed both.

The Enchantment has been our least favorite ship (16 cruises so far)

Loved the Jewel.

The only reason we did not care for the Enchantment is because, when they added the mid section to the ship with more cabins, they did not expand the public areas accordingly.  This made many areas, like the Windjammer, very overcrowded. Just my opinion.