The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

10 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You are correct.  😀

Keith

I too have fond memories of Catalina Island as I am from SoCal and my grandparents used to have    ahome on Clarissa St..Flying fish boats, glas bottom bots,tour up through middle Ranch where the Wrigleys usedt to have Arabian horses(Which I have owned and loved   in the late 80's )My grandmother also had a llama named Don Pedron who was adoreable and we were allowed to ride him.She eventually gave or sold the llama to a ranch on Catalina which was part of the Inland motor tour, sio I was able to see him again . Oh and I cantt forget   the penny arcade,the salt water taffy making store on the ocean front, and my beloved Sea Monkeys! LOL Also   we used to be able to take an amphibious seaplane from Long Beach to Catalina loved taxiing down into the ocean and landing by Pebbly Beach on Catalina Island 🙂

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

LeeAnne here's some photos and some people who were getting ready to put on their gear.

Keith

IMG_2524.thumb.jpeg.3dd2e6eed69c6d2d861ed41fa39b40f6.jpeg

IMG_1676.thumb.jpeg.4af4f6597f16552d83896058825b411b.jpeg

IMG_25302.thumb.jpeg.8ed47af8b353b603b46a8248ba33298a.jpeg

Yup! I've spent countless days hanging out right there. My favorite spot to stage my gear is to the left along that barrier, just outside the field of this photo. I look forward to going back there to dive once we move back to being dirt-dwellers. 🙂 

• Like 3

When we were on the 2019 World Cruise when we arrived to Auckland we took a flight over to Sydney to visit our daughter and family for a few days until Serenity arrived to Sydney and we would return.  On the day Sydney arrived we could see her from our hotel club lounge as we waited to head over the St. Ive Steps Wharf to take a tender over to the ship.

Our family joined us for dinner at Prego. Timing was perfect as we celebrated our daughter's birthday with the delightful dinner.  Only one year earlier they were on board Serenity with us and our other family for a family cruise.

Keith

IMG_3412.thumb.jpeg.e1254b31c5d135daea1d0160316ba4cc.jpeg

img-3411.thumb.jpg.a80a93b498a37c2e5b3fd262398e580b.jpg

IMG_3435.thumb.jpeg.8f575c7799391023ef9fd3a6938f76d3.jpeg

• Like 4

This is ironic coming from me but in case you all have forgotten guess what day it is? Yes, today is National French Fry Day.

It used to be celebrated on July 13 but a proposal was made and approved to move it to the second Friday of each month.

The idea is Fry (for french fries) and Fri (having it on a Friday).

This is from our 2010 Crystal Symphony cruise from New York City to Los Angeles (San Pedro). We had a wager on that cruise that if some of our members came to the Fitness Center early one morning to workout with me I would have a french fry.  We all got together for a french fry party.  I have a photo of all of us and it includes 45 people from Cruise Critic. 

Keith

P1050238.thumb.jpg.f50869779b08775c73514dbcc8807c98.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is ironic coming from me but in case you all have forgotten guess what day it is? Yes, today is National French Fry Day.

It used to be celebrated on July 13 but a proposal was made and approved to move it to the second Friday of each month.

The idea is Fry (for french fries) and Fri (having it on a Friday).

This is from our 2010 Crystal Symphony cruise from New York City to Los Angeles (San Pedro). We had a wager on that cruise that if some of our members came to the Fitness Center early one morning to workout with me I would have a french fry.  We all got together for a french fry party.  I have a photo of all of us and it includes 45 people from Cruise Critic. 

Keith

P1050238.thumb.jpg.f50869779b08775c73514dbcc8807c98.jpg

My memories of this are kind of sad.  I wasn't on that cruise but at the same time I was on Serenity (Athens to Rome),  My main recollection of your cruise is that a very dedicated Crystal cruiser, Judith (I think Morrison) was supposed to be with you but had a severe cancer setback and had to cancel and I think passed within the next year.  I think at our Meet and Mingle we all made a "Get Well Judith" banner for a group photo and it was sent over to the Symphony.  Rest in Peace Judith.

Roy

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My memories of this are kind of sad.  I wasn't on that cruise but at the same time I was on Serenity (Athens to Rome),  My main recollection of your cruise is that a very dedicated Crystal cruiser, Judith (I think Morrison) was supposed to be with you but had a severe cancer setback and had to cancel and I think passed within the next year.  I think at our Meet and Mingle we all made a "Get Well Judith" banner for a group photo and it was sent over to the Symphony.  Rest in Peace Judith.

Roy

Roy, you are correct.

At our Meet & Mingle I read something I had read a prayer to Judith I had written ahead of time. I had gotten input from Rabbi Morrie.

May Judith's  memory be a blessing.

Keith

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In part of the USA it is "Hot", "Hot", "Hot".  This includes where I live. Some of our wildlife needs to rest more.  This critter was alive and I saw him while returning from a run on the entrance of our neighborhood street.  

Giving the weather where we live is a piece of cake.  Highs over the next seven day as they have been recently 100 to 105 with lows in the mid to upper 70's yet the weather folks end up speaking for a few minutes telling you basically nothing.

IMG_2086.thumb.jpeg.8cf7e86037f23fd526c552bfea11caa9.jpeg

While we won't be eating snake on the Serenity inaugural voyage, we do plan on enjoying Umi Uma AKA Nobu.

IMG_2999.thumb.jpeg.3259058fa8ee98fb22eaad16e56cccac.jpeg

Keith

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Grand Alaska-Panama trip.  On July 15 I was on VIA's Canadian East of Saskatoon on the way to Vancouver to start the Alaska portion of the trip.  The photo was taken out the back window of the dome car.

dawn0715.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

In part of the USA it is "Hot", "Hot", "Hot".  This includes where I live. Some of our wildlife needs to rest more.  This critter was alive and I saw him while returning from a run on the entrance of our neighborhood street.  

Giving the weather where we live is a piece of cake.  Highs over the next seven day as they have been recently 100 to 105 with lows in the mid to upper 70's yet the weather folks end up speaking for a few minutes telling you basically nothing.

While we won't be eating snake on the Serenity inaugural voyage, we do plan on enjoying Umi Uma AKA Nobu

Keith

Aaak re the snake!! Lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

While we won't be eating snake on the Serenity inaugural voyage, we do plan on enjoying Umi Uma AKA Nobu.

IMG_2999.thumb.jpeg.3259058fa8ee98fb22eaad16e56cccac.jpeg

Keith

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Too bad the Nobu beer went away.

And is that the Asahi that was made in Canada?

Ahahi is a Japanese beer. I believe you but I don't remember a Nobu beer. Do you know when that ws available. 

There was the Nobu Chardonnay.  The canadian beer I am familiar with which was served on board which I enjoy and also would have from time-to-time at Umi Uma and also Tastes is La Fin Du Mond.

Keith

3 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And is that the Asahi that was made in Canada?

Given it says made in Italy on the neck label I suspect not 

But they brew Asahi under licence in many countries these days 

I hope, but I suspect in vain, that the Nobu Chardonnay returns….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1