Sun Princess

bubbapuck

2 hours ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Why can’t Princess switch the Alaska cruises to the Crown?

They might be able to. They could also cancel. Only time will tell. I would prefer to cruise out of LA due to the conditions. This is my home port. They do still have 14 days cruises to Alaska scheduled out of Vancouver I can look at however. 

4 hours ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Now there's an interesting thought.  All cruises on the Crown have been cancelled over the same period that the Sun is scheduled to cruise Alaska.  That would be an easy switch to make and might be what's behind the ship changes in Europe.  If that happens, we would have been affected by cancelled cruises on both ends of the swaps.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

I am very new to cruising but it is strange to see Princess confirm something like this without informing all of the passengers first. Guess I am anive. Wish I knew what was going on with my cruise.

This is very new to everyone, including the cruise lines.  Nothing like this has ever happened before.  Many ships being unloaded, with some perfectly good ships being sent right to the breakers.  At least the Sun dodged that bullet. 

I sympathize with your desire to know what will happen with your cruise.  We've gone through it several times so far this year.  This is will be our 5th cruise to be canceled due to issues related to Covid-19.  It sucks, but it is still a "first world problem"  

Hang in there, we'll find out soon ☹️

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, roamerfromtexas said:

My guess is they are going to scrap the 14 day sailings from LA (as well as the Suns 7 day sailings from Vancouver) and instead operate a summer season on the Crown from LA doing 4, 5 and 7 day sailings to Mexico and the California Coast.  I do not expect to see Sea replaced in Australia for her 2021 sailings

5 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I am very new to cruising but it is strange to see Princess confirm something like this without informing all of the passengers first. Guess I am anive. Wish I knew what was going on with my cruise.

Completely agree.  I haven't heard anything official yet on our April 2021 cruise on the Sun either.  On the rare occasion that a ship has been sold or rerouted, Princess has made those changes far in advance of the sailing dates to minimize any passenger expense (such as non refundable air or hotel).  Thankfully our April flights were reserved on EZAir and our hotel reservations for Singapore are fully refundable so it's just disappointment for us.  Again.  For the fourth time.  Damn Covid!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Completely agree.  I haven't heard anything official yet on our April 2021 cruise on the Sun either.  On the rare occasion that a ship has been sold or rerouted, Princess has made those changes far in advance of the sailing dates to minimize any passenger expense (such as non refundable air or hotel).  Thankfully our April flights were reserved on EZAir and our hotel reservations for Singapore are fully refundable so it's just disappointment for us.  Again.  For the fourth time.  Damn Covid!

Enjoy that $ 15 OBC that you will be receiving for the Sun cancellation ! 🍻 🍷 🥃 🍸 🏁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, voljeep said:

Enjoy that $ 15 OBC that you will be receiving for the Sun cancellation ! 🍻 🍷 🥃 🍸 🏁

It will join the $15 noted in the Cruise Personalizer that we got last week for the Baltic cruise cancellation last week.  Woo hoo!

• Haha 1

My TA said that she got a notice that the Sun had been sold last night but it was followed quickly by a message from Princess that the email had been sent in error.  My April cruise is still for sale on the Princess website.  Will wait for all of this to settle down before I start cancelling hotels etc.

• Like 1