Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

34 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

New PUP email received today 11/10.  50 points when you make a NEW air reservation through Flights by Celebrity.

I don't know.....I keep thinking that Celebrity may offer a contest one day where first prize is a year's worth of Flights by Celebrity and second prize is two year's worth......

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

What if you make the new air reservation with a new cruise reservation...and cancel it later? Like a month later...they take back the points??

(I imagine this has been asked before...but hey...) 

I have yet to read a first hand account of what really happens.  In the past, it is believed that Celebrity would claw back the points but their woeful IT skills may make them incapable of actually doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

but their woeful IT skills may make them incapable of actually doing it.

I'll admit that that has occurred to me. 

But I guess it wouldn't be very ethical on my part...somewhat akin to stealing I suppose...it just happened to pop into my mind unbidden...

3 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I have an existing FBC air reservation about a month or so old.  I wonder if they'd give me the points?

The email clearly declares that the reservation has to be made between tomorrow (Nov 11) and Dec 1.  However nothing prevents you from submitting the form within that time frame to see what happens.

34 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The email clearly declares that the reservation has to be made between tomorrow (Nov 11) and Dec 1.  However nothing prevents you from submitting the form within that time frame to see what happens.

That's exactly what I did and the form was not rejected.  We'll see whether the points show up or not.

49 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Do you think the same people that are upset because people publish the answers to quizzes will object to this approach?  Is there a difference?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Do you think the same people that are upset because people publish the answers to quizzes will object to this approach?  Is there a difference?

ipeeinthepools = istirthepots

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I have yet to read a first hand account of what really happens.  In the past, it is believed that Celebrity would claw back the points but their woeful IT skills may make them incapable of actually doing it.

They did for an excursion that I booked that was worth 5 points

19 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Thank you for a good laugh.  Yes the PUP points for a shore excursion that was cancelled were clawed back.

• Like 1