Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Exactly, which is why I am not worried about it.  We get one bag each as it is and I used OBC, of which we had a lot since we booked this cruise a year ago when you got OBC for Suites, to also book real laundry for regular clothes. 

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No, we are doing 13-night Best of Japan on Millennium 

Wow! Have fun!  We are on the one I mentioned. It’s the third leg of our b2b2b. 

5 hours ago, SpiritCruiser5 said:

Wow! Have fun!  We are on the one I mentioned. It’s the third leg of our b2b2b. 

So jealous.  We've done B2B but never a B2B2B.  Will have to see if I can talk my DW into that one of these days.  

I would love to do a repositioning cruise because I prefer sea days. 

My DH and I always cruise together and do the same PUP events.  When comparing points recently, I discovered he is like 13 points behind me.

Apparently, he hasn't gotten all his PUP points.

This goes back like over the last 2 years of hit and miss. I don't really want to call and try to explain this to someone at X.

Does anyone know how this works when I become Elite and he doesn't? Will he just not be able to attend the ?cocktail hour etc... benefits?

-Sunny

Married couples will be able to get matching points and tier status.

if you don’t want to call to get this corrected then report it to the Captains Club concierge on your next cruise and they can shoot an email to the loyalty desk to get the equality

Noticed today that my 3 CC points were awarded as some point after April 14 p.m., when I last checked.

Still trying to work out why I dropped off the CC email list recently... I only found out about this last CC-point opportunity via this thread. 🤔

cjr

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

When you solve that mystery, report back. 

I can tell you that I signed up again for the CC emails and am receiving the usual number of near-daily promos in my inbox. No CC "offer" yet, nor any notation of my/our CC status on anything I've received.

The other "mystery" I'd like to solve is how to eliminate the epilepsy-inducing emails Celebrity is sending recently, as well as the music accompanying it. The constant photo-changes are distracting, and the music is just too much... 😄

cjr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

I can tell you that I signed up again for the CC emails and am receiving the usual number of near-daily promos in my inbox. No CC "offer" yet, nor any notation of my/our CC status on anything I've received.

The other "mystery" I'd like to solve is how to eliminate the epilepsy-inducing emails Celebrity is sending recently, as well as the music accompanying it. The constant photo-changes are distracting, and the music is just too much... 😄

cjr

Yes that nonsense is another case of new Celebrity lunacy. I have an iPhone, iPad and Mac. On the iPhone, iPad and Mac in settings Mail I changed Privacy Protection to Block all remote content and Hide IP address. That stops it. An additional positive to those settings is that you will be protected from malicious code imbedded in images. The negatives are that if you want to see images you will have to click “load images” in the particular email and those settings will be for all your email not just from Celebrity. The only other alternative I know  is not to open Celebrity emails.

If you have Android there are possibly similar settings.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Same. Signed up again ( and again ) but have received nothing this year. No Power up points emails but daily marketing promotions. Thank you to the posters who post the opportunity for the points. It’s the only way I know. I’ve contacted CS and their reply was to sign up again . Umm thanks? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

Same. Signed up again ( and again ) but have received nothing this year. No Power up points emails but daily marketing promotions. Thank you to the posters who post the opportunity for the points. It’s the only way I know. I’ve contacted CS and their reply was to sign up again . Umm thanks? 

I gave up a long time ago.  I used to get the PUP e-mails and then one day they mysteriously stopped.  The marketing stuff continues to flow, however.  My best advise is to follow this thread.  There is always some kind soul who announces that a new PUP opportunity has arrived.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, Stem to Stern said:

Woo hoo!  

Each of our totals now reflect 3 more club points for the webinar.  

Coincidentally these points were received on the same day as the club points for our recent sailing we debarked from a week ago today. 

We also both received our additional day’s worth of points for participating in Celebrity's Go Green program.  
Today we also made a deposit on the Mardi Gras 2026 cruise.  Yay!

So, when is the next Power Up Points opportunity?🤣

Just out of curiosity....how do you sign up for Celebrity's Go Green program?

Thanks,

Diane

1 hour ago, SEAGURRL said:

Just out of curiosity....how do you sign up for Celebrity's Go Green program?

Thanks,

Diane

We received an email a few days before our sail date asking if we would like to Go Green Programme. We have had 2 Go Green cruises and were asked both times to participate.  We accepted and are just back from our last cruise and I have to say I didn't really notice any reduction in our stateroom service. Our cabin steward still came twice a day to clean/tidy and replenish towels.

• Like 4

I tried to sign in yesterday and couldn’t…today I followed advice and was able to change my password and get in.  I see that my points arrived…4 of them.  I was wondering why others were talking about 3…. EM

36 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I tried to sign in yesterday and couldn’t…today I followed advice and was able to change my password and get in.  I see that my points arrived…4 of them.  I was wondering why others were talking about 3…. EM

You should be able to go to your Points History and see why you got certain points.  The previous PUP opportunity in February was for 1 point so perhaps you just saw the February and March points.

image.png.b70d63b988da2f5880e48ed72a525214.png

10 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You should be able to go to your Points History and see why you got certain points.  The previous PUP opportunity in February was for 1 point so perhaps you just saw the February and March points.

image.png.b70d63b988da2f5880e48ed72a525214.png

Ive only had invites to two webinars, December for 5 and March for 4.  EM

Just went back to my points page and found the survey point.  Didn’t realize that was a point exercise.

Edited by Essiesmom

Has anyone had any experience with points not update but activity does? For example... I have been at 238 points since last December. We went on a cruise in January that should have earned 30 points plus a couple power up points... Point total not changing but activity is showing..

Any help?

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes that nonsense is another case of new Celebrity lunacy. I have an iPhone, iPad and Mac. On the iPhone, iPad and Mac in settings Mail I changed Privacy Protection to Block all remote content and Hide IP address. That stops it. An additional positive to those settings is that you will be protected from malicious code imbedded in images. The negatives are that if you want to see images you will have to click “load images” in the particular email and those settings will be for all your email not just from Celebrity. The only other alternative I know  is not to open Celebrity emails.

Yes, after scouring my Celebrity account settings, hoping to disable that behavior, I ended up disabling it on my Apple stuff, as well.

I thought I would feel annoyed that I had to selectively click "load remote content" for each email if I wished, but it really hasn't been a problem. Moreover, the Celebrity emails no longer grate on my nerves! 🥳

cjr

• Like 1

23 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Agree. Monitoring this thread is probably the most reliable way to discover/take advantage of the CC PUP offers.

cjr

• Like 2