Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

Hi @exlondoner.  Yes, it's the dinner menu in the Golden Lion pub.  But not QM2, unless I'm mistaken and QM2 is offering it also, but I think it is only on Queen Victoria.  QV's Golden Lion is where the menu photo originates, taken on our Feb 2020 South America voyage.

Edited by sfred

17 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

OK so this one is a little different. The photo will come after the answer.

F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby, Tender Is The Night) shares his Maritime Quest board on QM2 with which other famous person (I guarantee you've heard of him).

Nobody?

Hint: I know that a couple of you have met this person.

22 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

OK so this one is a little different. The photo will come after the answer.

F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby, Tender Is The Night) shares his Maritime Quest board on QM2 with which other famous person (I guarantee you've heard of him).

I wish I had paid more attention to those Maritime Quest boards. I have spent a fair amount of time studying them but I can't recall seeing F. Scott Fitzgerald there. I have learned he included the Berengaria as a setting in "The Beautiful and Damned". Quoting the relevant line from that novel (from the Gutenberg Project):

"That exquisite heavenly irony which has tabulated the demise of so many generations of sparrows doubtless records the subtlest verbal inflections of the passengers of such ships as The Berengaria."

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I wish I had paid more attention to those Maritime Quest boards.

I should have paid more attention too. I had probably read this on two different cruises/crossings before a friend pointed this out to me.

Be careful what you write in a cruise review. You never know where it will end up.

017a.JPG

017b.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That's great, was it a compliment or complaint at the time ??

That’s the problem with being quoted out of context. I know how Anthony Fauci feels (is that too political?). It was more a statement of fact.

It was a long review, and to my mind there was much more of interest in it. But I wasn’t thinking in sound bites.

• Haha 1