Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I have just looked at my notes. The voyage was in October.  I have the ships down as Mein Schiff3, and possibly Siver Cloud.

Duh! I wasn't even paying attention to that closest ship directly across the pier in your Piraeus photo! I was studying the other ship at the far left way off in the distance. For what it's worth, that one looks like a match to one of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette or Reflection).

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

This is a repeat port but a different angle, no marks for the ship 😜

Screenshot_20200906-153408.png

I remember times passing by similar ships with their name being flashed at night. Every time I saw one I imagined how it was me on board enjoying all the things a person, a passenger can experience on such a magnificent ship. I really hope that it wont be too long when we all will have a chance to start cruising on it again. 

All bad puns aside, here's a link to a Wikimedia Commons image that shows @Host Hattie's last photo is from Amsterdam, Netherlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Passagiers_Terminal_Amsterdam.jpg

The way I figure it, her photo was taken at the far left of this image, capturing QV's funnel peaking between the end of the terminal building and the adjacent hotel building.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sogne said:

plenty of room once in but a very narrow entrance which has no doubt limited calls here

been in once professionally

rst.JPG

its seems a clue is needed  this port requires a 20-30 minute shuttle to the main attraction

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I think this might have been QV's only visit to the Spanish port.

port.jpg

port 1.jpg

From what I can tell looking at other photos of this port, the city itself looks lovely. And those mountains in the distance are beautiful. But those storage tanks for the local LNG industry don't help the view much do they?

According to the itineraries I have, QV has indeed only called here once. It looks like QE has only called here once as well. Both calls were within a few months of each other in 2018.

This port is Gijon, Spain.

2 hours ago, sogne said:

its seems a clue is needed  this port requires a 20-30 minute shuttle to the main attraction

I have a theory based on a port we were supposed to visit on one of our cruises (on another line) but that port call was canceled because the weather conditions would have made it too difficult. We were supposedly going to dock near a lumber yard that would have been about a 20-30 minute shuttle ride to the city. But I haven't been able to match any of the online photos I can find of that area to yours, so I will defer my guess for the time being.

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

From what I can tell looking at other photos of this port, the city itself looks lovely. And those mountains in the distance are beautiful. But those storage tanks for the local LNG industry don't help the view much do they?

According to the itineraries I have, QV has indeed only called here once. It looks like QE has only called here once as well. Both calls were within a few months of each other in 2018.

This port is Gijon, Spain.

Yes it is Gijon.   Like you say the dock is not pretty, but the city itself was lovely and the mountains in the distance were impressive.

22 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm going to guess that's Adelaide 

Correct. That's the webcam at Outer Harbor at the port of Adelaide, South Australia as seen in February 2012. Checking itineraries, that would have been QM2's third visit to Adelaide. I'm kind of surprised to see they don't use the British spelling "Harbour" rather than "Harbor".

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Here's an old Cunard bridge webcam image captured 7-8 years ago. For full points, name the port, name both ships, and provide the date of the image.

image.png.0ca6c656b0353a8bf211f1e87e5a0b37.png

It's 1:30am where I am, so I'm off to bed. It will be a few hours until I can provide any feedback on your answers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Even more of a crowd for her departure that evening.

image.png.94a99ae2c0d5973d0d91cb1d835e1b7c.png

Wow, that looks impressive. But is it safe to be that close to the shore? I mean it looks quite risky. As for the crowd, I mean cmon, just look at that ship - its magnificent! Its huge as hell and probably has like a crazy honk which attracted all these people lol. I wish I lived by the sea to watch all those cruisers pass by me.