Lift and shift. A new question

Has anyone had any exceptions made with the L&S offer?  We have a cruise booked this November and I would love to move it but we have 2 cruises booked for 2021. One is in October and the other in December so they both fall within the 4 week time frame. I wish we could do a b2b or 3 cruises in 3 months but it's just not possible. I will call later but just wanted to ask if anyone has has a similar issue. Thanks.

Guest BigRoger

Just to jump into this one with another question which I’ve not seen answered anywhere (I think) - can you lift and shift backwards or only forwards?

we've got a cruise in 2021 where we’d love to switch it to the equivalent in 2020!!!!! Can this be done or are there rules preventing this?

any help would be appreciated 

14 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Just to jump into this one with another question which I’ve not seen answered anywhere (I think) - can you lift and shift backwards or only forwards?

we've got a cruise in 2021 where we’d love to switch it to the equivalent in 2020!!!!! Can this be done or are there rules preventing this?

any help would be appreciated 

As far as I know, just needs to be in the 4 week period.  I had a client I just moved.  Original cruises was 8/30/20 and I moved it to 8/14/20.

47 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I could never find a dog sitter for all that time so close together. I am very picky but I pay very well. Want to apply for the job?

Bring your dog to me and I will take the job.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can only shift it once

I thought the other two were originally booked for those dates (2021) and he wants to shift a different (2020) cruise.  Not much choice when shifting, but easy to make changes to the others before final payment.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

As far as I know, just needs to be in the 4 week period.  I had a client I just moved.  Original cruises was 8/30/20 and I moved it to 8/14/20.

I thought it had to be one year +/- 4 weeks?

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bring your dog to me and I will take the job.

Thanks but I wouldn't wish 4 giant, hairy, shedding, drooling dogs on anyone! They are big babies but the mess they create needs to stay in my house.

• Haha 1

I know that you can lift and shift Caribbean cruises between regions (east, west, south), using the same category cabin, same number of days.   Does anyone know if the same rule applies for Europe (Med to Norwegian Fjords or Baltic)?

Guest BigRoger

Folks, thanks for the input.

Re backwards 'lifting' we asked Royal today and they said 'no way...' - albeit they couldn't explain why and couldn't point to anything in the rules which prevented it!

The reality is we can cancel under CWC and get 100% FCC for the 2021 deposit and apply it to a new 2020 booking... only loss really is the pricing of suite which was very competitive.....

all best and keep safe

13 hours ago, Sea Dayze said:

I know that you can lift and shift Caribbean cruises between regions (east, west, south), using the same category cabin, same number of days.   Does anyone know if the same rule applies for Europe (Med to Norwegian Fjords or Baltic)?

Haven't really heard of anyone trying this.............Try it and let us know?

5 hours ago, BigRoger said:

The reality is we can cancel under CWC and get 100% FCC for the 2021 deposit ... 

Can the 100% FCC be applied to another deposit.  We have only paid a NF deposit so far and would like to use CWC.  I was informed that we would have to pay another deposit and then use the FCC towards the final payment. ???  We have three B2B's booked.

1 hour ago, geomarc said:

Can the 100% FCC be applied to another deposit.  We have only paid a NF deposit so far and would like to use CWC.  I was informed that we would have to pay another deposit and then use the FCC towards the final payment. ???  We have three B2B's booked.

Unless the CWC covers the entire price of the new cruise, you need to pay the deposit with new money.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they will let you Lift and Shift an 8 day cruise to a 7 day with the same itinerary and cabin category? We have an 8 day Eastern Caribbean booked on Empress in Feb. 2021 which we hope goes but if it does not there is only one  8 day EC in Feb. 2022 and the week it goes does not work for us there are however several 7 day cruises that would.

Just now, Jcol5786 said:

Does anyone know if they will let you Lift and Shift an 8 day cruise to a 7 day with the same itinerary and cabin category? We have an 8 day Eastern Caribbean booked on Empress in Feb. 2021 which we hope goes but if it does not there is only one  8 day EC in Feb. 2022 and the week it goes does not work for us there are however several 7 day cruises that would.

No it has to be the same number of days

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:11 AM, BigRoger said:

- albeit they couldn't explain why and couldn't point to anything in the rules which prevented it!

It is very clear in the rules that cruises must be shifted to "next year" plus / minus 4 weeks

NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. Eligible for rebooking between now and August 1, 2020, guests can protect their original price and promotional offering simply by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Cruises must be the same length. I think I recall seeing one exception when there was NO other 8 day cruises.

Well I hope we will not need to move this cruise because we really want to try Empress. We even scored one of the larger OV rooms with 2 windows but with the uncertainty around the resumption of cruising and travel issues  from Canada and all the talk about RC getting rid of Empress it seems like a real possibility that we won't be going on this cruise. I know the L&S rules state same cruise length but if we are giving up a day it would seem reasonable that they would allow us to move to a 7 day cruise but who knows. Rules are rules.