Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 11/10/2022 at 6:57 PM, love2crews. said:

New PUP email received today 11/10.  50 points when you make a NEW air reservation through Flights by Celebrity.

Did you need to go through some link or was calling OK? Purely by coincidence, I called and booked flights for my rescheduled 2023 Galapagos cruise on Friday. I was calling about seats for my February flights and got a REALLY GOOD agent, and he got me a great deal on my Quito flights. I was on the phone with him for over an hour and a half!

For some reason, I have stopped getting the Power-up Points emails. I wonder if there is a way to get them to restart?

Edited by MisterBill99

7 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Did you need to go through some link or was calling OK? Purely by coincidence, I called and booked flights for my rescheduled 2023 Galapagos cruise on Friday. I was calling about seats for my February flights and got a REALLY GOOD agent, and he got me a great deal on my Quito flights. I was on the phone with him for over an hour and a half!

For some reason, I have stopped getting the Power-up Points emails. I wonder if there is a way to get them to restart?

Calling is not sufficient. You have to register through a link supplied in the email. I did post the link earlier in this thread. 

Here is the link:

https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/swi2ndsm0fl?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_24010631&rid=146487201&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Preview BFCM 10 Nov 2022 EM&emsc=CCC_ELT_OUR_CAN_MH_USA_IL_12_TA&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=SURVEY_LINK&rcid=46691507

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Thank you! I guess I hadn't gone back far enough since I saw someone post about the offer but did not see the link. Also saw a post with the image and showing where to click, but that didn't do much good if you don't have the email. Just registered my wife and myself.

16 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Assuming you have a current cruise booked that you want Elite for,

1. Book a refundable cruise in the far future.
  2. Book airfare for that cruise under the current promo. Get 50 PowerUpPoints which become 5 CC points.
  3. Go on your scheduled cruise as Elite.
  4. Cancel the cruise booked in step 1.
  5. Lose the 5 CC points that were credited in step 2, but you already hit Elite with the points earned on the cruise from step 3.

Basically, you're taking out a loan on those CC points.

Nice shell game !  (what line of work are you in? lol)

Tom

18 hours ago, someguyfl said:

I'm now 3 points away from Elite ... Hopefully another decent Power-Up Promo comes up soon.

Me too!  I am now only 4 points away from Elite.  Praying to earn them by our February cruise!  Too bad we can't get the points until we complete the next cruise.   

19 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

2. Book airfare for that cruise under the current promo. Get 50 PowerUpPoints which become 5 CC points.
  5. Lose the 5 CC points that were credited in step 2, but you already hit Elite with the points earned on the cruise from step 3.

Better yet, book hundreds of refundable cruises way out and book flights to get to Zenith for your next cruise. T&Cs say 50 PUP per reservation, not per person.

A lot of money put down up front, but fully refundable.

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

Me too!  I am now only 4 points away from Elite.  Praying to earn them by our February cruise!  Too bad we can't get the points until we complete the next cruise.   

As it should be. Now you'll have something additional to look forward to on the cruise after you make elite. 

19 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Will they really claw back the points you got for booking the flights if you cancel later on? Is there any history of them doing this? I would personally suggest booking airfare for a cruise that you already have booked (assuming that it's far enough out), but of the "don't pay until final payment" variety. Then cancel the flights once you get your points, No money laid out like there would be if you booked a new cruise.

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Actually 2 PUPs, if earned by themselves, would be rounded up to the nearest whole number for captains club points.  So you earned 2 PUPs in a month, that would be converted to 1 CC point.

Seems to be a purely theoretical point though -- I think every PUP promo in the last year has been in multiples of 10. 

• Like 2