More ships to leave Carnival Fleet.

mercury7289

1 minute ago, Captain_Morgan said:

should read, "2 more ships to leave the Corporation" as opposed to the fleet given this is a P&O forum

Looking at the big picture! P&O being a sub brand, and branch office of Carnival.

But what ever, 2 more going!

Edited by mercury7289
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With in the report to the city was this: looking forward.

And if we are unable to re-commence normal operations in the near term we may be out of compliance with a maintenance covenant in certain of out debt facilities as of May 31st 2021.

Love it to happen, but cannot see any possibility of commencing normal operations in the near term!

Carnival have the issue of the two ships that are still with P&O Australia at present, Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn, that were being "sold" to CMV next year. I am not sure where they feature amongst the 13 or 15 or whatever number it is that Carnival will be disposing of. Perhaps they are the two represented by the figure increasing from 13 to 15? 

And as a further issue, I should think Carnival still "own" the Vasco De Gama of CMV which won't have been paid for after its sale last year. That is presumably part of the Administration process so have no idea whether that ship gets returned to Carnival or sold by the people dealing with the process.

My guess is likely its one or two from Princess given they've been relatively unscathed so far as the 'loss' of the Grand and Star Princess were already planned long before the current shutdown, not to mention they're pushing hard to get more new builds online 

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

yes I know but doubt they’ll be 2 more leaving from P&O

I wouldn't have thought they would reduce P&O fleet to only four including Iona. That's doesn’t sound like good business sense to me, but then again, I'm no business woman, just logical thinking.

Avril 

26 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Personal reasons I would like to think if P&O were selling another ship it would be Arcadia and not Aurora.

I’m braced for either or both to go, if this current situation carries  on for too long.

Aurora is my favourite ship. She was the first ship I sailed on, and we’ve had a couple of particularly memorable cruises on her in the last couple of years.

i always hoped I’d have at least one more cruise on her before she left the fleet, but the way things are, it might not be possible. 

I'm not expecting any more P&O or Cunard ships to leave as part of the current pandemic changes. Carnival put tow further Fantasy class ships into long term lay-up. My expectation is that since then, its been decided that the cost of them in lay-up is not worth paying so they will be sold.

• Like 4

Whilst I agree that at the moment Carnival might not have any current plans to sell any more P&O ships I think when Iona is introduced even with the selling of Oceana I think they will struggle to fill as many berths after vaccine available. I think many who will not have the short memories that P&O hope they have and will no longer book with P&O therefore losing a lot of loyal customers.

12 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Whilst I agree that at the moment Carnival might not have any current plans to sell any more P&O ships I think when Iona is introduced even with the selling of Oceana I think they will struggle to fill as many berths after vaccine available. I think many who will not have the short memories that P&O hope they have and will no longer book with P&O therefore losing a lot of loyal customers.

I think the next time you will see a ship leave is likely to be Spring 2023 following Gala2's introduction in 2022.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I'm not expecting any more P&O or Cunard ships to leave as part of the current pandemic changes. Carnival put tow further Fantasy class ships into long term lay-up. My expectation is that since then, its been decided that the cost of them in lay-up is not worth paying so they will be sold.

The report said basically that, but it did not mention from which brand they would be from.

7 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I think the next time you will see a ship leave is likely to be Spring 2023 following Gala2's introduction in 2022.

I sincerely hope this is another of your excellent predictions! Maybe Aurora will go out in a blaze of glory at the end of a final World Cruise...

I also don't think P&O will lose Arcadia or Aurora.   Once this is all over, there's a gap in the market left by the demise of CMV in the UK and a lot of people, including loyal existing customers who prefer small / mid sized ships.   Other Carnival owned brands don't sail out of the UK, except Princess using either a Grand-class or Regal/Royal Princess and Fred seem likely to dispose of their two smallest ships in the next couple of years following their acquisition of HAL's Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I sincerely hope this is another of your excellent predictions! Maybe Aurora will go out in a blaze of glory at the end of a final World Cruise...

I'm sorry to say this,  but I sincerely   hope for once  he's wrong. I don't relish the idea of only having one medium sized ship. 

Avril 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Personal reasons I would like to think if P&O were selling another ship it would be Arcadia and not Aurora.

Same here. I’m inclined to think that no further ships will leave until Iona 2, but when the inevitable happens I also hope it’s Arcadia and not Aurora. Whilst we had a nice suite on Arcadia that was about all we liked about the ship (and there were several things that we really didn’t like at all) and we wouldn’t rush to go on her again. She does have a very loyal following though and P&O has historically got away with charging a premium for cruises on her, so it will be a brave decision to lose her, but the market is changing rapidly and that doesn’t favour the smaller ships.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm sorry to say this,  but I sincerely   hope for once  he's wrong. I don't relish the idea of only having one medium sized ship. 

Avril 

I only hope he is right in that we keep both of them until at least 2023. Carnival have been moving P&O inexorably toward the megaships and sadly, I can only see this crisis speeding that up ☹️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

I only hope he is right in that we keep both of them until at least 2023. Carnival have been moving P&O inexorably toward the megaships and sadly, I can only see this crisis speeding that up ☹️

And pushing me towards another cruise line. 

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

And pushing me towards another cruise line. 

Avril 

Me too Avril, although with CMV gone and Fred Olsen's launch prices for 2022/2023, I may be cruising less often...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Me too Avril, although with CMV gone and Fred Olsen's launch prices for 2022/2023, I may be cruising less often...

Me too. We've two cruises already  booked for 2021 so 2022 could unfortunately be our last. It just depends on whether Arcadia and Aurora are still around

Avril