Two Cancelled Cruises

babba

Please excuse me if this question has been addressed before ... I just can't seem to find any answers.

My April cruise was cancelled and I requested a FCC to put towards an August cruise ... that cruise is now cancelled ... I am at the point where I just want all my money back ... I really don't care about that "bonus" credit amount and I do realize I am not entitled to it. Since I paid in full (as a gift to my family) I want ALL the money returned to MY credit card. Is this going to be an issue? I did not cancel either cruise. NCL did. Also where do I find the accounts for the two minors that were traveling with us. This is getting more and more confusing as I just want to bank the money until things settle down. Thanks in advance for your help. 

• Like 1

Since the second cruise was paid with the FCC from the first I'm not really sure how the refund option really goes, but it typically returns to the original form of payment.  You might need to submit a refund request for each person that was booked.

The "account" for the minors would be based on their Latitudes numbers, each person gets one (including minors) when their first cruise on NCL is booked.  Shoot - I had TWO for a short time as I had a TA pricing cruises for me before she had all of my info, the second was generated when she put a room on hold.  Those numbers should be on the confirmation docs.

13 hours ago, babba said:

Please excuse me if this question has been addressed before ... I just can't seem to find any answers.

My April cruise was cancelled and I requested a FCC to put towards an August cruise ... that cruise is now cancelled ... I am at the point where I just want all my money back ... I really don't care about that "bonus" credit amount and I do realize I am not entitled to it. Since I paid in full (as a gift to my family) I want ALL the money returned to MY credit card. Is this going to be an issue? I did not cancel either cruise. NCL did. Also where do I find the accounts for the two minors that were traveling with us. This is getting more and more confusing as I just want to bank the money until things settle down. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Your screwed.

I am in same boat but worse and I tried to now get a refund.

I had a March cruise cancelled and used FCC for a May and June cruise. Both cancelled, I used FCC for 3 February 2021 cruises and they were just cancelled.

I don't know how legal it all is. I have email my AGs office.

When we took FCC we agreed to book another cruise with. We did, 5 in my case and now they cancelled.  I think we met our obligation.

What are they going to do, keep stringing us along. We book they cancel, screw us?  I think when they cancel a FCC cruise we should be given a refund option again.

Steve

• Like 1

Same situation, except my base cruise fee was FREE, they got all the cruise extras held in FCC and I'd have to put out another 1-2k if I still want to cruise or lose that fcc. They changed their policy March 7? So stressed out over this.

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Good luck-  the refund request was time limited-   Which now is long expired.    I’m certain NCL has this well covered in their terms,   

What terms??

All I got was an emailed letter giving me options of FCC or refund.  No link to terms and conditions. Actually in March when I got that email I looked at T&C and found almost none. I grabbed a screen shot, now it has plenty more added to it.

Steve

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I think we are stuck with the fcc since we agreed to take it instead of the refund for the first cancelled cruise.   Im in that boat and i dont like the prices or the itinerary / days. For future cruises. 

I think that going forward (higher prices) on balconies and higher is a good possibility. Many who were happy to get that FCC plus 25% or whatever it was will see how quickly NCL will eat that up.

Del Rio isn't going to throw $$$ at people for free. It's not their business model.

Good Luck finding your cruises once this is over.

9 hours ago, beerman2 said:

I think that going forward (higher prices) on balconies and higher is a good possibility. Many who were happy to get that FCC plus 25% or whatever it was will see how quickly NCL will eat that up.

Del Rio isn't going to throw $$$ at people for free. It's not their business model.

Good Luck finding your cruises once this is over.

I should have kept that Credit card dispute open when my fcc went missing. 

37 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I should have kept that Credit card dispute open when my fcc went missing. 

I have one open now, but I keep hearing NCL is fighting tooth and nail.

I'm on my 2nd cancellation and FCC to cover all the extras (port fees, grats, excursions, drinks) but not the base fare. So far they are not extending the Sept 30 embarktation deadline for the myvegas certificates. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammee said:

I have one open now, but I keep hearing NCL is fighting tooth and nail.

I'm on my 2nd cancellation and FCC to cover all the extras (port fees, grats, excursions, drinks) but not the base fare. So far they are not extending the Sept 30 embarkation deadline for the myvegas certificates. 

Again im missing the fcc from this sept cancel , i called and they wrongly applied the %25 one time use credits. (which i didnt want applied)   and no FCC for the sept cancel that was supposed to show up today. its amazing how carnival can handle it flawlessly for me but ncl is a problem and headache. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Again im missing the fcc from this sept cancel , i called and they wrongly applied the %25 one time use credits. (which i didnt want applied)   and no FCC for the sept cancel that was supposed to show up today. its amazing how carnival can handle it flawlessly for me but ncl is a problem and headache. 

This would have been my first cruise with NCL. So I can't even say it will be my last since I haven't stepped foot on one.  I should have stayed with Carnival and Royal.

• Like 1

The reps are telling me that there is no 20 percent rebook using fcc's discount . its no longer in effect .  so with higher prices and no discount , im failing to see the incentive to rebook vs getting a refund. 

Edited by seaman11

There will be some who will look to cruise immediately when cruises resume but certainly that will not be the majority of people. Therefore I would recommend waiting until the last minute to score the best cruise deals. Many people are not going to cruise again until a vaccine is available. There are sure to be deals to be had whenever cruising resumes. I see no advantage in booking any cruises for the rest of 2020 at this time.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, CruisingSince1982 said:

Contact the attorney general in your state and file a complaint.

This.  They need your money in order to keep their business open.  Once you signed up for FCC that is like a rubber stamp on holding your money as long as they want.  Refund in these situations is the way to go.  Even then they will stretch the time to the max on returning your money so they can use it if needed. 

57 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

This.  They need your money in order to keep their business open.  Once you signed up for FCC that is like a rubber stamp on holding your money as long as they want.  Refund in these situations is the way to go.  Even then they will stretch the time to the max on returning your money so they can use it if needed. 

I have contacted the AG.  The main reason is I believe they are no longer operating in good faith. When we accepted FCC and the bonus, we were required to book by a certain date in order to use it, and to sail by a certain date.

In my case, I have booked 5 and have had 5 cancelled all the way into February of 2021.

I met my end of the contract. When they cancelled on me they did not return the booking incentive back either.

Steve

Our biggest frustration is lack of customer service. We have a similar situation to many others on this site but when we try to get answers we are told to try somewhere else. The first point of contact (phone call) directs us to a guest relations email. Submit that and all you get back are platitudes. Nobody is willing to check into the issue. "Just wait a couple more weeks" is not the answer. It should be "I'll look into that for you." My advice to all: keep detailed records of all transactions and print all email confirmations. At some point we might be able to talk with someone willing to help. 

1 hour ago, whatever60 said:

Our biggest frustration is lack of customer service. We have a similar situation to many others on this site but when we try to get answers we are told to try somewhere else. The first point of contact (phone call) directs us to a guest relations email. Submit that and all you get back are platitudes. Nobody is willing to check into the issue. "Just wait a couple more weeks" is not the answer. It should be "I'll look into that for you." My advice to all: keep detailed records of all transactions and print all email confirmations. At some point we might be able to talk with someone willing to help. 

And if they file for bankruptcy?

Steve