Carnival New Cancellations online

chrisnsal

Is anyone else having a hard time to do this cancellation online?  They send you an email with a link to get the refund, or FOC  yet, it doesn't recognize my booking!!! Anyone else have this issue?  I trued calling, after 9 mins on hold. I hung up, tried to do it online.  But that isn't working!  UGH!!

I was just able to cancel online successfully, and got the generic "we have received your selection and are processing it" message back within minutes. Could've been a glitch - might want to try it again. Good Luck! 

I wouldn't trust doing the online election, anway.  This is my third cancelled cruise and I have had people from the first two report not getting their refunds and then calling and having Carnival say that they never made an election.

8 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

I wouldn't trust doing the online election, anway.  This is my third cancelled cruise and I have had people from the first two report not getting their refunds and then calling and having Carnival say that they never made an election.

Yeah, im  just going to call when i have the chance.  keep it in my ear.  We are going to re book one more time. Im thinking February.  But if this gets cancelled, then I may be done!

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

If you make a selection once and try to do it again you will get a message saying they have already received it. It's a good way to double check 

I did mine on line  and  shortly thereafter received an email saying   

Thank for you making your online selection. This email acknowledgment confirms that your request has been submitted. By using this automated process, you are helping us efficiently process the many cancellations resulting from our recent announcement. We appreciate your patience as we continue our temporary work from home status related to office closures in South Florida. We are committed to processing all requests as quickly as possible, and look forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Please stay safe and healthy.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chrisnsal said:

update... nope not working, keeps saying they cant find my info and to call! UGH

It's possible you aren't entering in the info exactly as it is on the booking.

Extra space? o for 0? Maybe try cut/paste you booking number into the form so you are sure it is correct.

Also double check your name. A relative I cruise with has a hyphenated last name and for some reason Carnival won't recognize the hyphen so she has to write her last name as 1 long word for their documents. 

Did you use a TA? My first cancellation it wouldn't let me fill out the form because the TA hadn't contacted them yet. This time I was smart and emailed my TA before I went to bed right after the cancellations  were done, and while it was still showing up on my planner and not "fully" canceled yet, I was able to fill out the form to have the funds transferred over online. 

No no TA. And yes it’s the exact name and booking number. It’s the new booking. But this is another cancellation. I tried calling this morning first thing. And of course they weren’t open yet!  I’ll try again. Thanks so much for your help !

If I was everyone and most importantly have had two cruises canceled during this time I would call Carnival instead of doing the cancellation online. Both of my son in laws and myself went online and followed the steps to ask for a full refund. One son in law decided to call Carnival just to give some peace of mind and he's sure glad he did. They first said they never received his info online and secondly they were shorting him $1,000 on the refund. So my other son in law and myself decided to also call. The same thing was told to us that they never received ours online and they were trying to short my son in law $500 and myself $800. All three of the shortage calculations stemmed from the first cruise that was cancelled in May. They were only trying to refund an amount from the present cancelled cruise and not the first one. All three of us separately spent around two hours on the phone with Carnival to clear this matter up. If we hadn't had called and remained persistent(they were repeatedly trying to only refund the lesser amount)then I am sure we would not have received our full refund. This happened to all three of us so I can only imagine how many thousands of people that this has happened to and if they didn't pay attention to their credit card and notice the shortage then think of the money Carnival swindled out of all these people. 

We have been cruising since 1990 and the only cruise line we have used has been Carnival. I don't fault them for complying with the CDC and pausing since March but this situation has turned me somewhat with them. I can say it might be an isolated incident but with all three of us having the same problem makes me think lots of people are going to run into the same problem. Just be aware and check your credit cards for your correct refund amount instead of taking their word for it. 

22 hours ago, chrisnsal said:

Is anyone else having a hard time to do this cancellation online?  They send you an email with a link to get the refund, or FOC  yet, it doesn't recognize my booking!!! Anyone else have this issue?  I trued calling, after 9 mins on hold. I hung up, tried to do it online.  But that isn't working!  UGH!!

Sorry to read that you are having challenges with getting that taken care of.  If should be easier, for sure.

I'm still awaiting my initial e-mail about the cancellation so I can use the provided link to [hopefully] advise CCL of my decision. I have/had five sailings scheduled before end of calendar year, and this is the first of the COVID cancellations. I'll wait another day until reaching out to my Personal Vacation Planner, who is swamped with a backlog of things.

As far as our situation, I did the online cancellation and got an email response but decided to call anyway and the very nice agent  told me it had not been cancelled yet as the online method is very slow. So he went in an manually processed the cancellation and said it should take about two weeks. He could not have done a better job and all the figures were verified as well, so at least I feel better about this part of it. Could not believe I was connected in two minutes. 

44 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

As far as our situation, I did the online cancellation and got an email response but decided to call anyway and the very nice agent  told me it had not been cancelled yet as the online method is very slow. So he went in an manually processed the cancellation and said it should take about two weeks. He could not have done a better job and all the figures were verified as well, so at least I feel better about this part of it. Could not believe I was connected in two minutes. 

I agree with calling.  When I called Carnival, she went over every step with me.  If there had been a problem, I could have worked it out at that time.

• Like 1

It doesn't recognize my booking number and my PVP has probably been furloughed because i"ve been emailing her for weeks and no response. Guess I'll try calling when the wait time is less than it was earlier.

2 hours ago, lisa702 said:

It doesn't recognize my booking number and my PVP has probably been furloughed because i"ve been emailing her for weeks and no response. Guess I'll try calling when the wait time is less than it was earlier.

The number that works quickly for me is 800-438-6744  and when prompted enter ex  70025  and when the recording says new booking select that

1 hour ago, 48traveler said:

The number that works quickly for me is 800-438-6744  and when prompted enter ex  70025  and when the recording says new booking select that

Hi! We were booked on the same cruise I think,Dream 9/14.  Are you re booking? We are thinking May 2021