ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

3 hours ago, Izzywiz said:

Here are some more Ns.....

Celebrity Constellation, New Mangalore, India.

Explorer of the Seas, Noumea, New Caledonia

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Nanotalik, Greenland

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Narsarsuak, Greenland

Celebrity Constellation, New Mangalore, India.JPG

Explorer of the Seas, Noumea, New Caledonia.JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Nanotalik, Greenland (14).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Narsarsuak, Greenland (5).JPG

Great, interesting photos with the ice bergs. The Ns are proving delightful.

Pat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Who would have thought there'd be so many N's.

I particularly like the ones from Greenland, which is on my 'to do' list, and the ones from Naples, which we visited on our first cruise. This winter, I'm going to get some of our old photos scanned on to the computer, so I will make sure I do the photos from our first couple of cruises, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elderflower said:

Nosy Be, Madagascar, showing  lovely Royal Star - 190 passengers and this ship really gave us the cruising addiction.

Pat705543804_MSRoyalStarNosyBeMadagascar.thumb.jpg.7210440c56c52666862c2d133348b8e8.jpg

Nosy Be, that name intrigued me, and so I've finally found it on wikipedia. It means 'big island' in Malagasy language. I'm happy now😊. It doesn't take much😉

Avril

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Nosy Be, that name intrigued me, and so I've finally found it on wikipedia. It means 'big island' in Malagasy language. I'm happy now😊. It doesn't take much😉

Avril

That's the sort of thing I do too Avril. We did four cruises with Royal Star and three of them had similar itineraries in the Indian Ocean where the ship was based. Nosy Be three times and each time overnight, not my most favourite of places but interesting nevertheless. I'm really glad we did cruise the Indian Ocean in the early 2000s before the pirates made it too dangerous. Zanzibar was another exotic port we visited a number of times but we needed a yellow fever jab for that. We were lucky to be able to do those cruises as my step daughter worked for the company and we got some perks!

Pat

• Like 1

Thanks for starting the Os. Your pictures of Olden are gorgeous. Here are my Os....

Marella Discovery 2, Olbia, Sardinia

P&O Arcadia, Olden, Norway.

Royal Princess, Odessa, Ukraine....This is the Royal Princess that became Adonia. I love this size of ship. They can get into the more unusual ports

Marella Discovery 2, Olbia, Sardinia (1).JPG

PandO Arcadia, Olden, Norway.jpg

Royal Princess, Odessa, Ukraine.JPG

• Like 7

I know we've been there before under 'J' for Jamaica but here's a couple from Ocho Rios - Celebrity Century (now Marella Explorer 2) and Regal Princess - as far as I'm aware she's still Pacific Dawn as she never made it to CMV as Amy Johnson.  The quality may not be great as these were taken from our hotel during our honeymoon in 98 - back then cruising 'wasn't for us' and we just had a passing interest in the ships that came and went.  We know better now.....

The next 2 are Oslo during Aurora's Xmas markets cruise last year. No cruise ship in these but I just like the pictures!Ocho1.thumb.jpg.c27cbb42a202ff2cef05c00cd4f28e42.jpgOcho2.thumb.jpg.703bfcb982381668138a544ae07b3b01.jpgOslo3.thumb.jpg.380fffbbcaca7137a4783cec842490a0.jpgOslo1.thumb.jpg.78b996c4cfc5a886f9dc766a309724d1.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, zoe sproodle said:

Forgive me for being a bit late but here's a few Ls & Ms:

Ventura in Lisbon, the first port on our first cruise

Oriana approaching Lisbon

Oceana in La Palma, or could be Lanzarote, somewhere in the Canaries beginning with L anyway....

Muscat taken from OceanaIMG_0558.thumb.JPG.eb2d1ae2cc622521c25e8d0eb4cda240.JPGORIA_Lis.thumb.jpg.7f9f1b195e565dab34578fdd1f91f3d4.jpgDSCF1336.thumb.JPG.f0d4630e75cd62ee299535df6b27e7ab.JPG20190325_165719.thumb.jpg.4de730cb4c478384245e5c63a909859d.jpg

They are worth the wait, who cares anyway if they are a little out of sequence? Not me!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elderflower said:

That's the sort of thing I do too Avril. We did four cruises with Royal Star and three of them had similar itineraries in the Indian Ocean where the ship was based. Nosy Be three times and each time overnight, not my most favourite of places but interesting nevertheless. I'm really glad we did cruise the Indian Ocean in the early 2000s before the pirates made it too dangerous. Zanzibar was another exotic port we visited a number of times but we needed a yellow fever jab for that. We were lucky to be able to do those cruises as my step daughter worked for the company and we got some perks!

Pat

It sounds like your “Z” is going to trump mine! I’m looking forward to seeing those photos!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

I know we've been there before under 'J' for Jamaica but here's a couple from Ocho Rios - Celebrity Century (now Marella Explorer 2) and Regal Princess - as far as I'm aware she's still Pacific Dawn as she never made it to CMV as Amy Johnson.  The quality may not be great as these were taken from our hotel during our honeymoon in 98 - back then cruising 'wasn't for us' and we just had a passing interest in the ships that came and went.  We know better now.....

The next 2 are Oslo during Aurora's Xmas markets cruise last year. No cruise ship in these but I just like the pictures!Ocho1.thumb.jpg.c27cbb42a202ff2cef05c00cd4f28e42.jpgOcho2.thumb.jpg.703bfcb982381668138a544ae07b3b01.jpgOslo3.thumb.jpg.380fffbbcaca7137a4783cec842490a0.jpgOslo1.thumb.jpg.78b996c4cfc5a886f9dc766a309724d1.jpg

We love Oslo, great photos!