Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

19 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

is this just a chute for trash or will it be a dry slide like what the Oasis class ships have?

It’s the fancy trash chute for The Haven.

I made the final payment for the transatlantic earlier this week. Yeah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

If I went down one of those things, I'm afraid I'd look like Bob Parr in the first The Incredibles movie -- and get stuck in the tube.

I was thinking more along the lines of when Pooh got stuck in Rabbit ‘s hole and had to be starved out, but same idea. 

• Haha 3

On 5/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, Fredrik said:

So, if you had to bet on the Sep 3rd sailing….. What do you think, is it going to be cancelled and the ship being further delayed or are we sailing?

The would not have cancelled the inaugural sailing if they could "do a little overtime to get finished". They have major problems to cancel the Iceland event. They cancelled the inaugural sailing to get the eyes of the press and travel agents off the christening event. They can leisurely decide how many months the ship's first voyage will be delayed. 3 months? 6 months? We have a October cruise booked and are already working on "Plan B" for the fall. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 5/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

To honor the everything in the Everything.. thread, I present you the creative positioning of the spa and fitness reveal:

323768422_329659-PrimaClass-SPAReveal_v4.pdf 54.85 MB · 115 downloads

Thank you!  Great info, and I am so happy to see those heated loungers facing the water - instead of a wall!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fredrik said:

With exactly  three months until the first sailing, how is the build coming along? Supply change issues or speeding on? 🙂

I am no expert and I know some posters are pessimistic but, it seems she could/should be ready on time to me. 

We have not seen any recent interior pictures, but if we don't get to see any appearing this month then we should be worried. All the exterior work what is being done at the moment is near final stage breakable stuff like tiling the pools, placing glass railings, within time the final layers on the decks, those details. If they start detailing the Ocean Boulevard with the wooden decor and sculptures you know they are close but that stage might be after seatrials.

Here's a photo from this week, not showing details but it gives a general impression I hope:

285712135_806922706953719_6075656803804938938_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am booked on September 13 and 23 cruises.  I am optimistic that it will be a go.

I have noticed signs that NCL is acting like it will be a go.

Several people said that their PCC contacted them offering them discount on the September 3 sailing.

Then, I noticed a slight price decrease on some of the categories for these sailings.  Why NCL would try to discount those cruises if they had low expectations that the ship would be ready?

Finally, we all know that the price of those sailings was more than double than what many people paid last year when they came on sale. Now, it appears that NCL is trying to convince some passengers that booked at a much lower price to cancel their September 23 sailing with perks that they would have a great deal on other cruises.  That means either NCL is expecting to be able to sell those cabins at a higher price or they are trying to reduce capacity.  Most cruise lines are having problems to find enough crew members to full staff their ships. It might be the case.

Another possibility is that the ship may sail with some sections of the ship not available (not completed).  I read on several occasions that on inaugural cruises, there was still staff from the shipyard still on the ship to do final touch.

All this, for me, are signs that NCL is very confident that we will sail on the Prima in September

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

At my september cruise there is now the spa to see, but no reservations are offered. And there is not one spa, i see all highlights with reservations are not offered.

I don't know why but although the website is not offering dinner and spa reservations, staff at NCL is able to book them.  There are hundreds of post on FB about that.  And people are getting their confirmation emails.  Spa passes are $400.00 per person for the TA cruise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

He won't like that if he comes here to check the progress of his ship.. :classic_biggrin:

To my knowledge,  FDR has not been visiting the Prima recently.  Summer was always the person on site

16 minutes ago, SuperSwimmer22 said:

Hi!

Looking to this group of experts for opinions on which suite is better located - 14302 (port) or 13914 (starboard). Thanks for any advice you can share!

13914 is closer to the Haven elevators if that makes a difference to you. I always like Starboard but it depends upon your itinerary I suppose. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Prima&deck=13

Edited by HBCcruiser

1 hour ago, SuperSwimmer22 said:

Hi!

Looking to this group of experts for opinions on which suite is better located - 14302 (port) or 13914 (starboard). Thanks for any advice you can share!

14302 will be fairly close to one of the slides.  Don't know if there will be much noise coming from there?...

1 hour ago, wetcoast said:

Anyone else concerned now with the news of Resilient Lady being delayed?

More from all the posts regarding Covid spread on cruises.  Things are getting worse this month.  

In addition to Covid, supply chain issues, and hiring employees, Virgin also has to build a customer base, they have added ships quickly and may be having trouble getting sales to a desired level.