Here's the latest statement from Princess regarding refunds

CineGraphic

9 minutes ago, Cruise frenzy said:

What October cruise was cancelled?  And, what 2 November cruises do you anticipate cancelling?  Thanks

Vancouver-based 10 day California Coastal was cancelled due to Canadian restrictions, and the two I foresee being cancelled are b2b sailings on the Caribbean Princess, based solely on my gut instinct, although I'd love to be wrong on this and sail as planned. We were on the Caribbean Princess in mid-February, just as things started to get crazy, so it might be interesting to see how different the cruising experience will be.

Edited by CineGraphic

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

. Finally today talked to customer relations supervisor who agreed our booking refund  should  have already been processed and added a code and forwarded to financial department. 

I got that answer and "special forwarding to the financial dept" a month ago. It's all a standard answer to get you off the phone supposedly happier and it is BS. I'm over the 90 days and waiting.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I got that answer and "special forwarding to the financial dept" a month ago. It's all a standard answer to get you off the phone supposedly happier and it is BS. I'm over the 90 days and waiting.

Lol, I just told my husband when he got home from work about the entire conversation today and we both agreed it could of been more PR BS. 

🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I also got that answer about 6 weeks ago - 104 days and still waiting. I was also told it was processed April 29th. I was also told a cheque for excursion refund was mailed March 15th. I was also told that the booking was incorrectly tagged but now that it was corrected it would be fast tracked. The list goes on. Every rep has a different response/reason. I no longer need to talk with Princess as I disputed with Paypal and my 2 credit cards used. Paypal has ruled in my favour (shore excursions) and I have temp credits on both cards so now the bank can negotiate with Princess until it gets sorted. Either way, I know I am getting my money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I also got that answer about 6 weeks ago - 104 days and still waiting. I was also told it was processed April 29th. I was also told a cheque for excursion refund was mailed March 15th. I was also told that the booking was incorrectly tagged but now that it was corrected it would be fast tracked. The list goes on. Every rep has a different response/reason. I no longer need to talk with Princess as I disputed with Paypal and my 2 credit cards used. Paypal has ruled in my favour (shore excursions) and I have temp credits on both cards so now the bank can negotiate with Princess until it gets sorted. Either way, I know I am getting my money.

Great idea i will do that too

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:
REFUND & FCC UPDATE: We understand the frustration over the delays in receiving a refund for your cancelled vacation. Since our last update on June 3, we continue to make progress and would like to provide the following updates on what to expect:
- Because we respect our guest’s money and time, processing refunds has remained one of our top priorities since our company paused operations. Despite significantly increasing people resources in this area, we needed to also ramp up our systems capabilities to be able to handle higher volume and significant complexity. With a global scope, our refund process is an involved one, dealing with 13 different currencies and various payment methods.
- Our teammates are making their way through the backlog more quickly now and have completed nearly 60% of refunds so far.
- Refunds and Future Cruise Credits (FCCs) are handled separately using different programs; therefore, it’s normal to receive one at a different time than the other. In many circumstances, your full Future Cruise Credit amount will be made up of two or three separate FCCs.
- Likewise, refunds may also come to you as a series of payments, rather than one lump sum. For example, your cruise fare, shore excursions and pre-cruise onboard purchases are processed separately, so you may not receive those amounts at the same time depending on the method of payment.
- Even if you requested an FCC, some transactions are automatically refunded unless you move them to a new reservation. These include flexible air fares, hotel packages, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection, and taxes, fees & port expenses.
Although we can’t give a specific date as to when the refund will be received, please know that we’re working as hard as we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we do our very best during this extraordinary time.

A whole lot of words that say nothing! I'm glad we only have a few hundred dollars owed to us unlike many who have several thousands. Luckily, I saw the writing on the wall and cancelled with a supposedly refundable deposit before they cancelled after the original due date for final payment.

4 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

We cancelled our cruise out of Denmark almost three months ago... Princess cancelled soon thereafter.. I have called weekly for the past month and I am told the same garbage... "to be patient and that refunds are being processed"  We even put on extra staff to accommodate the request for refunds.  I have e mailed Jan Swartz the CEO to no avail..... It appears that people who complain on Facebook receive their refunds.  Can I sue them in Small Claims Court? 

I institute a complaint in NSW fair trading - I finally got "some response" from Princess.  I have received some money back, but it appears they have shortpaid me - I paid in one lump sum for the cruise only, no add ons, but by my calculations, even with the change in exchange rates, I have been defrauded of over $400 AUD.  Princess are refusing compensation for their lack of action but I am still pursuing the matter, however it is some consolation that I have received the bulk of my money back.

You 

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

A whole lot of words that say nothing! I'm glad we only have a few hundred dollars owed to us unlike many who have several thousands. Luckily, I saw the writing on the wall and cancelled with a supposedly refundable deposit before they cancelled after the original due date for final payment.

Dear Jan S., 

Thank you for such a heartfelt update.  Please allow me to show you the very same respect for your time and money and allow you to adjust my future cruise Final Payment dates to 0 days prior to cruising. 

Please know that because I respect Princess’ money and time, processing final payment to you the day before cruising will remain one of our top priorities.  I appreciate your continued patience and understanding with this cash flow adjustment, but I know that you will do your very best during this extraordinary time. 

Sincerely,

Me

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Dear Jan S., 

Thank you for such a heartfelt update.  Please allow me to show you the very same respect for your time and money and allow you to adjust my future cruise Final Payment dates to 0 days prior to cruising. 

Please know that because I respect Princess’ money and time, processing final payment to you the day before cruising will remain one of our top priorities.  I appreciate your continued patience and understanding with this cash flow adjustment, but I know that you will do your very best during this extraordinary time. 

Sincerely,

Me

You are way too efficient. Final payment should be due within 90 days after your cruise returns. Or whatever timeline you feel like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jsb1954 said:

Nice letter. I am tired of calling every week. American Express is great with disputes.  I will be filing one if i do not receive my refund  by close of business June 30.  

Honestly, I wouldn't wait. Do it now - if Princess comes through then the provisional credit just drops off. Make sure to be very specific when disputing that this is for services not received as opposed to an unauthorized/fraudulent transaction. They have different deadlines to apply - the services not received is around 120 days from the date the service was meant to be given (so in this case your cruise date). It's a much shorter window for fraudulent transactions. Make sure you have the exact amounts charged to the card and the dates of the transactions, along with the date the cruise was cancelled and the dates/what you have done to contact Princess to resolve. Just an FYI - both my credit cards state 15-20 days as a reasonable wait time for refunds, so you shouldn't have any issue when you tell them how long you have been waiting. Good luck. It certainly takes away the stress of not knowing if you will ever get your money back!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

Wow,  Our sailing date was May 28th from Copenhagen...  They told us that they were doing in date order.   lies lies and more lies.

They originally tried to do it in sailing date order, but in a presentation about a month ago said that it was not efficient that way. They did not then say in what order they are doing them.

10 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Our October cruise was cancelled and I foresee both of our November sailings being cancelled as well, but I have faith that I will be taken care of, and understand that timelines cannot always be met as intended.

In the presentation they made about a month ago they said that as the Pause 1 work was almost ending that their work processes had improved and they expected the Pause 2 and Pause 3 FCCs/refunds to be processed much faster than the Pause 1 ones were.

• Like 1

I will be calling one more time today... asking for a supervisor ..... and  if i feel he/she is giving me more stories (as I have been reading on Cruise Critic), come July 1, I will be calling American Express and file a dispute and let them deal with Princess.    Why didn't I think of this in the first place.   Someone on CC gave me that suggestion. 😀

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

Celebrity are no better. I have refunds due from both.

I will be calling one more time today... asking for a supervisor ..... and  if i feel he/she is giving me more stories (as I have been reading on Cruise Critic), come July 1, I will be calling American Express and file a dispute and let them deal with Princess.    Why didn't I think of this in the first place.   Someone on CC gave me that suggestion.

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't wait. Do it now - if Princess comes through then the provisional credit just drops off. Make sure to be very specific when disputing that this is for services not received as opposed to an unauthorized/fraudulent transaction. They have different deadlines to apply - the services not received is around 120 days from the date the service was meant to be given (so in this case your cruise date). It's a much shorter window for fraudulent transactions. Make sure you have the exact amounts charged to the card and the dates of the transactions, along with the date the cruise was cancelled and the dates/what you have done to contact Princess to resolve. Just an FYI - both my credit cards state 15-20 days as a reasonable wait time for refunds, so you shouldn't have any issue when you tell them how long you have been waiting. Good luck. It certainly takes away the stress of not knowing if you will ever get your money back!

Thank you.... I received many great suggestions here..... It is too bad that I don't see myself cruising any time soon.   Typically we take at least two cruises a year.  We are retired and look forward to hopping on a cruise when we feel like it.   

We had prepaid our gratuities for our Mar 14th cruise using PayPal.  Princess refunded our EZAir and port taxes fairly soon after the cancellation, but not the cruise fare, of course (option 2) and not the gratuities.  I asked Princess via email about the gratuity refund and heard nothing and then inquired two weeks later and again heard nothing.  I contacted Princess by phone and was told the PayPal refund had been issued twice on approximately the same dates as my emails and the refunds were subsequently rejected by PayPal.  Princess even gave me the transaction numbers involved.  I was told, therefore, that Princess said they would cut me a check and I would get it in 4-6 weeks. Never happened, of course!  I, therefore, opened a dispute with PayPal and after 10 days I was told the dispute was in my favor and I received the credit for my prepaid gratuities. 

To my surprise my complete cruise fare refund and FCC was received 3 days later which made me wonder if the PayPal dispute hadn't forced Princess to at least open my file and look at it.  Might have been a coincidence but we did get our refunds after 94 days.

17 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

Simply a way to save cash!!!!!!  I will never sail on Princess again!

That's where we are.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

And we are Elite.  The loyalty bennies from other lines are better anyway/

• Like 1

Like I mentioned on 153+ Refund page thread....... disputing on my credit card worked.

Waiting on Princess, hasn't worked for me on my 3 cancelled cruises this year.

If you got unlimited Patience, and don't care When you get your funds returned?

There ya go.  

You got more patience than many of us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

We had prepaid our gratuities for our Mar 14th cruise using PayPal.  Princess refunded our EZAir and port taxes fairly soon after the cancellation, but not the cruise fare, of course (option 2) and not the gratuities.  I asked Princess via email about the gratuity refund and heard nothing and then inquired two weeks later and again heard nothing.  I contacted Princess by phone and was told the PayPal refund had been issued twice on approximately the same dates as my emails and the refunds were subsequently rejected by PayPal.  Princess even gave me the transaction numbers involved.  I was told, therefore, that Princess said they would cut me a check and I would get it in 4-6 weeks. Never happened, of course!  I, therefore, opened a dispute with PayPal and after 10 days I was told the dispute was in my favor and I received the credit for my prepaid gratuities. 

To my surprise my complete cruise fare refund and FCC was received 3 days later which made me wonder if the PayPal dispute hadn't forced Princess to at least open my file and look at it.  Might have been a coincidence but we did get our refunds after 94 days.

I had the same Paypal experience/conversation! I booked shore excursions and paid via Paypal. Princess claimed they were refunded but rejected by Paypal and that a cheque was mailed on March 15th. Obviously, never received said cheque, so disputed with Paypal and ruled in my favour within 14 days. That's ALL I have gotten refunded thus far from my March 14th sailing. I have since disputed with my two credit cards used and have temporary credits on both.