Well looks like we are looking at oct.

bikerunner

1 hour ago, spendless said:

Celebrity have cancelled all Europe sailings until Oct and I don't see them doing any that late in season. We have a booking to Canaries and will not be going as too many unknowns.

The 28 September Silhouette Canary Islands sailing is still listed.  I'm anticipating Celebrity some time later today will announce  cancellation of all cruises up to 15 September.  But I have to agree  the remaining 2020 Europe season  does not look promising due to too many unknowns.  The wild card is Apex,  how and will TA take place?

We are due to go on October 9th sailing - waiting for Celebrity announcements which are reportedly due today. The chances are high we will cancel. Having only paid the deposit we would be happy to re-book for the same cruise next year, but would not wish to tie up the money if we have paid the full amount.

As Spanish ports are closed indefinitely to cruise ships, Silhouette is in the Bahamas and for many other reasons I expect Celebrity will, in any case, write off the European season like Princess and P&O.

We are due to go to India next March and cruise back from Singapore. Unless there is a vaccine doubt we will be doing this either. Already missed China this year - boy do we need a holiday. But having had a friend who spent two weeks on a ventilator with Covid-19 need to get priorities right (he did recover).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

The 28 September Silhouette Canary Islands sailing is still listed.  I'm anticipating Celebrity some time later today will announce  cancellation of all cruises up to 15 September.  But I have to agree  the remaining 2020 Europe season  does not look promising due to too many unknowns.  The wild card is Apex,  how and will TA take place?

I cannot see the TA occuring with paid passengers onboard. This would go against EVERY guideline about restarting cruises. I can bet you 100% the Edge will sail to the US without passengers so it can do Caribbean cruises as it's first restart Cruises.

Perhaps there will be cruises without Americans. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

BRUSSELS — European Union countries rushing to revive their economies and reopen their borders after months of coronavirus restrictions are prepared to block Americans from entering because the United States has failed to control the scourge, according to draft lists of acceptable travelers seen by The New York Times.

That prospect, which would lump American visitors in with Russians and Brazilians as unwelcome, is a stinging blow to American prestige in the world and a repudiation of President Trump’s handling of the virus in the United States, which has more than 2.3 million cases and upward of 120,000 deaths, more than any other country.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:53 AM, TeeRick said:

They could go old school and not use pre-filled single dose syringes.  Just bulk vaccine in multiple doses in sterile vials.  Use the traditional syringes with disposable needles.  

Or the jet gun delivery systems that were common in the military.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I cannot see the TA occuring with paid passengers onboard. This would go against EVERY guideline about restarting cruises. I can bet you 100% the Edge will sail to the US without passengers so it can do Caribbean cruises as it's first restart Cruises.

That makes sense...flying to Europe  involves a long flight from US. Who wants to take that risk and wear a mask?.

Cruising start ups here and abroad would be best  if kept fairly local.....just in case! Makes sense although a disappointment for many!

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

That makes sense...flying to Europe  involves a long flight from US. Who wants to take that risk and wear a mask?. But what EU, European  or British cruisers can clear coming across the pond..Would they have to be in quarantine?

Cruising start ups here and abroad would be best  if kept fairly local.....just in case! Makes sense although a disappointment for many!

Sorry..sort if a dbl post..cannot edit!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

Perhaps there will be cruises without Americans. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

BRUSSELS — European Union countries rushing to revive their economies and reopen their borders after months of coronavirus restrictions are prepared to block Americans from entering because the United States has failed to control the scourge, according to draft lists of acceptable travelers seen by The New York Times.

That prospect, which would lump American visitors in with Russians and Brazilians as unwelcome, is a stinging blow to American prestige in the world and a repudiation of President Trump’s handling of the virus in the United States, which has more than 2.3 million cases and upward of 120,000 deaths, more than any other country.

Each U.S. State is in  charge  of re-opening schedules. Some States and cities  have their own rules! That's  how federalism works.   Can't lay everything on the Feds, esp when help is not requested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The Edge is already in the Caribbean.  Anchored off of the Bahamas.  Been there since March.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chachabell said:

The Edge is already in the Caribbean.  Anchored off of the Bahamas.  Been there since March.

I think the response was meant for the Apex which is scheduled for a TA from Europe before starting Caribbean cruises,for which I'm scheduled on the November 15th sailing. In any case my OPINION still remains that the Apex TA will sail without paying passengers to restart Caribbean cruises from Florida. 

39 minutes ago, hcat said:

Each U.S. State is in  charge  of re-opening schedules. Some States and cities  have their own rules! That's  how federalism works.   Can't lay everything on the Feds, esp when help is not requested.

Until this administration, the federal government would coordinate with the various states on a unified approach to a problem that doesn't respect lines on a map.  This is exactly the type of issue that the federal government should be leading, which governors from both parties have said, too.  Travel bans for U.S. citizens are directly related to the approach that was taken.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Yes. And add to that the fact that the the rates of infection/death are not equal across each state.

The state we live in has one of the lowest infection/death rates in the country and our county has the lowest percentage in the state. 
It's a shame that we might be not be able to board our October cruise from Barcelona because of this ban.

(And we would wear masks on our long distance flights, no problem. 😉)

Edited by C-Dragons

15 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Until this administration, the federal government would coordinate with the various states on a unified approach to a problem that doesn't respect lines on a map.  This is exactly the type of issue that the federal government should be leading, which governors from both parties have said, too.  Travel bans for U.S. citizens are directly related to the approach that was taken.

Lets not get too political but in my memory the individual states and their governors declared themselves in charge.  Both for shutdowns and then for openings.  I agree that is a general reason we have the patchwork infection response in the US.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:12 AM, TeeRick said:

Lets not get too political but in my memory the individual states and their governors declared themselves in charge.  Both for shutdowns and then for openings.  I agree that is a general reason we have the patchwork infection response in the US.

I just read today where the European Union (EU) is considering banning flights from the USA.  How sad this is for our country as well as embarrassing.  We canceled our September 19th Silhouette cruise and I could only wonder how I would have felt if the cruise had sailed and we could not fly to Europe!  At this point we will be so glad to sail and we will gladly wear masks and  practice social distancing too!!!  Just get us in a ship as soon as possible!

• Like 3

On 6/24/2020 at 6:12 AM, TeeRick said:

Actually, the feds said it was up to the states. Some super aggressive and some were slackers. There has been no unified command.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sasset said:

Actually, the feds said it was up to the states. Some super aggressive and some were slackers. There has been no unified command.

The main reason the Feds said it was up to the states is because when it comes to public health enforcement the decisions and power does reside with the states and not the federal government.  If you think back originally the President did say that he had the power to direct.  However, that only lasted a day or too, then the word was that it was up to the states.  I suspect the change was due to his finding out that the Feds do not have power to direct public health enforcement, except at the US borders and in certain circumstances when it comes to crossing state lines, but has no authority inside of an individual state.

• Like 1