The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

14 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

So am I the only one checking this board daily just to see if the itineraries have dropped? Asking for a friend 😁

You're probably the only one willing to admit it!!!😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

So am I the only one checking this board daily just to see if the itineraries have dropped? Asking for a friend 😁

Since I check the Facebook Crystal Society page several times a day, as it always shows something new has posted, I figure I'll see it there first. 🤓

Patty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Since I check the Facebook Crystal Society page several times a day, as it always shows something new has posted, I figure I'll see it there first. 🤓

Patty

RE itineraries: I just can't believe that neither Patty nor Keith has said that "we're fixin' to find out."  I mean, do either of you really live in Texas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

RE itineraries: I just can't believe that neither Patty nor Keith has said that "we're fixin' to find out."  I mean, do either of you really live in Texas?

They’re also tarrying for those itineraries.

Texans are good at tarrying. My Grandfather, a Texan, would say he was “fixin’ to tarry” for whatever it was he was waitin’ on…

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BEAV said:

They’re also tarrying for those itineraries.

Texans are good at tarrying. My Grandfather, a Texan, would say he was “fixin’ to tarry” for whatever it was he was waitin’ on…

Grandpa wasn't named Zeno, by any chance?

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno's_paradoxes#:~:text=Suppose someone wishes to get,would never actually be reached.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Keith is originally from Long Island and I do not believe I've ever used that phrase in all of my 76 years, although all were in Texas. I'm an educated city girl! 🤪😆🤓

Patty

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Keith is originally from Long Island and I do not believe I've ever used that phrase in all of my 76 years, although all were in Texas. I'm an educated city girl! 🤪😆🤓

Patty

And that is Long Island in the great state of New York not the Bahamas. 

My assistant at work used to say fixin.  For us we like to say y’all.  Then again I also say  watter and idear. Go figure. 

• Haha 1

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It was taken January 4, 2019 after boarding MS Prinsendam for the start of her final Grand South America and Alaska voyage:

dusk0104.jpg

Any speculation if/when Crystal might do a New England/Canada cruise out of New York or Boston?

Roy

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It was taken January 4, 2019 after boarding MS Prinsendam for the start of her final Grand South America and Alaska voyage:

dusk0104.jpg

Any speculation if/when Crystal might do a New England/Canada cruise out of New York or Boston?

Roy

Roy,  I will speculate sooner rather than later.

Just my opinion with no knowledge whatsoever.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Although we put in our deposits weeks ago I suddenly freaked out that we had received nothing from Crystal. My fear was the itineraries would drop and I would be on the outside. 
Anyway we called and they were sent tout suite when we said we wanted to keep them ready to book. 
Now why were they tarrying and are they still fixin them? 

• Haha 3

For the second day I have a sunset photo, both taken almost 1 tear apart from virtually the same place at the onset of a grand voyage.  This was January 5, 2018 after embarking Crystal Serenity in Fort Lauderdale for the prelude to the 2-ship World Cruise:

dusk0105.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

I have been at sea several times in early January but never caught a sunrise (or set) on January 7  We had a week of early spring but it's back to January.  I can't complain as there was snow on the ground a year ago.  This was taken just before starting my morning walk:

dawn0177.JPG.2550e26ee74a613204c1e3556c0024a8.JPG

Roy

• Like 4

We have good friends coming for dinner tomorrow and decided to try to make the Prego Mushroom Soup for the first time. Except for the bread bowls, we found all the "bits and pieces" required, so we shall see how it turns out! 😋😋Wish us luck!!!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Roland4 said:

We have good friends coming for dinner tomorrow and decided to try to make the Prego Mushroom Soup for the first time. Except for the bread bowls, we found all the "bits and pieces" required, so we shall see how it turns out! 😋😋Wish us luck!!!!

Quite an undertaking! Good luck and enjoy!

i wonder if it’s been attempted at the Chez? 🤔🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, BEAV said:

Great question.  I've been tempted to but have never gotten around to it.  However, just today I'm in the home stretch of finally making my big winter batch of french onion soup, and man does the Chez smell good.

Also, when looking at the recipe for Prego mushroom soup, it's a little insight into one reason their cuisine was as good as it was.  Even buying commercially and in quantity, it's not an inexpensive shopping list.  Would have been way easier and cheaper to trim the ingredient list.

• Like 4

On 1/7/2023 at 10:13 PM, BEAV said:

It actually turned out quite well. A little less thick than in Prego, and I suspect that was from the "missing" bread bowl. Really not that difficult to make. 🙂

• Like 6

Yo @BWIVince, if you've got HBO, I've got a movie recommendation: "The Menu."  Call it a biting satire, definitely a black comedy, it's a critical look at class(the social construct, not manners), wealth, but mostly, foodie culture. And wow does it hit its mark(with a sledgehammer, not a rapier.)  You'll recognize many of the characters who populate it.  I know I did and yes, I may, on occasion, have been one of them.  Also, it stars Ralph Fiennes, who's always a fun watch.

And, as you're watching, think about this:

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/noma-restaurant-closing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Three years ago today, a transit of the Panama Canal.  Always a wonderful experience.

Keith

IMG_8096.jpeg.4407c7feacd751e0632430c590f4d19a.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg.b029ad105cef3e4af9a8adad31b71149.jpeg

Same for me.  Today's sunrise is from the Crystal Serenity January 11. 2020 approaching the Panama Canal:

dawn0111.jpg

Roy

• Like 6