Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

I stopped by to see if the Viva cancellations hit the board here yet.  Surprised not to see any posts.  Per posts in the other place, NCL has cancelled the first 2 Viva Cruises.  Same reason as the Prima cancellations - Supply Chain.  Is there verification that this news is legit?

Tom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

4 hours ago, rscales2 said:

Maybe they putting all their effort getting the Prima ready for voyage.

The hull/superstructure construction will be different people than the finishing team.  I doubt they've shifted workers to get Prima done.

23 hours ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I stopped by to see if the Viva cancellations hit the board here yet.  Surprised not to see any posts.  Per posts in the other place, NCL has cancelled the first 2 Viva Cruises.  Same reason as the Prima cancellations - Supply Chain.  Is there verification that this news is legit?

Tom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Norwegian Cruise Line Cancels Inaugural Sailings for Second Prima-Class Ship (cruisehive.com)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlanRRT said:

And they even said that there could be "itinerary" changes for the first July sailing.   This is not normal language for NCL.  My interpretation is they already know that the probability of cancelling the first July cruise (and may be the following one) is high

35 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I find that path funny, its the sam on the cruisemapper now.  Makes it look like the ship went over land on its way to the sea.

Just looks like it was hugging the coast to me. 

as of 10:08 AM's email:

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marinetra
NOTIFICATION
NORWEGIAN PRIMA has stopped moving at:
Time: 2022-06-18 14:07 UTC
Position: N 45° 24.27', E 012° 31.57'
Speed/Course: 0.7 knots / 8°
Area: ADRIA - Adriatic Sea
Source of Position: TERR-AIS
Vessel Position on Map
Voyage Information:
Destination: SEA TRIAL
From Port: VENICE [IT] (ATD: 2022-06-18 11:30 UTC)
Distance to Go: -
Calculated ETA: -
Reported ETA: 2022-06-20 12:00 UTC

Draught: 9.0 m
Load Condition: N/A

Average Speed: 10.9 knots
Maximum Speed: 15.8 knots

Weather:
Wind Speed: 10 knots
Wind Direction: SSE (148°)
Air Temperature: 18 °C

Vessel:
NORWEGIAN PRIMA
Passenger Ship
Flag: Italy
IMO: 9823986
MMSI: 247461200
Call Sign: IL9901
DWT: 10000 t
LOA: 293 m
Year Built: -
Operated By: -
  • Like 2

The hull art at the front balcony is now there too. 

at least we have at the top front a white area were we know nothing. Some people standing there at the sail away. We will see if there is a place for everyone or a super are to pay extra for. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce8uGbjIqBI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

The hull art at the front balcony is now there too. 

at least we have at the top front a white area were we know nothing. Some people standing there at the sail away. We will see if there is a place for everyone or a super are to pay extra for. 

Where they are standing is outside the thermal suite. I can't imagine that would be made available to everyone, or even anyone other than thermal suite guests. (I'm not seeing any access doors in thermal suite renders either.)

• Like 1

No, I meant not the place over the bridge what belongs to the spa. 
i mean the front area at the top deck at the front at the ship. At all renderings there were a grey place.  So it is not clear if it is a public sundeck  or something special. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

2 hours ago, peg013 said:

Just looks like it was hugging the coast to me. 

as of 10:08 AM's email:

Here is a closeup on the path the cruisemapper showing the route prima used,  See the line over the land 🙂  

image.thumb.png.e601b46b9f1d4b319a3c516cdbdc1ceb.png

Edited by RVACruiser43
  • Like 2

I wrote an email to the Prima special event desk to reserve venues for various activities planned on both the September 13 and 23 cruises.

The answer I received says that we have to wait until the crew board the ship, which is currently planned for the last week of July 2022.

So as they have already planned the boarding of the crew, which is about 4 weeks prior to the christening of the ship, it gives me more hopes that the current sailings will be a go.

• Like 5