The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Well, that's understandable, it was a while ago.  Although I am a little disappointed that my obvious charm and suave manners did not leave even the trace of an impression.

OTOH, maybe I saved the cord bag of another extremely distinguished looking(in a Texas royalty sort of way) solo traveler and I'm confused.  Don't think so, though.

Since you seem to have a stellar memory, is it possible for you to describe the "cord bag" as I don't think I've ever had anything I'd describe by those terms, but maybe it's a regional terminology problem!! What's weird is I actually remember the conversation I had with the Uber driver from the Doubletree near SFO to the Embarcadero. The mind's a funny thing!!

Patty

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Since you seem to have a stellar memory, is it possible for you to describe the "cord bag" as I don't think I've ever had anything I'd describe by those terms, but maybe it's a regional terminology problem!! What's weird is I actually remember the conversation I had with the Uber driver from the Doubletree near SFO to the Embarcadero. The mind's a funny thing!!

Patty

OK, it was a clear plastic baggie full of all those cords that connect all the electronic devices that increasingly rule our lives.  You were sitting one row over from us, but facing our row.  I happened to glance in that direction as I saw you put the baggie on the floor directly under your seat so you could use both hands to adjust things in your carry-on.  You then moved seats to one that was right on the main thru-way of the seating area, leaving the baggie behind.  I retrieved the bag and returned it to you. I thought that person was you based on meeting you at the M&G (I introduced myself by asking if you were Texas Tillie, you replied "I sure am.")  If I'm the one who's confused, my apologies.  

Anyway, maybe you remember OLoPP from the M&G. Short brunette, never met a stranger, slightly tart tongue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

OK, it was a clear plastic baggie full of all those cords that connect all the electronic devices that increasingly rule our lives.  You were sitting one row over from us, but facing our row.  I happened to glance in that direction as I saw you put the baggie on the floor directly under your seat so you could use both hands to adjust things in your carry-on.  You then moved seats to one that was right on the main thru-way of the seating area, leaving the baggie behind.  I retrieved the bag and returned it to you. I thought that person was you based on meeting you at the M&G (I introduced myself by asking if you were Texas Tillie, you replied "I sure am.")  If I'm the one who's confused, my apologies.  

Anyway, maybe you remember OLoPP from the M&G. Short brunette, never met a stranger, slightly tart tongue.

That was not me! I never bring a laptop, just my phone, so I wouldn't have a lot of cords! Mystery solved. 

Actually it's better that I don't remember you as I usually remember people for negative reasons!!

Patty

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

That was not me! I never bring a laptop, just my phone, so I wouldn't have a lot of cords! Mystery solved. 

Actually it's better that I don't remember you as I usually remember people for negative reasons!!

Patty

Ooops...

@KenzSailing, this saga proves you should stick to peeling potatoes at The Chez. (BTW, what’s simmerin’ this weekend? 🤔)

Leave everything else to the “tart tongued” OLoPP. Quite obviously the “brains” of the outfit….

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BEAV said:

@KenzSailing, this saga proves you should stick to peeling potatoes at The Chez. (BTW, what’s simmerin’ this weekend? 🤔)

Leave everything else to the “tart tongued” OLoPP. Quite obviously the “brains” of the outfit….

Beav, you have cracked the code at the Chez, I'm in back keeping the orders moving, OloPP is FOH keeping our clients happy.  I get the high heat scars, she gets the kisses.  Such is life in the industry.

Oh simmering this weekend is a protein backup caused by the fires(we were Marroon yesterday.)  Anyway it the sacred steak night Saturday followed by Burger Night in America Sunday(not our typical) 

Sunday, but we're going for it.

Then there will be a spatchcock chicken and some sausages.

I have back ribs in the freezer, just need to find the courage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I bet you know where this photo was taken.

Keith

IMG_9780.jpeg.b2ebe9f67936a68ce334946a2398eb15.jpeg

Trying to figure out what that red spot is next to Wimbleton Court.  I'm guessing some kind of an antenna on the big mast but it ALMOST looks like it cold be on the ship.

• Like 1

In 2019 we took a float plane excursion. When the plane buzzed Sydney Harbor, I grabbed this unusual shot of Serenity with the Opera House in the background. I can't recall which other line beat us to the premier docking spot, but there they are in the background.SerenityinSydney.thumb.jpg.bdee56cad324dfed15fb94ee1bc39f20.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

One of the ports I enjoy walking around is San Diego.  
And yes those memories that we make or we make through others are great. After all, when it is over it is those memories which we take forward.

IMG_2474(1).jpeg.668612a981e9eb4b7539ab3bcb0bcc61.jpeg

Keith

Absolutely.

Thanks for the memories, Bob AND Jackie! 

IMG_0720.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've noted that the AIS on Serenity is back on.  I'm thinking her work in drydock MAY be wrapping up.

I have another sunset today from my 2015 Prinsendam cruise.  On June 11 we visited Killybegs, Ireland.

dusk0611.jpg

Roy

• Like 5