Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

32 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Yes, it is.

Thus only the question "Where in the world?" remains.

So far I haven't made a guess here without checking an itinerary to back up that guess, but I don't have Caronia itineraries to work with. So here goes.

That looks to me like Honfleur, France with the Pont de Normandie in the distance.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That looks to me like Honfleur, France with the Pont de Normandie in the distance.

Perfect, nothing to add. It was 1st December 2003.

As you have itineraries of the current ships available: Is it correct that none of them did ever call in Honfleur?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Perfect, nothing to add. It was 1st December 2003.

As you have itineraries of the current ships available: Is it correct that none of them did ever call in Honfleur?

That's right. None of the itineraries I have for the current queens list any calls in Honfleur. And I don't see Honfleur listed in any itineraries for QE2 either.

When I first figured out that your photo looked like Honfleur, I was puzzled how a Cunard ship could have been in the shot. Then Lanky Lad helped clear that up by identifying the ship as Caronia.

The current queens do call at Le Havre and offer shore excursions to Honfleur from there.

13 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's right. None of the itineraries I have for the current queens list any calls in Honfleur. And I don't see Honfleur listed in any itineraries for QE2 either.

When I first figured out that your photo looked like Honfleur, I was puzzled how a Cunard ship could have been in the shot. Then Lanky Lad helped clear that up by identifying the ship as Caronia.

The current queens do call at Le Havre and offer shore excursions to Honfleur from there.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

That was QE2's final call at Bergen on 27 June 2008. Here are a couple shots of the flotilla that accompanied us out for our departure that day.

image.thumb.png.c1cb4ef53cbcce028e4c9498419a1b42.png

image.thumb.png.9f400aa1e9bf4720aaa020cac466e576.png

I was on board for that trip and it was quite a send off.  I have a video of it here.

Edited by Lanky Lad
  • Like 1

Here's my photo contribution for today. At first glance it make look like there's not much to go on here, but no hints from me yet since there are some details in the photo that may prove quite valuable in determining what port this is.

image.thumb.png.c40814a063d950632f662850695ef298.png

To earn full marks this time, name both the port and the specific location of the pier shown in this photo. No points for naming the two cruise ships!

Once again I am posting this past midnight my time in the US. Give me until afternoon UK time to get back with feedback on your answers.

15 minutes ago, sfred said:

St. Maarten?  Looks somewhat Caribbean, and also Dutch with the windmill.

That was my first thought as well, the windmill and what looks like the Netherlands Antilles courtesy flag on QM2. But that hill is wrong. (unless there's a new pier since I was there)

56 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

That was my first thought as well, the windmill and what looks like the Netherlands Antilles courtesy flag on QM2. But that hill is wrong. (unless there's a new pier since I was there)

I think there is an American flag  ...

I go for St. Thomas, Austin Monsanto Marine Terminal at Little Krum Bay/ Crown Bay.

• Like 1