Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

3 hours ago, carlmm said:

I think there is an American flag  ...

I go for St. Thomas, Austin Monsanto Marine Terminal at Little Krum Bay/ Crown Bay.

Full marks to @carlmm who has provided the correct answer, including extra fine detail about the location of the pier.

@sfred you were right to focus on the windmill in the photo which leads to the natural conclusion that it might be from the Dutch island of St. Maarten. But as you've found @Colin_Cameron, that leads to a dead end.

A google image search for "cruise port windmill", yields a lot of images of windmills on Mykonos. But in my case, a couple of the very first images returned by that search show a good match to the windmill in my photo. They are described as showing a windmill at Crown Bay in St. Thomas. A further search for "Crown Bay St Thomas" yields images that show the windmill within the context of other buildings including a match to the building with the red roof in my photo.

My photo is indeed showing the cruise pier at Crown Bay on the island of St. Thomas.

The reason I asked to identify the pier this time is that @Germancruiser previously posted a photo of St. Thomas back in post #38 showing a more typical view of the Havensight cruise pier there. My photo is of the other main St. Thomas cruise pier located at Crown Bay.

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

The promised clues: this was the maiden call at this North American port in 2016. It seemed that half the city turned out to greet us on both the arrival and departure.  Elementary schools were closed for the day.

P1030212.JPG

P1030214.JPG

Saguenay we were there

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Here's another oldie.

Getting the right part of the world should lead to the right ship. And getting the right ship should lead to the right part of the world.

001.jpg

Let's try Cunard Princess in the Mediterranean or the Canaries.

Further thougths to follow.

1 minute ago, carlmm said:

Let's try Cunard Princess in the Mediterranean or the Canaries.

Further thougths to follow.

Yes, Cunard Princess. And yes, the Med. So that gives you a start.

I wondered if someone might think it was Cunard Countess and start looking in the Caribbean.

Just now, Colin_Cameron said:

Yes, Cunard Princess. And yes, the Med. So that gives you a start.

I wondered if someone might think it was Cunard Countess and start looking in the Caribbean.

Thanks.

I think the picture looks like typically Southern Europe thus most probably it was the Princess.