Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

6 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Toulon ?

I think @Host Hattie is correct, specifically the Tour Royale, a fort commissioned in 1513 by King Louis XII to protect the entrance of the naval port of Toulon. I guess QE was considered a friendly vessel that day.

Dubrovnik was another thought I first had when I saw @bluemarble's post   The town walls look similar.

EDIT:  OOPS - sorry, I didn't see the later posts in the new page 199 confirming Toulon. 

Edited by sfred
  • Like 2

While figuring out where that gorgeous photo is from, a la @bluemarble above, here’s a snapshot of QM2 from a recent (undated) visit to Red Hook. This view is from the loft condos I mentioned a week or so ago. Photo credit to my friend who lives there. This photo is probably the first time QM2 has been seen in Red Hook from this vantage spot. 

As for today’s challenge, I’ve been somewhat clueless except when container ports are present, and iffy when present…I’ll investigate further. 

QM2.1.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm going with Piraeus, Greece

Correct. That image is from QV's recent call there on October 9th. By the time I captured that image, it was getting late in the day. Almost could have qualified as a sunset image for our "Daily sunrise photo" thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I've probably posted this before but it seemed appropriate as it was taken on November 5th.

I'm not sure there are many clues here.

20151105_155352~3.jpg

No, I don't think you've posted this photo before. This guy with all the itineraries has figured it out. I'll wait a few more hours to give others a sporting chance at this one.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I've probably posted this before but it seemed appropriate as it was taken on November 5th.

I'm not sure there are many clues here.

20151105_155352~3.jpg

Not sure of this search result, since the lighting differences make it difficult to compare, but the port appears to correspond to La Coruna, Spain, in Galicia. I’ve never been there, so I have to rely on trying to match characteristics of online photos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExArkie said:

Not sure of this search result, since the lighting differences make it difficult to compare, but the port appears to correspond to La Coruna, Spain, in Galicia. I’ve never been there, so I have to rely on trying to match characteristics of online photos.

That's what I concluded yesterday as well based on where QV (shown in the photo) has been on November 5th over the years. Glad you were able to figure it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I'm struggling to work out your viewpoint, but that looks an awful lot like Malaga.

4 hours ago, sogne said:

Malaga?

I trust @Lanky Lad will be by shortly to confirm that's Malaga. I held off on identifying this one since I have a nearly identical webcam capture in my archives showing an early evening view of QV there this past December. To help with the viewpoint, this webcam is identified as from the Gran Hotel Miramar in Malaga.

QVMalaga2022-12-17(2).thumb.jpg.2120b72faeb0e10b8462936bf380804a.jpg

• Like 1