Here's the latest statement from Princess regarding refunds

CineGraphic

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

It is indeed.  I filed on 5/5 and two different Chase cards (different divisions) never asked me for anything and I got all of my money back, except maybe some minimal stragglers.

Wow!! and they call me lucky. 
Tony

I have been waiting for over 3 months now for Princess to refund nearly A$40K (that's US$27.5K) and all Princess can say to me is

BE PATIENT

I think I have been patient as calls, emails and a letter to the Carnival Australia President don't seem to work It is pleasing to know that Princess

UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION

All I can say to Princess is that it is no way to run a business especially in these unprecedented times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jandaville said:

I have been waiting for over 3 months now for Princess to refund nearly A$40K (that's US$27.5K) and all Princess can say to me is

BE PATIENT

I think I have been patient as calls, emails and a letter to the Carnival Australia President don't seem to work It is pleasing to know that Princess

UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION

All I can say to Princess is that it is no way to run a business especially in these unprecedented times.

Can you dispute it? 

12 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I asked today which State to complain to as was going to file a complaint with Attorney General as person I spoke with told me we requested an fcc when we requested a refund. Then retracted statement and asked me to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com to see if I could resolve first before I report them!

I filed my dispute with AE yesterday... Now all I need to do is answer some questions and my AE and my credit will appear on my account shortly... I was told.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Can you dispute it? 

I filed a dispute with AE yesterday... They said they will credit my AE account shortly and they will handle Princess. 

That is what you should do... Best of luck

4 hours ago, dog said:

Can you dispute it? 

Most of the payment was via bank transfer. The 10% amount paid by CC cannot be disputed as my CC provider says that whilst Princess are offering refunds I have to wait ( or as Princess would say BE PATIENT as they are working very hard to get the refunds done).

I have one outstanding email at Princess where the person seems to show some concern and is trying to follow it up. Unfortunately all refund processing is happening in the USA so time differences and as they said in their last communication they are dealing with 13 FXs - I will gladly do the maths for them.  Princess do hold all the aces and they know it.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, CineGraphic said:

It's been reported countless times in multiple threads that this isn't the case. H

ow can they be done in order, when the work is divided up amongst people working from home with no direct management looking over their shoulders? Add to that the fact that they now have to check if a customer has contested the charge before they even work on your file, and then again before the refund is issued to prevent double refunds, and you can see why they are backed up. Our October cruise was cancelled and I foresee both of our November sailings being cancelled as well, but I have faith that I will be taken care of, and understand that timelines cannot always be met as intended.

Since February, millions of employees have been working from home.  I assume they do a decent job, or they wouldn't continue

to have a good job.    Additionally, princess had lots of phone-representatives working from home prior to this.

They should have experience managing the work-from-home situation.

Not everyone needs 'direct management looking over their shoulders', to actually do their job.

That the work isn't being done in any order is again management's fault.

Simply decide on an order ... cruise date, cancel date, lastname, etc.

...very easy to create order in this situation.

At the beginning of every week, management assigns some cases to each employee to work on.

Select these cases in the desired order...

When they employee finishes those cases, they ask for more.

Management continues to assign cases in the desired order.

There might be a little variance from the desired order, but in general it will follow whatever path

was decided on.

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Photofinish4 said:

I got my money back on credit card June 18 for May 30 cruise to Alaska

Would you mind telling me where would your cruise have embarked from?  We were to have left from Vancouver on May 20, 2020 for a 14-day cruise to Alaska.  Princess cancelled us and we are still waiting for a refund.  Called Princess and all I was told was it was in the que. I asked if she could tell me where about in the que and she said, "no."

Cruise on the Enchanted July 1st, cancelled in the previous wave of cancellations. Got my first lot of refunds 3 days ago, and my second lot yesterday, all to my bank account direct, not my credit card. Odd, but I am pleased at last to have all my money. Plus they gave me Out Of Pocket expenses for a cancelled flight which was not their fault, that I had paid separately for. Cant fault them for that!

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Would you mind telling me where would your cruise have embarked from?  We were to have left from Vancouver on May 20, 2020 for a 14-day cruise to Alaska.  Princess cancelled us and we are still waiting for a refund.  Called Princess and all I was told was it was in the que. I asked if she could tell me where about in the que and she said, "no."

We are sharing your frustration.  We are in 92 days waiting for refund and Princess told us the same thing that they are working on it.

Cancelled March 23 for June 13 sailing 14 days Norway.  They told us it would be 10 to 15 days and still waiting.  We called them several times when we hit 30 days mark and our TA made some calls too but still no action from Princess.

We might be wrong on this observation but it seems if the refund with alot of $$$$ Princess is dragging for feet very slow.  We will wait until the end of the week and probably will file a complaint with BBB.

Hanging there you are not alone.  Probably will no longer sail with Princess again.

Our cruise was on the Princess Star out of Copenhagen.. Yesterday I filed a dispute with AE.... They told me that they would handle it....They would issue me a statement credit and they will deal with the company....They also told me that they have hundreds of disputes.... I am done with Princess.. Horrible business practices......Not sure the others are much better. 

9 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

I filed my dispute with AE yesterday... Now all I need to do is answer some questions and my AE and my credit will appear on my account shortly... I was told.

The problem is we booked with a TA who instead of paying Princess with our card took payment then paid Princess. So TA doesn’t have money as not been refunded. 

5 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

The problem is we booked with a TA who instead of paying Princess with our card took payment then paid Princess. So TA doesn’t have money as not been refunded. 

why should you care ?? - I'd file a dispute with the credit card company IMMEDIATELY !!! - let the TA have their account charged back  

ChattTenn:  So sorry to hear that your refund has been delayed.  I just wish Princess would stick to one format.  I was told that refunds were being made in the order of the Voyages --- I know that is not true because there have been refunds for cruises after mine and going to the same place, on the same ship.  I also saw where there was a refund for a 2021 cruise --- that definitely should have come after yours and mine.  There are so many people who are way overdue for refunds.  I realize that these are unusual times.  However, I expected more from Princess in the way of organization of refunds.  Since I picked Option 1 for both my cruises I am now stuck with a lot of FCC.  I have already rebooked my cancelled cruises for next year (used Future Cruise Deposits for those.) HOWEVER, not sure how much longer I will remain loyal to Princess.

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why should you care ?? - I'd file a dispute with the credit card company IMMEDIATELY !!! - let the TA have their account charged back  

Because if everyone did that and the TA doesn’t get refunds then the TA will just file for bankruptcy then we will be there forever waiting.

1 minute ago, Spurschick said:

Because if everyone did that and the TA doesn’t get refunds then the TA will just file for bankruptcy then we will be there forever waiting.

is this the first time you had used this TA ? - were you aware of the arrangement between the TA and Princess regarding payments ?

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We are sharing your frustration.  We are in 92 days waiting for refund and Princess told us the same thing that they are working on it.

Cancelled March 23 for June 13 sailing 14 days Norway.  They told us it would be 10 to 15 days and still waiting.  We called them several times when we hit 30 days mark and our TA made some calls too but still no action from Princess.

We might be wrong on this observation but it seems if the refund with alot of $$$$ Princess is dragging for feet very slow.  We will wait until the end of the week and probably will file a complaint with BBB.

Hanging there you are not alone.  Probably will no longer sail with Princess again.

When I asked our TA about refunds, he said that the refund department was not answering their phones.

I wonder if Princess realizes how many past customers are now saying never again to Princess.

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

When I asked our TA about refunds, he said that the refund department was not answering their phones.

I wonder if Princess realizes how many past customers are now saying never again to Princess.

Never again with princess and i cruise 2 times a year..... not till there is a cure for the  wuhan virus.