Diamond Club Theory when we return

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Is there a social media site to partner up with a Pin?  😉

Pinterest would have been a good name for the site, too bad it's taken.  😄

Thats funny, but none I'm aware. 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes 5-7pm.  LOL - love the jab @likemindedfolk.  You can actually meet way more people by making the rounds at all the bars and "working the room" than you can by plopping yourself down in the DL with an overloaded plate of nasty and stale hors d'oeuvres.  

Agreed.

It's an amazing coincidence that the meeting of "like-minded" cruisers (whatever that means) as well as meeting old and new friends alike seems to always happen at the free Hh. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed.

It's an amazing coincidence that the meeting of "like-minded" cruisers (whatever that means) as well as meeting old and new friends alike seems to always happen at the free Hh. 🤣🤣🤣

I wonder if they are the same people who eat breakfast in the MDR because it is "more civilized" 😄 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

I believe I said total😂

Sherri🙂

People make up stuff and skirt the truth all the time around here. 

I dont see anything close to that on their website, but good for you

Just now, John&LaLa said:

People make up stuff and skirt the truth all the time around here. 

I dont see anything close to that on their website, but good for you

We booked it two months ago and were very surprised at the price but we have caught great deals like that on Celebrity before.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

What date? All that for 2 people for $1,500? 

Feb 4, 2022. Yes, all that for two people.  Very lucky😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's an interesting strategy.  Do you then visit lounge after dinner. We use vouchers after dinner unless the DL is convenient to deck 4

I take it you like the location of the DL on the O class ships with the exception of Allure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

We're in a similar situation with nearly 500 points and getting older.  We now know Pinnacle is an impossibility, partly due to the cancellations, so there's little incentive left

I just got this email from RCL

Subject: Program Enhancements. You Spoke, We Listened

As you know, we are constantly seeking feedback from our members, either submitted directly to us or posted on social media. One thing that has become clear is that many of our most valued cruisers feel left out, as the "next level" seems out of reach. The see too large a gap between status rungs.

Therefore, as part of our constant effort to improve the program, we are changing the requirement for D+ to be 500 points. To those of you just short of 500, get out there and get cruising 🙂

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I take it you like the location of the DL on the O class ships with the exception of Allure.

Yep, great place to stop by prior to seeing a show. I get a dbl Baileys added to my cappuccino and off to wherever.

Oh, and even Allure often has an overflow lounge down there, so they are all good

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I just got this email from RCL

Subject: Program Enhancements. You Spoke, We Listened

As you know, we are constantly seeking feedback from our members, either submitted directly to us or posted on social media. One thing that has become clear is that many of our most valued cruisers feel left out, as the "next level" seems out of reach. The see too large a gap between status rungs.

Therefore, as part of our constant effort to improve the program, we are changing the requirement for D+ to be 500 points. To those of you just short of 500, get out there and get cruising 🙂

If you only have 500 points, are you truly loyal anyway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Look at MSC. Beautiful new ships, excellent entertainment, big bang for the buck. Food - subjective. JMHO.

MSC Yacht Club hands down much better then RCL suite life. Did the Seaside twice & was blown away. Would never book a suite again on RCL just not worth it. My only problem was the MSC YC B2B’s that I had booked from NY for 2020 & 2021 were all cancelled & repositioned to FL. Hate the hassle of flying so my only departure choices are Baltimore, Bayonne or NY. 

8 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

So I am really happy although our drink package is only classic😂

Sorry, I'm not very adept navigating their site. I was trying to get dining added, but didn't see it.

Nonetheless,  I really dont see how you can say that Celebrity is such a fantastic deal basing it off an oscure and unavailable sale price.

I have a $3,400 OS on Symphony in 2022 courtesy of L&S, but if you try and book it now, its ten grand. Would it do any good in a suite cost discussion to say thats a typical price?

Bottom line, every line had deals on occasion 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, I'm not very adept navigating their site. I was trying to get dining added, but didn't see it.

Nonetheless,  I really dont see how you can say that Celebrity is such a fantastic deal basing it off an oscure and unavailable sale price.

I have a $3,400 OS on Symphony in 2022 courtesy of L&S, but if you try and book it now, its ten grand. Would it do any good in a suite cost discussion to say thats a typical price?

Bottom line, every line had deals on occasion 

Of course every line has deals on occasion but we find with careful & persistent shopping that we have often been able to get one on Celebrity.   

Sorry if I offended you.🙄

Sherri🙂

36 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Feb 4, 2022. Yes, all that for two people.  Very lucky😂

Sherri🙂

You lucked out!!!!!!!!

Here are the two quotes I just got. One from Celebrity and one from a well Know Internet TA.

Ronda Welcome to your Celebrity Cruises Gold award Best Premium Cruise Line! My name is Ronda! Who do I have the pleasure of assisting today?

You  My Name is Oxo. Current booked on Edge

You Hi Ronda. Hope you are staying safe.

You quote Edge Feb 4, 2022 Balcony

Ronda 4367.60 is the total for 2 guest in a on-obstructed view , and it include 2 perks

You What 2 perks, please?

Rondaany 2 perks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is from an Internet TA.

10Nights | Caribbean Southern | Celebrity Cruises: Edge10 Ngt Ultimate Southern Caribbean

Edge Ft LauderdaleFt Lauderdale 10Nights

Fort Lauderdale - Florida|Philipsburg - St Maarten|Castries - St Lucia|Bridgetown - Barbados|St Johns - Antigua|Basseterre - St Kitts & Nevis|Fort Lauderdale - Florida

Ports of Call may vary by departure date and subject to weather and other conditions.

Lowest Rate

· INSIDE$1,379

· OUTSIDE$1,599

· BALCONY$1,829

· SUITE$4,649

HIDE DATES

DATE

INSIDE

OUTSIDE

BALCONY

SUITE

Feb 4, 2022

$1,379

$1,599

$1,829

$4,649

BOOKTaxes: $125

Average per Guest  Total Cruise Rate Bonus Offers 

$1,509.00 $3,018.00 (+ Cruise Taxes: $124.80)  (+ Cruise Taxes: $249.60 )

$1,609.00 $3,218.00

$1,709.00 $3,418.00

$2,309.00 $4,618.00 All perks, booz, internet, grats, OBC,

Don't let that get away.

You paid $1,500 for two people. Minus $500 OBC = $1,000

$1,000 Minus 10 days $15.50/day=155.00 x 2 =$310   = $690

$690 Minus  Classic Bev Pkg: $55/day = 550 x 2 = $1,100 = It is costing Celebrity now only $410 for them to allow you to cruise.

Still have not added in other two perks. WOW!!!!!!

Can we carry your suitcases?    

Happy Cruising! Stay Safe

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You lucked out!!!!!!!!

Here are the two quotes I just got. One from Celebrity and one from a well Know Internet TA.

Ronda Welcome to your Celebrity Cruises Gold award Best Premium Cruise Line! My name is Ronda! Who do I have the pleasure of assisting today?

You  My Name is Oxo. Current booked on Edge

You Hi Ronda. Hope you are staying safe.

You quote Edge Feb 4, 2022 Balcony

Ronda 4367.60 is the total for 2 guest in a on-obstructed view , and it include 2 perks

You What 2 perks, please?

Rondaany 2 perks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is from an Internet TA.

10Nights | Caribbean Southern | Celebrity Cruises: Edge10 Ngt Ultimate Southern Caribbean

Edge Ft LauderdaleFt Lauderdale 10Nights

Fort Lauderdale - Florida|Philipsburg - St Maarten|Castries - St Lucia|Bridgetown - Barbados|St Johns - Antigua|Basseterre - St Kitts & Nevis|Fort Lauderdale - Florida

Ports of Call may vary by departure date and subject to weather and other conditions.

Lowest Rate

· INSIDE$1,379

· OUTSIDE$1,599

· BALCONY$1,829

· SUITE$4,649

HIDE DATES

DATE

INSIDE

OUTSIDE

BALCONY

SUITE

Feb 4, 2022

$1,379

$1,599

$1,829

$4,649

BOOKTaxes: $125

Average per Guest  Total Cruise Rate Bonus Offers 

$1,509.00 $3,018.00 (+ Cruise Taxes: $124.80)  (+ Cruise Taxes: $249.60 )

$1,609.00 $3,218.00

$1,709.00 $3,418.00

$2,309.00 $4,618.00 All perks, booz, internet, grats, OBC,

Don't let that get away.

You paid $1,500 for two people. Minus $500 OBC = $1,000

$1,000 Minus 10 days $15.50/day=155.00 x 2 =$310   = $690

$690 Minus  Classic Bev Pkg: $55/day = 550 x 2 = $1,100 = It is costing Celebrity now only $410 for them to allow you to cruise.

Still have not added in other two perks. WOW!!!!!!

Can we carry your suitcases?    

Happy Cruising! Stay Safe

I feel like we just got one of those $18 drink packages😂😂

Sherri🙂

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Of course every line has deals on occasion but we find with careful & persistent shopping that we have often been able to get one on Celebrity.   

Sorry if I offended you.🙄

Sherri🙂

No offense, I was thinking of poor @Oxo, you probably got his hopes up🤣🤣

• Haha 1